Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

All * Star Characters(36)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SexySidekicks, Jul 27, 2015.

1. SoftwareWorkshop

SoftwareWorkshop

That looks very promising indeed.
    I will need ancient males and females in the first place but it's going to take another month before I'm done with the current project so no need to change priorities.
    Pilot/Guard looks really nice.

2. SoftwareWorkshop

SoftwareWorkshop

aaaaand asset bought... :)

3. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

Marius, thank you for purchasing...here's the LOD work in progress

4. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

5. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

6. SoftwareWorkshop

SoftwareWorkshop

It looks very good :)

7. bmmshayan

bmmshayan

(sorry for my English)
    I plan to purchase...

Question:
    Is there any possibility change clothes the character? I need a character - a girl, but to be able to change clothes in the game. With these characters is that possible? These characters are one continuous mesh with the clothes?

Do you have an opportunity to purchase a character (with replaceable clothes)?

8. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

These are very high performance continuos meshes. They are not low performance overlaid models (overdraw) that have a 50% performance loss.

9. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

MS: "Hey there I really like this pack, I was wondering if its been upgraded to Unity 5?"

rungy: Hi ____ , I am currently agonizing about what to do...I want to change the library to 5, include LOD's for mobile (in progress) and an automated avatar system with it, my biggest fear is the legacy support...from what I understand...people using older versions of Unity can download the package in Unity 5 then copy the fbx files to their older projects. So that's probably what the path will be. I'll also be creating two folders of animations one for "in place" and one for root motion (in progress) . Anyhow, that's my current plan. It will be a week or two before the next update posts and around the end of September for the avatar system. The avatar system will require 5, there's no way to get it working in free Unity without the RenderTextures, rest of the data should pose no problem.

10. SoftwareWorkshop

SoftwareWorkshop

Hello,
    How's the working progressing?

11. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

progress is slow but going forward....in the process of moving....probably going to be a late Sep/mid October update(LOD's) and then another update toward the end of October (Major change to 5 + Avatar Sys)

12. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

I might post an earlier update for fantasy characters LOD (all under 2.5 tri's)

13. SoftwareWorkshop

SoftwareWorkshop

cool. That makes me very happy. I'm eager to play with them a bit :D

14. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

These are works in progress and have not been added to the package yet...

SoftwareWorkshop likes this.
  15. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

16. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

17. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

18. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

19. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

20. Roveend3

Roveend3

Very nice pack - I REALLY want to buy this right now, but will hold off until mecanim is supported

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  21. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

Roveend3, thank you for your interest. I have received many requests for root node translation as well as state machine setups. They are coming this month. Right now I am fully vested nto getting all the Mobile characters done this week. I have remapped 19 girl face textures to the new girl face lores model and 21 male face textures onto the new lores male base model...still have to map the girls eyes and scalp colors then do final rigging for all the fantasy characters. If there is time remaining before Monday I will also do Root Node Translation Mecanim setups for this early October update. If not, then it will be in the late month update. I will post here for everyone to know by Monday Oct 5, 2015.

22. rbonfanti

rbonfanti

Hi Rungy! Nice models, very good for my project! I think I'll use 5 or 6 of them. ;)
    But I have some difficulty when I convert them to humanoid, I see you have to make some modification to the root node... just to know when this upgrade will be released, so I can concentrate to other things of my project and add your models when you release the update.
    Thanks!

23. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

Hi rbonfanti, I apologize for that inconvenience. I am adding a second Root Node based skeleton with a an entire set of root node based animations...just finished them, now I have to create the root node base files.

The old directory will be renamed "Legacy"
    The new directory will be named "RootNodeMecanim"

I have tested the new animations and the new skeleton with several sources and animation controllers and they work very well.

The is a problem with the way Mecanim handles retargeting for skeletons of different hirarchies. I'm not talking about the bones or bone names, I am talking about the way they are linked up to each other. The BEST Mecanim setup should have clavs linked to the spine, only only bone for hips with upper legs linked to it, and a ROOT bone on the ground and it should be thought of having the camera linked to it, so no yawing or any other motion that would look odd on a camera.

The new update should be very solid for Mec users, and will be posted on UAS soon.

LOD's have been done for the fantasy set of characters and the other characters should get theirs very soon as well.

This new update should be available on UAS by Fri Oct 30 (approval process est.)

..."finished the entire Root Node animation set yesterday, tested them today...need to make some minor adjustments to ROOT motion for some of them...also need to create new base files for all the characters so they use the new Root node based skeleton. The tests were good, I ran several other 3rd party animations on the characters and they looked perfect. I found it unusual that Mecanim drives an entire skeleton based on "that" skeletons hierarchy as opposed to treating each bone as retargeted to it's assigned Mecanim corresponding one....does not seam like that would be a problem unless you have hierarchal differences such as clavs linked to neck instead of a upper spine...that's where the issue stands out big time. The new Mecanim skels will have their bones setup with clavs to spine2, thighs to hips, and a ROOT bone with perfectly linear motion. In addition all Root node animations have left foot mid stride @frame zero"

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    rbonfanti likes this.
  24. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

Still having a rigging fest with the new skels...

Some other news...
    Question:"what is the best way to remove the weapons?"
    For now, you can turn renderers on and off in the Inspector window, or with c# using renderer.enabled = false
    The new Avatar System will also do this for you with a slider in the inspector window via a globally exposed variable which can also be toggled via code by obtaining a reference to the attached script.

Question:"can I get a jump animation from you for these characters"
    Sure, will add them after I get the rigging done for the Mecanim skels

Question:"what is the method for ‘swapping’ out outfits, heads etc."
    hmmm...I am planning an Avatar System for handling this (using Unity 5 Rendertextures)...that's going to be "at least" a month's worth of work though. It's easier and better for you to wait to see what I do with my Avatar System than to do your own. I have done 3 fully featured Avatar systems before and am very good at making them super easy to use and very user friendly. Wait for mine, don't aggravate yourself with it, or waste time doing redundant work. I am adding colorization as well so it's definately worth waiting for.

25. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

The new Avatar System should be finished sometime in December, and will "initially" control swapping hair, haircolor, helmets and head adornaments, eye color, facial features, skin color, some outfit coloring and weapon swapping.

26. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hey there ... just picked this up yesterday. It's really great. Highly recommend others to get it.

My only difficulty in using it is that some of the animations are a little limited. Any possibility of adding a few more animations? The ones I would love to see would be:

- A bow shooting animation that is a little longer and goes from the bow idle position to a shooting position back to the bow idle position (rather than from the bow combat idle position).
    - Some spell casting animations for the wizards
    - A couple more melee attack animations ... currently the selection is pretty limited with only 1 attack.
    - Grenade throwing animation and perhaps some more shooting animations for the gun dudes.

Otherwise, this is a fantastic package.

27. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

Hi Raj, sorry for the late reply...adding those anims is very easy...I'm late on my mobile/LOD update...but I have good reason for that... as I am adding up some realy good Christmas goodies

28. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

Mobile LOD's are in for the fanatasy characters, added two big controllers for weaponstates as well as test scenes. Added a skinned mesh combiner script. Major fixes for ALL female characters..theri root nodes were pointing the wrong way. The update should be approved by UAS by New Year Eve. This is the last chance to get it at $50...after that it's $30 6 packs or $150 for everything.

29. stlouis4d

stlouis4d

Very glad that I picked this up at current pricing. It's a nice package that I'm hoping gets a lot of attention and regular updates.

Looking forward to working with the new Avatar System. Will this enable swapping out or mix and match of tops and bottoms of any of the female (or male for that matter) fantasy outfits? Can gloves, bracers, boots, helmets, hoods, etc. be easily turned off/on or swapped between outfits? Any chance of a version of the male Ranger and Wizard with their hood down so their head/hair is visible?

A previous post mentioned new Villain and HD Packs in the works. Any update on when these might be released, as well as any details on what they might include? As nice as these models are, I'd really like for them to be able to step out of the background and into some starring roles, so the HD pack would be very much appreciated for the female and male fantasy characters. As for Villains ... any medieval fantasy villains in the works for that package?

30. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Played with this more and love it. Never mind about animations. . Can just retargetted them with my other animations.

One thing I would love is a couple of variant heads to make other races like orcs and elves.

31. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

St Louis...I'm a huge fan of Lake St Louis myself ! One big win this month was the skinned mesh combiner...it allows me to alter and swap any and all components of a model on the fly AND...coming soon a texture atlas tool that allows for re-arranging UV's of any model (via render textures and UV sets...even normal maps can be rotated with the right rotation of their vectors right? :) so just how much swapping do you want to do! ...I am thinking of a lot...I wanted to do HD packs separately ...really I did...but we're going to go with included to avoid cutomer heartaches, early q1... ranger, crusader and knight options for hoods and hair are a MUST. (to be included with ASCL Q1)

Raj, I have Vamps, Orcs, Kobolds, Reptilians and demons for new chars 2016, They have been on my list for a while....basic model work and concepts are done....need to normal and paint now. Please understand they are a separate purchase ("mostly" humanoid mec of course) I have many other "new" very cool races that I want to introduce too.

to ALL, thank you for supporting this product. I update every month and work an average of 16 hours a day on it. currently I am working on total controller setups / ability systems DOT AOE, damage reporting status effects , physical as well as mathmatical collsion detection, colorization, and ANYFACE technology,. I've got combat /collision working and am adding some other unusual forms of control. You may have noticed that any geeky stupid looking anims are going bye bye. I also have some environemntal assets planned namely Crazy Cliffs and Wacky Walls...deformable level geometry that can be baked in editor or at run! These are very exciting days for me and I want you to know that I am working hard to help you in your endeavors! Merry XMas ! and have a happy new year....

Tentative Schedule:

Q1
    Mobile for Modern and Sci Fi (INCLUDED IN ASCL)
    Colorization((INCLUDED IN ASCL)
    AutoAtlasing((INCLUDED IN ASCL)
    UV Atlas tool (remapping of ANY linked mesh for baking into one skinned mesh)((INCLUDED IN ASCL)
    PBR on everything((INCLUDED IN ASCL)
    Morphs(ditching head variant meshes ...easier for working with)((INCLUDED IN ASCL)

OTHER SEPARTELY SOLD PRODUCTS coming in 2016!
    OTHER SEPARTELY SOLD PRODUCTS coming in 2016! Combat Systems(sold separately)
    OTHER SEPARTELY SOLD PRODUCTS coming in 2016!Fantasy RPG Ability System(sold separately)
    OTHER SEPARTELY SOLD PRODUCTS coming in 2016!Evil Enemies(mostly humanoid skels) (sold separately) (concepts complete, modeling nearly complete)
    OTHER SEPARTELY SOLD PRODUCTS coming in 2016!Mugs and Thugs(humanoid skels) (sold separately) (concepts complete...robbers and terrorists)
    OTHER SEPARTELY SOLD PRODUCTS coming in 2016!Military Personel Pack(humanoid skels) (sold separately)(cops and soldiers) modeling already done...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  32. hopeful

hopeful

@SexySidekicks - Be very, very careful about giving roadmaps and assigning due dates for things. If I was you, I'd edit the post above and remove your Q1 & Q2 projections. Some people will take that as a promise to deliver, and for it all to be in your All*Star package, I'm sure.

Also, if you introduce any other products, it's best to discuss them in separate threads. I've seen where people thought that if they bought one package by a developer they were entitled to everything else he mentioned in his thread.

33. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Coo ... looking forward to the orcs and other packs. No problem paying for those separately.

34. stlouis4d

stlouis4d

@SexySidekicks All of that sounds fantastic! Can't wait for the new morph/mesh combiner/texture atlas functionality and HD textures as these were exactly what I was needing and my personal highest priority. And of course, new packs of figures (especially medieval fantasy) are always appreciated. Looking forward to working more with your assets as they continue to get better and better with each new release.

Hope you especially have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Looking forward to Q1 All*Star releases!!

35. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

new price and updates will most likely be kicking in Monday(28th)....I'll try to squeeze in some additinal revisions for that update, else the next update will be late January

36. hopeful

hopeful

I'm covered. Bought it just before Xmas. :)

37. SoftwareWorkshop

SoftwareWorkshop

Oh man, I'm excited to see those on the TODO list :D

38. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

Legacy updates will probably be posted this weekend

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  39. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

Holding off on adding Legacy back in until the customization interface is implemented and finished...my apologies for the delay

40. lofwyre

lofwyre

Is an avatar system sill planned?

41. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

yes, ....avatar...low mobile LOD(for the other characters,sci-fi and modern)...HD heads...not sure whether or not to do those with morphs or bones for facial animations...combat demos(on flat planes)...many new shaders...all scheduled for end of January update.

42. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

I'll post some shots of works in progress soon...

43. lofwyre

lofwyre

Thanks for the update, would be good to get more variety of clothing. There are a few avatar systems on the asset store but they all suffer the same issue, not enough variety of clothes to be usable for anything other than a prototype.

Cheers
    Matt

44. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

I agree, originally this library was only supposed to be 36 extremely generic characters for $50...it's changing into something well beyond that scope as we move away from "supporting characters" and into "Mains"...hence the price hikes...more to come!

45. hopeful

hopeful

BTW, the store description still contains a reference to $50. ;)

30 good "B" grade generic characters for 50$!!! Great for prototyping or support roles and they are very high performance for PC. Note:these are not normal mapped​

46. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

Hopeful, thank you VERY much for pointing that out. Any and all feedback, crits and error reporting is like gold to me.

47. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

Scheduled for end of January release...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  48. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

scheduled for end of January release...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    gman likes this.
  49. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

scheduled for end of January release...