Search Unity

Resolved All Script File Names Became "Csharp.dll"

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by mrcipher, Aug 25, 2022.

1. mrcipher

mrcipher

UPDATE; After messing around with the code more, I found out by making a new script, everything seems to work! The question I still have though is... Why did this happen?

Hi! Long story short, I don't know fully what happened/why it happened, but I need help learning how to change file names to what they are supposed to be. What happened was; I had added a Prefab gameObject to a scene. Because of this; ALL of the Scripts changed the file names to "Assembly-Csharp.dll". This of course is a problem because the file names now no longer match the script name. So All of the scripts I have no longer work. One thought I had was the scene was corrupted. I noticed there was some issue before with the Scene, so that scene might be corrupted?

Also, after looking online, I tried a solution; to copy the Game Objects over to a new scene. This did not work. I am not sure of other solutions to this problem

What could have caused this, and how do I fix the issue without corrupting the entire game?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022