Search Unity

All prefab previews are completely black

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Hertzole, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Hertzole

Hertzole

Hi

For some reason, in my project, all my prefab previews are solid black. I've dealt with it for a while but now it's actually getting annoying because I can't see at a glance what the prefab is. I've tried reimporting all assets several times and deleted the entire library folder but no change. It only happens in this one project too. All my materials are using the standard Lit shader included in the URP package.
    What could be causing this and how can I fix this?

Czejkab, FlightOfOne and Plaximo like this.
  2. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Were you able to figure this out? @RealMTG

3. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

4. Hertzole

Hertzole

Oh yeah, that "fixed" it, but I don't see it as a fix so probably why I never mentioned it. I still had couldn't include those things that were invisible in the layers.
    Other than that, nope, never found a proper fix, unfortunately.

5. Refeas

Refeas

Have the same issue, setting mask to Everything "fixes" it but is unacceptable in our case. All the previews (thumbnails, inspector preview, etc) are completely black. It's hard o work with Unity in sucha state.
    BTW, having a black background as a preview is terrible idea - it's that way ever since we switched to SRPs (same for HDRP).

Did you get any public issue tracker link so we can track the state of the issue? Thanks.

Czejkab likes this.
  6. Refeas

Refeas

Hertzole likes this.
  7. ThavonBird

ThavonBird

I fixed it Just go to project setting and go to quality and change render pipeline asset to the correct one and your Prefab are colorful back . Hope this help you