Search Unity

All of my remote config data got erased please help!

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by castleintheskystudios, May 25, 2020.

1. castleintheskystudios

castleintheskystudios

Both my dev and production environments got whipped out! how can I restore it??

I was updating some remote configs from unity, when pushing the last one I got some error, not wanting to risk the data I tried to pull before I push again, this pulled an empty data with no remote configs.

Trying to figure out whats going on I changed to my development environment and pulled as well only to receive empty data so I opened the web console to see that all of my configs got whipped out!!

I was planning on lunching my game today and restoring all the information will take hours of work as the values weren't backed anywhere!

Please help!

2. castleintheskystudios

castleintheskystudios

For anyone who find himself in a similar situation.

I found out that the remote config data is saved locally in Assets\Editor\RemoteConfig\Data\RemoteConfigDataStoreAsset.asset
    So I could take the data from my last backup.

Trying to replace the files didn't work buy might will with some tinkering.
    I ended up using the upload CSV feature to easily duplicate the data from the asset file to a CSV file and than uploading it.

P.S
    I might have made a mistake trying to push/pull after receiving an error but this whole thing did start from an error resulting in all of my data deleted so I might look into that.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

How were you able to tell your data was missing? Was your Dashboard not available, or was it empty?

4. Yanka33

Yanka33

Same issue here, and the Dasboard is empty.

First, I create a config on the Dashboard 1-Create config.PNG .
    Then I create some keys in this config 2-Keys.PNG
    When ready, I click on the "Save" button and all is properly saved.

Then, in the Editor, I pull my newly created configs
    3-Pull.PNG
    First weird thing: my float value is set to 0 whereas I set it to 0.5 in the Dashboard.

So I fix the value back to 0.5 and push. Apparently all goes good, no error message, no warning, the console is empty.
    4-Push.PNG

And now, if I pull again, my config appears to be empty:
    5-Pull 2.PNG

And the same on the Dashboard, the config completely disappeared. I cannot add a 6th file to show it, but believe me it is empty. The "Default Config" created on the 1st step is gone. I have to do everything all over again.

I am using Unity 2019.3.7f1 and Remote Config 1.0.9 (the verified version for 2019.3).

5. Yanka33

Yanka33

I've run some more tests :

- The config is deleted whenever I try to push a float value which is actually a float (with the format X.X, like 0.5, 1.3, etc.) from the Editor.
    - If I modify the value in the Dashboard and save, there is no problem: the value is updated and the config is not deleted.

- If I try to push a float value which is actually an int (like 1, 2, 3, etc, no decimal) from the Editor, the config is not deleted. The value is correctly updated in the Dashboard, but after a new pull in the Editor the value is shown as 0 (but is still correct in the Dashboard).

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please use the latest preview release, we have addressed the issue with float values.

7. Yanka33

Yanka33

Sorry for the delay in the reply, but I confirm that after updating to the latest release, the issue disappeared :)

JeffDUnity3D likes this.