Search Unity

Resolved All of a sudden get black screen on build

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by osimaleki, Mar 11, 2021.

1. osimaleki

osimaleki

Up to recently, everything was working well. After I added a canvas (or something else I did), when I build to my android, I get the black screen instead of the camera.

No Build Settings/Player Settings changes to my knowledge, but rechecked everything anyways. Also tried to follow the tips here to no avail. https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.mars@1.0/manual/FAQ.html

I can certainly start over again as this is a test project in trial but I really want to learn to fix this as I can't afford to struggle this way on the main project we are working on. Plus, this was just working fine!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hello @osimaleki,

Strange; could you share with us the device log when running the app to see if there is anything missing?.

In the meantime (if you can), It would be really helpful if you can create a bug report with your project so we can assess better what might be happening in your specific case

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  3. osimaleki

osimaleki

Hi @jmunozarUTech

So... I was just about to get the log from the phone and the camera showed up. So weird. I didn't even try to build a new version to the phone. Just opened the app again.

Will definitely submit a bug report so in case it happens to others or it can be reproduced.

Thank you!

4. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

We used to have a bug on AR Core where, due to an OS-level permissions check, the camera wouldn't work on the first run of a Unity application. This case seems similar, but I'm pretty sure that bug has been solved by the time we released MARS. Did you accept all of the permissions prompts when you started the app? Anything seem "fishy" related to camera permissions?

5. osimaleki

osimaleki

Interesting. I am building to an Android device. I uninstalled multiple times and did give it permission again.

However, since last time it was fixed, no issues yet.

6. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

I got dead black screen on Android first, but hadn't installed ARCore to the project and that fixed it. I guess this wasn't the case here though as you had it working sometime and sometimes not.

7. osimaleki

osimaleki

Yeah and I have not had any problems since so having fun developing :)

mtschoen and tonialatalo like this.