Search Unity

Question All my VR projects suddely not working - both Open Xr and Oculuc.

Discussion in 'VR' started by vdizzle13, Mar 20, 2021.

1. vdizzle13

vdizzle13

I am currently using Unity version 2020.3f and everythign was workinng perfectly, then this morning I tried to view my game I am making on my Oculus Quest head set and all I am getting was teh SDK was not found / unknown. I have reinsatalled unity and haver moved over to Unity 2020.2f but this has not helped. Now i am not getting the error msg but I am still getting a blank screen, does anyone know of a work around for this?

Thank you.

2. vdizzle13

vdizzle13

Attempting to set the tracking space to Room, but that is not supported by the SDK. Supported types: Unknown. M y error MSG

3. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

Do other non-unity apps work for you (ie: is it a problem with oculus setup?). I don't think such an error message comes from the Unity side.

Otherwise if you can send a Unity log / bug report we can take a look and try to help.

4. vdizzle13

vdizzle13

HI thep, thank you for replying. Sorry I took such a long time to get back to you, I have been trying a few things out.

I have no error msg now, weirdly, the screen is just showing up black when i press play now in Unity scene, this is the same on 2 dif computers, 2 dif link cables and 2 dif headsets. I have followed 4 step by step tutorials to make sure something was not missed but still showing up as black screen.

I am able to build out to android to my headset if i use the Oculus integration, but if I use the Open Xr it will build out to the headset but it does not allow me to do anything.

Not sure if this will help, but when i try load the Open XR in the oculus link - it shows unity as loading , but does not move on from there.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  5. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

The Unity OpenXR integration doesn't yet support building directly to Quest / Android. Coming soon.

If you submit a bug report after getting the black screen issue in the editor, we can investigate the logs and see if there is anything pointing to the problem with playmode that you're seeing.