Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

All mesh filters replaced with "combined mesh (root:scene)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Lune, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Lune

Lune

there are a few posts about this but suddently all my static meshes were locked on the editor, i could not move them, after further inspection i found that all the mesh filter components were replaced by "combined mesh (root:scene)" components, however it does not stops there, all the prefabs from my scene lost their link and became unique objects (objects are gray and not blue in the inspector).

I think i reached this point after i left a lightmap baking all the night, and when i came back unity was frozen with a warning about not having enough ram.

Already tried reimporting all the project, didnt work.

im using unity 5.6.1p2.

2. Lune

Lune

3. HellsPlumber

HellsPlumber

I THINK this is caused by Static Batching. It combines meshes together so they use a single draw call.
    You should still be able to move static objects in the editor as long as you're not in play mode.
    You should also be able to set the original mesh in the Mesh Filter component.

For me, the combines meshes were giving me issues once the game was built and reverting it back to it's original mesh fixed the issue.

unityunity