Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug All materials are black and lighting is painfully bright, after a long series of bugs.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Vaeryx, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Vaeryx

Vaeryx

Hey there,

I've run into an odd problem that came after a series of other bugs.

It started when I got prompted to use the HDRP. I just clicked on through, letting it use whatever default settings it wanted... and everything in my game turned pink. After some screwing around, I managed to fix that (though I can't quite remember how).

Then, more recently, I started getting an odd, 20-ish line error code in the console, similar to the one discussed in this thread. https://forum.unity.com/threads/error-after-update-to-unity-2021-3-16f1-lts.1374864/

I saw that it was associated with Unity 2021.3.16f1, so I updated to 2021.3.18f1.

And now, all my materials are jet black in the project window, but not the inspector or the game. Then, there's the really weird part: the entire scene is sun-bright, even with the old directional light tuned down as low as it'll go. It's actually so bright it's hurting my eyes. As for the materials, oddly enough, the inspector shows them as their original colors. I can modify them and they'll turn back to their original color in the project window, but it doesn't last forever.

Not really sure what's going on here, but I'd like to get this fixed so I can go back to prototyping my game.

Thanks for any help!
    Screenshot (1033).png Screenshot (1034).png