Search Unity

All lighting disappears in standalone build, but remains in Unity editor

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by sayincraft, Jun 24, 2021.

1. sayincraft

sayincraft

I have been working with Unity for 6 years, and have never had lighting problems. But now that I have gotten far enough in my current project to create a test build, I have found all lighting has not only changed but been removed. (Other than some resemblance of a directional light, which still seems different). I am using Unity 2019.4.12f1.

I have looked at every thread that I could find that relates to the issue, but nothing has worked. I have checked my lighting settings for the scene, changed everything with baked and realtime lighting several times, and rebuilt the standalone version for every change. I have checked the quality and graphics settings and it all seems like it should work. I am getting desperate! This will be my very first forum post, so pardon for any improper etiquette here. Below I will post comparisons of Editor to Standalone.

Editor
    upload_2021-6-24_12-39-4.png
    Standalone:
    upload_2021-6-24_12-40-50.png

Editor:
    upload_2021-6-24_12-41-27.png

Standalone:
    upload_2021-6-24_12-41-44.png

As you can see, the lighting is very very not working. I have my settings page below, and everything is set to max.
    upload_2021-6-24_12-42-29.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Scott Warren, Sayincraft Studios

2. sayincraft

sayincraft

3. LT23Live

LT23Live

4. sayincraft

sayincraft

I did! What I did was drag and dropped the graphics/quality settings.asset from a previous version of the project into the ProjectSettings folder in the projects directory. Somehow I had screwed up the graphics/quality settings and needed to reimport them using an old version.