Search Unity

All JS Animals pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by junichis1, Sep 12, 2016.

1. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

I was wondering about that as well :)

I think the best and safest option would be to create a second package, which initially is empty or just a text file, with a price tag of $500. Then he will need to notify existing and new buyers both in the product description and in this thread (edited into his first post) to make a free upgrade to the new (second) pack.

The new package in turn, gets gradually updated, however, what is essential is that he would need to continue raising the price of the main (first) package every time he updates the new (second) package, in other words, each month.

He will also need to write on the product description of the new (second) pack not to buy this, but instead buy the first pack and make the free upgrade.

Although the best thing would be first to contact Unity support and see if they have any better suggestions. I would be happy to write any template emails, and/or the text used on the product descriptions if needed.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. GoRolyGo

GoRolyGo

is it posible to make 2 packs and the upgrade pack like 5,- to upgrade, and when that pack size rises to upgrade price icrease to when part one of pack is full

3. junichis1

junichis1

Thank you for your information.
    I will be careful about the file size in the future.
    I also think about the idea of splitting.

4. junichis1

junichis1

Thank you for your suggestion.
    That is a good idea.
    But I do not want to make the selling method too complicated.
    There is also the possibility that the file size that can be downloaded will increase in the future .
    So I will keep the current method still for a while.
    If the capacity seems to be over, it may shift to this method.
    It depends on future production pace.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    jonfinlay likes this.
  5. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Thanks so much for that update, seven new animals! The Tapir looks great, it's currently the only Tapir on the Asset Store, I really like these unique and often endangered animals you keep adding. The European Robin was also a nice surprise in last month's update. Looking forward to updating.

Out of curiosity, how did you manage to halve the download size? Also, it appears that someone has left a review stating the asset cannot be uncompressed (although I believe before the latest update). This has happened to me in the past, usually because of poor internet connection or because the file name changed and I had to delete the previous package. Although he shouldn't have a problem if he tried again now the file size has reduced.

6. junichis1

junichis1

Thank you for your comment.
    I missed what was pointed out in the review.
    I was saved by your information.
    The problem with file decompression was solved. I downloaded Ver1.9 and confirmed it.
    Reduction of the file size was mainly done by reducing the image file using https://tinypng.com/.

7. Mighto360

Mighto360

Hi! I have some animal suggestions:

Moose
    Rabbit
    Fox
    Some more freshwater fish (Bass, Carp, etc)

I love all the exotic animals, but adding common things like these would make you a major competitor with assets like 4toon Studio's Forest Animals.

8. Teila

Teila

Still hoping for the falcon! :)

9. junichis1

junichis1

I think so, too.

These animals will be added in the future.
    It is likely to be around the beginning of next year.

10. junichis1

junichis1

Thank you for your request.
    I am currently looking for images for textures.
    I can not find good images of the public domain.
    Therefore, I may need to collect data at zoo or museum.
    Hence it will take some time.

Teila likes this.
  11. Teila

Teila

I gather you use the images for the textures, not just for concept art. I will see what I can find too...send my artist daughters on a mission. :) Will contact you if we find anything.

Edit: My daughters tell me they have them at Busch Gardens so our next visit we will try to get you some good pictures. :)

jonfinlay likes this.
  12. junichis1

junichis1

That’s a brilliant idea!

It is best if you can take poses spreading wings but it is great if there are whole body from various angles or the close up of the face and foot.

Pictures of birds are difficult to take, so do not mind if you can not do it well.
    In particular falcon often hides behind the cage.

Even if there are some out of focus, it may be used for color and pose reference.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Teila likes this.
  13. Teila

Teila

No problem. Will most likely be after the holidays as the area becomes super crowded with tourists and we prefer to avoid the theme parks. lol

But in the couple of months after that, we will be out there anyway. My girls are teen artists so enjoy going to draw the animals.

jonfinlay and junichis1 like this.
  14. junichis1

junichis1

Thank you and your daughters.
    Any time is okay.
    I'm looking forward to it.

jonfinlay and Teila like this.
  15. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

I was really pleased to see your latest production diary, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Anteater, Tarantula, Peacock, and Ant. I'm currently working on a Cerrado ecosystem (the Brazilian Savannah), based on David Attenborough's Living Planet Episode 5 "Seas of Grass" which feature all of those animals you've got listed in development plus a few of your existing animals like the maned wolf. Also, it's great to see you working with Teila's daughters to develop the Falcon, sure it will be of great satisfaction to them to know that they have helped create the model.

Also, a very minor point is that the on your 6-Turtles Pack the link in the description text "Upgradable to All JS Animals pack" links to the Unity Asset Store front page, rather than your Complete Animals Pack. This may apply to other packs as well, so worth checking.

Keep up the great work!

16. junichis1

junichis1

Thank you for your comment.
    I have just watched the documentary series of David Attenborough.
    I am looking forward to your Cerrado ecosystem.

Thank you for pointing out link mistakes. This will be fixed at the next update of "6 Turtles Pack".
    Crow, chicken, seagull, trilobite, scorpion will be added at the next update of "Complete J. Suko Animals Pack".

jonfinlay likes this.
  17. Mighto360

Mighto360

I was wondering if we could have a eating and walking animation for the animals (especially the deer). So the head is down and grazing, but legs are walking.

18. Teila

Teila

I am afraid we have not been able to take the falcon pictures yet. Busch Gardens does not have any so we are looking around locally.

19. junichis1

junichis1

Please do it in the following way.
    1. Include Spine 3 in avatar mask "NeckAndFace"(Deer/Demo/Animator).
    2. Add EatStart, Chewing, and EatEnd animation to the NeckAndFace layer just like the base layer of DeerAC.

20. junichis1

junichis1

No problem. Please do not worry.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Teila likes this.
  21. Mighto360

Mighto360

Thank you!

junichis1 likes this.
  22. Mohamed-Anis

Mohamed-Anis

@junichis1 are there plans to upgrade the materials for 2018's LWRP and HDRP?

23. junichis1

junichis1

I'm sorry to reply late.
    I will test some assets in the next update.

24. Mohamed-Anis

Mohamed-Anis

Thank you!

junichis1 likes this.
  25. saarrepairs

saarrepairs

Hey junichis1,

i really love your models, animations all of it. Especially the Extinct Animals. I would like to create a VR Enviroment where a Person can stand at a fixed stop under water and different aquatic Animals swim around him/her. Could your models be used for that purpose? (I have to say i just started to inform myself about the topic and will mostly do it in my free time or intend to hire a little help maybe if i cant get anything done :D )

26. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi, I'm a game developer using Junichis' models too. They use unity's standard shader for materials, I don't see any issue with VR settings, models and animations should all work correctly.

junichis1 likes this.
  27. junichis1

junichis1

I'm sorry to reply late.
    As for VR, HTC vive worked with all animals in the "Complete J. Suko animals pack" without any problems.
    I will post the link of my recently released VR app for reference.
    https://www.viveport.com/apps/f95e4953-7339-449f-aa28-126517256a9b/VRAquarium/
    However, since this was made in UE4, the appearance may be different.
    The FBX used are almost identical to the Unity version.
    The Unity version will have fewer variations on the texture of the Koi.
    Several fish models (Koi, Betta, Goldfish) will be added in the future update(possibly after next).

28. junichis1

junichis1

Thank you for useful information.
    I was helped by your comments.

Harekelas likes this.
  29. Dan192

Dan192

Hey,

does this package support the Universal RP?

Kind regards,
    Daniel