Search Unity

All games crash on Dev Alpha 2 after OS update

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by udik, Mar 2, 2015.

1. udik

udik

Hi folks,

My Dev Alpha just got updated to latest I guess, 10.3.1.1565 . The home screen's new look is really cool but on the flip side I can't run any Unity game, they all crash or just hang on this great Unity startup logo. Any ideas?

All of my games were built with Unity 4.5.x

Thanks,
    Udi

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

You didnt say which device he is testing on and also there has been so many changes since 4.5 days..

3. udik

udik

Testing on the Dev Alpha B. What I am concerned about is that the games already in the BB store that were done with 4.5.x are impacted as well. Maybe this issue does not happen on real production device such as Z10, donno.. sometimes when I restart the device it works, sometime not..

4. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

This sounds like it might be similar to another crash issue that's being reported. I will get in touch with BlackBerry to see if they have any hints.

5. lloydsummers

lloydsummers

It sounds like the same issue as some models of the Z10 crashing (the dev alpha B is a Z10 prototype). If this is the same error I see, forcing it to use opengl2 fixed my builds... but sacrifices pro features. You can't force this in the new Unity without command lines now though.

6. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

The forcing of the GLES level is a shared setting. You could get around this by setting the GLES level in android player settings and it "should" carry over to blackberry. If you could submit a bug against this that would be great. This is not intended behavior... though neither is the gles 3 crashes...

7. lloydsummers

lloydsummers

http://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?704009_m5mcobtf63m617gs

Although I no longer have a Dev Alpha B so it would be fantastic if someone could verify if forcing GLES 2 fixes it

8. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Ah found it. In the "Other Settings" of the player settings for blackberry there's an "Automatic Graphics API" checkbox. If you uncheck that you can force GLES2 or 3.

9. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Did you managed to look further or Samsung still priority..
    A fix before BB 5.2 Support Ends :)