Search Unity

All files in a folder completely gone

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kondrup, Apr 20, 2015.

1. kondrup

kondrup

I tried renaming a texture folder in Unity 5 and it gave me an "error message" that it was not possible. Normally when I see this message I close all programs including Unity and then restart the program, normally after restarting I am allowed to rename the folder. But this time when i restarted Unity all my textures in that folder was just gone.. and they were also gone in windows and no trace of them in the recycle bin. I tried deleting the library and project files folder and rebuild the project but no luck.

Have anybody else experienced this? It seems crazy that Unity have just deleted an entire folder of textures, just like that.

These textures have cost me so painstakingly long time to create and I was hours away from uploading everything to the asset store.. very big long sigh. Not even sure I have the energy to recreate them.

Hope someone has an idea or hopefully a solution.

Edit: Using version 5.0.0 f4 and running Win7

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  2. randomperson42

randomperson42

Same exact thing.
    The warning message said the files were being used by an external process, so I hit cancel. So I didn't even end up renaming the folder, and everything is still gone.

3. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze

Can you get your last backed-up version and get that loaded? Best case you'll lose just your recent changes.

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

5. randomperson42

randomperson42

It was something relatively new, and I hadn't backed up in a while. I lost about a day's work - I was just setting stuff up - but I've been able to re-make a lot of it.

I'll try with a separate project when I get the chance.
    And I don't know how it works, but I did have project files open in PS and Blender at the time.