Search Unity

All AssetBundles show right-eye stereo offset?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CloudyVR, Nov 16, 2018.

1. CloudyVR

CloudyVR

I am in process of converting whole project to SteamVR 2.0.1.

When I instantiate an assetbundle it looks like the stereo separation for the new object is totally wrong.

The left eye looks correct, but the right eye shows object as offset and makes for harsh visuals.

I have also created a new simple cube asset bundle and it also looks separated when imported.

I made sure to update my assetbundle generator project to same version of SteamVR 2.0.1 so there is not discrepancy between the game and assetbundle generator project.

If I import an entire scene as assetbundle then the whole scene looks cross-eyed and I become disoriented immediately (drunk vision).

To fix I must click on the material dropdown for each Standard Material and select "Standard Material". Then like magic it's fixed.

But I must do this for every assetbundle and each material, something I never had to do it before.

Skyboxes and sprites are stuck and I cant fix them regardless.

[Update]

I isolated the issue. For some reason something (maybe me..) changed render mode to single pass, which I later noticed and setting back to multi pass resolved the issue.

Still, interesting how it only affected AssetBundles...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  2. CBHM

CBHM

@CloudyVR were you able to figure out the solution, I am having the same issue, I have tried Unity 2020.3.6f1 and Unity 2020.3.35f1, using OpenXR 1.4.2.
    the objects which are downloaded from the asset bundle only get rendered by the left eye, the right eye doesn't show the object. all the objects have standard shader, so they should be single-pass instanced unless I am missing something.

3. CBHM

CBHM

It was a mistake on my end, I was setting the stereo rendering path to "single-pass", instead of setting it to "Instancing".

CloudyVR likes this.