Search Unity

Alien invasion simulation game (no name yet) WIP

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Astero, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Astero

Astero

Hello world !

I am actually working on a little shooting game with aliens and spaceships :)

Here is the concept (pretty simple) :

Alien forces decide to invade Earth, of course, humans prepare to defend their planet !
    You are an alien pilot, so your objective is to destroy various ennemies (or buildings).

Game Features:

-You can destroy almost everything (humans, cars, houses, buildings)
    -Missions can be choosen separately (no order to complete but if you dies, you have to restart : no checkpoints or saves allowed)
    -Your ship and your weapons will be different to fit in every mission (harder mission, bigger ship)
    -Various environments to explore (mountains, desert, town, cities, etc)
    -This game will be free

Here is the first level (it's a demo) :

WEBPLAYER

(left click : shoot, hold right click : look around, r : reload canon, arrows : movements)

Actually, all the game mechanics are ready (I work on the design)

I will give more informations during the work in progress

I would like to have some feedback for this, also, if you have any mission or map ideas, tell me ! :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. TheCasual

TheCasual

First things first , it simply takes to long , way to long to load up in the web player. 5 minutes and still waiting , thought i would come back and post.

Will post what i think of actual game , once i get in :p

EDITED : after getting into game. Neat stuff , i like yer percussive effects , cool stuff. I see why it takes so long to load up, i would recommend setting up a menu , other things that allow a bit of loading in the background while the user is navigating. As is i almost didnt wait around to get in.

Cool though :p

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  3. Astero

Astero

thanks willc !

About the loading, I am sorry for this, I will try to solve it later (maybe it's the map size, too huge :p)
    And for the menu, yeah I have planed this :) (here it's just to show the game level, nothing else ;))

4. Marc S

Marc S

About the loading time, you should try the streaming option in the export menu.

Nice game, I like the starting point from a battleship and the fact that we car play the bad Aliens destroying the earth. But you need to work on the ergonomic because the controls make the game really hard.

5. Astero

Astero

Thanks for the feedback, you had the courage to wait the loading, much appreciated :) , yeah I will test for the streaming option thanks :)

6. Astero

Astero

I add some screenshots of the update :

- Main menu
    - 2 more levels
    - Pilot and Ground missions

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012