Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Alex Nova, The Asteroid Belters

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by CoreCoder, May 5, 2023.

1. CoreCoder

CoreCoder

Introduction & Summary
    Im a solo designer working on a 3D space game. Looking for a small team that would like to participate in the development. We would be trying to get some form of income such as Advert's, in game purchases and possibly even steam platform. This is not a paid up front collaboration. This is meant to gain learning and understanding as a game developer with the possibility to maybe earn some income from the finished product.

The game is in a 3D environment but on the X and Y plane. So there is no Z travel. Concept is that the player starts at a point, has to travel through the asteroid field, they cause damage if hit, and avoid enemies who will hunt if getting close. Find the exit point to escape to the next level. The idea is to keep the game going with multiple levels. Every X levels the player has to defeat a boss to be able to progress. The player can also go back to lower levels to try to upgrade his ship through buying items from the space stations.

Requirements
    You don't have to be a PRO coder, I am not although I do have good experience in C# but an ok understanding of Unity and development and a burning passion to learn. As long as you are interested in learning we can work together for the end goal.

What I Do
    Where am I at with the development process?
    1. Implemented the player ship with full movement, firing capabilities.
    2. Inventory system where player can pick up items.
    3. Enemy ships fly around with a state machine implemented including firing at player.
    4. Procedurally generated asteroids and instantiate space station for the player to interact with for trading and selling and possibly missions.
    5. Some speech for docking to station and implemented UI when docked.

What we will be working on
    1. Graphics for the environment
    2. More speech and sound effects and music
    3. Better UI representation including shop system etc.
    4. More game mechanics and implementing a mission system
    5. More particle effects etc.
    6. Upgrade player ship with shields, weapons, engines etc.
    7. Whatever ideas we come up with to implement

Experience
    I have ok experience of coding. Worked a lot with .net C/C++ and C# but mostly business software development.

Interests
    I love SciFi and RPG. I also like to code smaller simpler mobile platform games.

Compensation
    I was thinking that once we decide on how to implement income from the project we would all split the proceeds. If we have 4 total contributors we would all get 25% each of the proceeds. Maybe implement like advert's, in game purchase etc.

Contact
    You can get ahold of me on Discord : https://discord.gg/VdNus94h
    Email : Corerhce@gmail.com