Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Bug Alembic Stream Player crashes my game on a tester's computer

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by chaosmonger, Jan 21, 2021.

1. chaosmonger

chaosmonger

So, I've been testing my game (releasing next week), on about 40-50 machines, all without issues.
    But one of my testers, crashes when loading a scene which relies on an "Alembic Stream Player" animation.
    It was very weird because the game works perfectly in every other scene (my game has 100+ scenes), except that one (which is towards the end). Which is the only one that relies on Alembic Stream Player. So I made a test removing it and sending him a beta build, and, in fact, without it, my tester was able to load the scene...
    Therefore, for some reasons, on his machine, Alembic Stream Player is causing a crash.
    This is his crash-log screenshot (sorry for the bad quality, he sent it to me that way):
    CrashLog.jpg

Player.log reported no bugs (nothing missing from the console, etc.).

So my questions are:
    - Why is this happening on his end? (p.s. he has the latest GPU drivers, updated DirectX and updated Visual C++)
    - How can he solve it on his end?
    - How can I solve it on my end? (without giving up Alembic Stream Player)

NOTE:
    I'm building with Unity 2020.1.15f1
    This is the inspector of the Alembic Stream Player:
    ASP.jpg
    Thank you very much for your help.

2. chaosmonger

chaosmonger

Nobody...?

3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

4. chaosmonger

chaosmonger

Thanks Kurt... how can I move the thread? Only a mod can do that?

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I believe so. You could try reporting your own thread and asking for it to be moved.