Search Unity

alembic files and overlapping meshes

Discussion in 'Animation' started by daidokoro, Dec 6, 2017.

1. daidokoro

daidokoro

Hi
    I have imported two animated meshes as alembic with the alembic importer. One is the character mesh with a walk and the second is a animated cloth from marvelous designer. Everything is fine until i will hit play and got some issues with my character skin showing over the cloth. I have the same export settings and alembic playback settings in unity so i'm confused... Any idea please ?

Then all good in marvelous designer...

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Looks to me they're out of sync. I am not familiar with your workflows or alembic but initial thoughts would be around seeing if both animations have the same framerate and are in sync. It looks like they're out of sync.

Even when you solve this, likely you'll want to use amplify shader editor or edit shaders so that the cloth shader's Offset is sufficiently pushed forward (takes priority). I'd have suggested this first but it does look to me it's possible your animations are out of sync as well.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I agree with hippo. If this doesn't pan out to be the solution - pushing the cloth further away from the skinned mesh has to be part of the solution.

4. daidokoro

daidokoro

Ok i have checked and both cloth and character have the same fps and keys and are in sync with no proble both in md and maya. How can i push the cloth from the skinned mesh as it is not done in unity and both assets are alembic imported files

5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

It is done in the cloth authoring package, or maybe Maya if that is where the settings for the cloth are completed.
    I only know 3D Max for this workflow so I can't help on which buttons to click, but they usually have a similar 'push' modifier that pushes the cloth farther away from the surface of the skin so the physics do not 'error' when the cloth and skin are activated/authored.