Search Unity

Alembic Culling Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gigglebooster, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Gigglebooster

Gigglebooster

Hi. I'm having an issue with alembic playback in Unity, has anyone else had this issue? My alembic animation works fine, but as soon as I move the Time parameter on the Alembic Stream Player component to play the animation it enables some sort of culling option for the object, the object will disappear once it's viewed from certain angles after this even if I stop adjusting the Time parameter. You can see in the video the object will not disappear at first when I moved my head, but after I adjust the Time parameter it will start disappearing from certain angles even when stop adjusting this. I'm assuming the alembic player is enabling some sort of culling option but I can't find settings for this anywhere.

2. Gigglebooster

Gigglebooster

I seemed to have found a workaround if anyone else is running into this issue. In this video I was only animating the point color in my alembic file. I added a slight transformation animation to the animation and now it works correctly. It seems like if you don't have a transform animation in your animation it will do some weird culling. In my transform animation I just rotated very slightly to where it wasn't noticeable.