Search Unity

Alembic animation to WebGL

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by anamate23, May 29, 2020.

1. anamate23

anamate23

Hi there,
    I am testing out exporting an alembic animation from Cinema 4d and triggering it with keyboard press in Unity. This all works fine. As soon as I try to build it for WebGL it does not export the animation just the rest of the static scene, there are no compiler errors as it builds and I can upload it fine to itch or Simmer. I've tried using Cineware in Unity 2019.3 which imports the file without the animation unfortunately. I also tried using joints in cinema to animate the opening umbrella that i have but it does not import into Unity.
    FBX won't export out either. I don't fancy using a £134 asset to import point level animation "Mega-Fiers" either. If the webGL would show the alembic animation then it would be fine. Does anyone know why the alembic animation would not appear once built?

2. vladala

vladala

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Sorry to hear of your troubles.
    The only build targets supported by alembic are Window/OSX/Linux 64bit.

3. anamate23

anamate23

Hi,
    thanks for the response. I managed to get it working by exporting the fbx from Maya instead of Cinema. I exported out the joint animation from Maya and it worked in unity so no need for the alembic. It works in WebGL.
    A

4. Bussuf

Bussuf

Is that ever going to be changed or update to include WebGL builds?

5. vladala

vladala

Unity Technologies

There are no plans for that currently.