Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets 【Akira's Art】Work-In-Progress Mega Discussion

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by AkiraWong89, Jan 20, 2016.

?

How much do you think each of these packages worth?

1. $10+

2. $20+

3. $30+

4. $40+

5. $50+

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

【About
    HOUKAI (Japanese: ほうかい / Chinese: 方界) series is an easy-to-use 3D cubic environment art that follows grid size to form an unique scene which is perfect for most top-down game genres such as RPG, RTS, SLG, PUZ, SIM, TD and so on.

♦ Unique Features ♦
    High poly baked details.
    2K textures for each props.
    1x1x1 easy grid system.

♦ Official Websites ♦
    Asset Store
    - https://bit.ly/2PXmQKs
    Discord - https://discord.gg/s6B5dFg
    Twitter - https://twitter.com/AkiraWong89

♦ Art Packages ♦
    All HOUKAI art packs are now working in progress, this will takes some time since this is a big project. The first 7 HOUKAI updates will release at the same time once it's completed. Please visit Twitter for more information.

♦ Schedule ♦
    October 31 - HOUKAI Library (✔ DONE
    November 7 - HOUKAI Snow (✔ DONE
    November 14 - HOUKAI Fire (Work in Progress
    November 21 - HOUKAI Xmas (Pending
    November 28 - HOUKAI Retro (Pending
    December 5 - HOUKAI Poly (Pending
    December 12 - HOUKAI Room (Pending
    December 31 - HOUKAI City (Pending
    January 7 - Brand new art pack (Pending

Thanks for supporting
    Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    jbb1979 likes this.
  2. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

Free Giveaway: Dot World
    (English)

Dot World is a huge 3D voxel environment art package that allow users to craft a voxel fantasy open world with various sets of modular pieces. I planned to give out 2 copy of this package for reaching 150+ followers in my Twitter. Thanks for following and supporting me. Really appreciated. The requirement is simple. Just answer the question in the image according to your experiences and karma sense. Yes. Please answer as tris count. You can answer here or in my Twitter (Better) on the pinned tweet. Answer valid until the last second on 28 August 2016. (GMT+8)

Hints: 1 cube = 12 tris. All hidden faces are removed.
    The 2 closest answers will get this package. Good luck~!!;)

(Traditional Chinese)
    點點世界為特製的三維像素風格場景藝術包,用戶可將各種模塊組合成多姿多采的體素世界。由於推特成功達到150粉絲,為了感謝大家本人打算送出兩份優惠卷。玩法很簡單,請根據您的直覺回答圖片中的問題,答案以三角面數計算。您可於此或本人推特上回答,截止日期為8月28日2016年。(格林威治標準時間+8)

提示:1方塊=12三角面,全隱藏面已刪除。
    最靠近答案的兩位用戶將獲得點點世界藝術包,祝你們好運。;)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  3. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

785tris (probably way off, I'm bad at guessing).

It looks like a really cool package, nice work on it! :)

4. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

Thanks. @RavenOfCode Ya. Worked quite hard (Tired too) on it since just me to solo all.:p
    Your answer is recorded in my list. Interesting. Let's see what others will answer.
    Sometimes I feel a bit "cold" on here. So far only you took the question. Yeah. No joke. I wonder why.
    Time zone? My English? (I'm learning hard on it since it's not my main language. Sorry ya.):(
    Hmm. Anyway. Until the end of valid date. If still only you answered. Then you 100% win. Haha.:D

RavenOfCode likes this.
  5. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

I feel like the WIP section gets a lot less attention than the General or Game Design sections, so I would suggest posting there too. Anything put on there (if its at least somewhat readable) will turn into a interesting discussion with lots of replies and some really useful advice. :)

6. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

@RavenOfCode
    Ya. I might try on my Asset Store category thread there too. Almost forget about that.:p
    Meanwhile new modular art package - Urban City is now on the Asset Store. Yeah.:cool:
    I plan to do cross marketing strategy on this city package to help advertising other stuffs for free.
    You can inform me if you have anything to advertise and I will create an ads banner for you then.
    So users who buy this package are able to use the models and see those ads at the same time.
    Because leaving those ads boards empty feel a bit wasted so I have this idea on.
    Later on users can change to their own ads in their game as they like.:)

RavenOfCode likes this.
  7. Kiesel

Kiesel

Hi,

nice package, I really like the style!
    I guess there are around 1200 Tris in total, but I colud be way off ;)!

8. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

@Kiesel
    Thanks for your answer. I'm glad you like it. Haha. Sometimes it's hard to say.:cool:
    2 days left. Anyone else? Just guess a tris count and you might get the Dot World for free.:)

9. Shiro_Rin

Shiro_Rin

I want to guess 850. I've never been good at the guessing game though.
    Now that I've answered, your work looks really cool !

10. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

@Awesomeausti316
    Recorded. Thanks for answering. I'm glad you like the art. I will try my best to make more.
    Actually the answer can be closely calculated. Just talk about some math skill.:D

11. Shiro_Rin

Shiro_Rin

After counting I wanna change my answer to 1423

12. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

Okay. Time's up. The answer is 632 tris + 456 tris + 830 tris = 1918 tris.
    The closest 2 answers are @Kiesel 1200 tris and @Awesomeausti316 1423 tris.
    Congratulation~!! Please provide me your e-mail and I will sent you the voucher code.;)

13. Kiesel

Kiesel

@AkiraWong89,

glad to hear that I won, even if I guessed wrong by nearly 40 percent ;)

My E-Mail Adress is tcrap@web.de

Kind regards
    Kiesel

14. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

@Kiesel
    Ya. The fact is not much people participate on this event.
    I made announcement on Twitter and the main Asset Store post.
    If you answer randomly you still got a chance to win but just... Ya... Not sure why.
    Anyway I had already sent the voucher code to your e-mail address. Please check.;)

15. Shiro_Rin

Shiro_Rin

16. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

@Awesomeausti316
    The voucher code had been sent. Please check your e-mail.
    Thanks for participating and good luck on your project.;)

Shiro_Rin likes this.
  17. Shiro_Rin

Shiro_Rin

I got it, I haven't started the project that's gonna use it as I'm still planning it, but I'm looking forward to it :)

18. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

New Year Promotion is now started on the Asset Store with 57%~60% off on all art packs.
    It's not official but I do it manually. Grab it now with low price for your next year game projects.
    Here I wish everyone have a healthy, fantastic, amazing, marvelous and epic rooster year.;)

RavenOfCode likes this.
  19. Billy4184

Billy4184

Your work looks fantastic.

20. TrentSterling

TrentSterling

Lookin forward to some oven action!

21. IO-Fox

IO-Fox

I love the art direction. Reminds me of retro environments, but with a remastered twist.

Dot World should be renamed to Pixel World because it just seems to be better for product recognition purposes.
    For example, if I go to the asset store and search for pixel-centric environments, dot isn't really a term I may use in the query.

22. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

@Tayer The naming idea Dot World is actually comes from a PS3 game called 3D Dot Game Heroes as image below. I may call it Voxel World instead as pixel is 2D and voxel means 3D pixel. Just I don't know the term - Voxel while I'm creating this package hence named it Dot World. In additional, the Asset Store option has a tag function for each packages. It's a new feature introduced around half years ago. I can add other keywords to let people more easier to find. Maybe I will check that column again. Thanks for your great marketing recommendation. Appreciated.;)

IO-Fox likes this.
  23. eaque

eaque

The result deserved the time spent! I think it's very nice with good texturing!
    Don't think you are slow!!

and the city looks great too!
    :)

24. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

@eaque
    Sometimes I will think if I'm doing something incorrectly when spent too much time on some specific matters but now I'm clear with your message. Thanks for encouragement.;)

eaque likes this.
  25. qibu111

qibu111

26. rcornwall

rcornwall

27. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

@rcornwall
    Quite cool. Didn't expected my city pack can be use in this way.
    Maybe add some physics to let the building falls when crashed and slowly fading it off?
    Just a suggestion. Keep it up.;)

28. game_apps

game_apps

29. game_apps

game_apps

30. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

31. game_apps

game_apps

Great, gonna buy this today

32. game_apps

game_apps

do you do some freelance work too ?
    We can connect somewhere if you do.

33. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

Currently nope, being busy handling own game company stuffs.
    Even I barely have time to make new assets but only doing maintenance and supports.
    However if you have questions for any art packs, feel free to drop messages here.;)

game_apps likes this.
  34. bromske

bromske

I like your x-mas toon hd theme, i think i will buy it. the only thing i miss is a funny colorful light string ;)

35. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

Oh ya, totally forgot about that, no wonder I feel a little bit empty too.
    Will add this on next free upgrade, thanks for the info.:)

36. johny256

johny256

Hi! Asset my city real object 3d?
    Can you enter the building?

37. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

Nope, all buildings are exterior only which perfect for Sim City kind of games.
    Thanks for your asking, now I have a new direction for this pack. Cheers.;)

38. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

HOUKAI Library (Work in Progress)
    Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/AkiraWong89

(English)
    Last month was my 4th anniversary in Asset Store. Unity changed quite a lots from inside out during these years, there's bad and good moves but anyway, thanks Unity for providing such convenience platform. So far so good for me as a publisher, the sales is not good but not too bad. I just do it as side income, more importantly, to help indie game developers out there.

I always craving for creative and unique fantasy 3D environment ideas which is easy to use, never follow trends, hence HOUKAI series is here. The JRPG series where you can find on Asset Store now is good too, but I think it's too simple and scattered, which might make the environment creation harder. Hence, I assume all art packs will be replaced by HOUKAI series at the end of 2019 and no longer supports previous art styles. For users who had purchased JRPG series, the HOUKAI series update is free for all packs. So you will have 2 different art styles collection at the same time. For new users who purchase after the HOUKAI series is released, you will get only the HOUKAI series collection where the old JRPG series will be deprecated, hereby informed.

HOUKAI series is a cubic tile-able fantasy 3D environment assets. Everything is within 1 meter size, and combine together to form creative environment, limited to your imagination. All props contain high poly baked details with at least 2K texture sets. The texture atlasing here is separated by group of objects variations. For example 6 variations of boxes, 4 variations of tables, 6 variations of ground floors and so on. I'm not atlasing too much on each props to maintain their texture quality and also due to there's plugins where user can combine meshes and textures as they like to make optimized texture atlas, more efficient.

For more work in progress details, please visit Twitter page and follow if you like my works to see more creative HOUKAI series environment. I mainly use my native language (Chinese) on Twitter for more accurate narrative writings due to knowing that Twitter has auto translation function, which it should be not a problem. You can talk to me in English / Chinese / Japanese (Still learning).;)

(Traditional Chinese)
    上個月是本人在UNITY商店的4周年紀念。這幾年來UNITY改變了許多,有好的也有不好的變動,但無論如何都要感謝UNITY提供這便捷的平台。目前為止,這些作品的銷量不高也不差,只是作為額外收入,更重要的是能夠幫助到獨立遊戲開發們。

我常尋找簡而有力、獨特有創意的場景概念,從不跟趨勢,「方界」系列因此誕生。我覺得現在在商店能找到的JRPG系列過於簡單及散亂,可能造成場景建造的困難,因此預定在年尾之前「方界」系列將取代現有的JRPG系列且並不再更新之前的藝術方向。若您已購買了這些場景包,在「方界」系列發佈後您將可以免費升級並同時擁有兩種場景。若您是新用戶,在「方界」系列推出後購買的話您就只能獲得「方界」系列的場景而已,舊的場景將全部棄用,特此通知。

「方界」系列是一項以方塊大小為單位的可自訂無縫連接3D藝術場景。全模型都為1米大之內,並合成各種獨特有創意的場景,就看您的想像力有多豐富而已。低模的細節都來自於高模烘培,並附有至少2K高質量貼圖。貼圖集是依據物品的種類變化而分類,例如:6種箱子、4種桌子、6種地板等。我沒過份莉用貼圖集是為了保持特定的貼圖質量,以及得知有一些插件能夠根據自己喜歡的模型並生成特定貼圖集,大大提升效率,非常管用。

若想知道更多關於目前的進度,請瀏覽本人的官方推特。若您喜歡本人的作品,可以跟隨我一起看看更多有創意的「方界」系列場景。在推特,為了更準確的表達,我主要是用我的母語(中文)來留言,因我知道推特有自動翻譯功能,所以應該不是問題。您可以用英文、中文或日文(努力學習中)與本人交談。;)

Acissathar likes this.
  39. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

HOUKAI Library (Work in Progress)
    Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/AkiraWong89

(English)
    Everything is going so far so good. Please visit Twitter for more detailed work in progress.:)

(Traditional Chinese)
    目前一切運作如常,若想看更細節的製作過程請到本人推特。:)