Search Unity

Akeystu animation tool is going FREE . [ Nukeygara ]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by profuzzy, Apr 21, 2022.

1. profuzzy

profuzzy

2. Amon

Amon

Cool news but this means, unless it goes open source with a non restrictive licence, that it may be the end for Akeytsu. I speak from experience. This usually means the product will just die eventually.

MasterSubby and MadeFromPolygons like this.
  3. ACharrier

ACharrier

Hi guys,
    Can't give more details for the moment but the idea is not Akeytsu's death ;-).
    So yes, it's a pretty good news. It will allow to (far) more people to discover and play with it.

By the way, Akeytsu is handling a lot of things now (retargeting, spaceswitch, autorig, etc.) so i think it can interest a lot of people.
    This great fan game trailer offers a pretty good idea of the software current capacities. All rigs and animations were made with Akeytsu (incuding camera animations and ships explosions).

4. Amon

Amon

Only the trial is available. When will it go free?

5. kdgalla

kdgalla

So I don't know what this actually means, but this sentence is at the bottom of the announcement:

Amon likes this.
  6. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

i tried it awhile back.

The gist is supposed to be that it is more streamlined and ergonomic than the big competitors, but to me it just looked like less features and wonky controls without immediately obvious benefit.

7. ACharrier

ACharrier

Profuzzy, what about moving this thread into the Animation forum ? Thx

8. Digital_Cyan

Digital_Cyan

Hi ,what about news of Akeytsu successor in 2023? the best animation software i find for my video game purpose.

9. sxa

sxa

The best? Probably Maya, possibly in conjunction with Houdini doing some heavy lifting on automated processes and simulation. That's what you'll probably find is used in the big film/TV/game studios. Plus a lot of mocap.

But if you're not an animator yourself, you probably wont get 'the best' out of any application, Im afraid, even something AI-based like Cascadeur, so whatever free version of Akeytsu is still out there will probably be more than sufficient.

Digital_Cyan and DragonCoder like this.