Search Unity

AK 74 Pack in AssetsStore

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WebWolfRussian, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

Deleted

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  2. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

3. Gaspedal

Gaspedal

looks great !! thanks !!

4. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

del

5. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

update... some screenshots :)

6. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

7. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

Now it only 10$

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  8. PolyMad

PolyMad

But isn't it the AK-47 ?

9. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

10. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

I call it AK 47 in AssetStore :)

11. UnityFollower

UnityFollower

Good decision for iphone and ipad. I have bought it and I am amazed at this work

12. PizzaGuy213

PizzaGuy213

For the next one, can I suggest the AA-12

13. HALF

HALF

14. Energy

Energy

HALF, textures for the AK74 was not stolen. This texture is not out of the stalker, and were created for fashion and laid out the creator of the Internet for free.

15. WooSpringBreak

WooSpringBreak

theft is theft is theft

16. phex

phex

The texture was made as a reskin for the AK74 model from Stalker. This means that it fits exactly on that model. And please dont tell me he made a model that fits the texture !!

If you take a look in the "terms of service" on gamebanana.com, you will find something about:

Unauthorized copying, modification, distribution, public display, or public performance of a
    copyrighted work is an infringement of the copyright holder's rights

If you can download something for free on the internet doesnt mean you can do what you
    want is it, especially not selling it.

Its a shame that the other thread was completely deleted !

17. HALF

HALF

Give it up Webwolfrussian - we all know Energy is an alias of you or is he the mysterious(opps i mean fictional) "other guy" who gave you his models/textures and said yeah go ahead sell them -like you tried to claim in the other thread.

In the AKpack The model was stolen from the commercial game STALKER (clear skies) and the textures stolen from the modding community. The textures are only intended for use within stalker and would also be classed as derivative work and would be covered by terms in the original copyright owned by GSC Game World. Even in this thread some one says "very good work" and you reply just thanks rather than actually none of it is my work so you should thank GSC Game World.

Anyhow its a mute point now as it seems unity have deleted all your assets from the asset store. But with all your alias in this forum 5+ differant people are actually "Webwolfrussian" it will be hard to weed you out completley. But be warned true developers/artists who work hard will not stand for this type of stuff and will be watching.

18. ivanzu

ivanzu

Confused????So he sold someone elses models and textures that he managed to export from STALKER so how i can know that his past work isnt stolen?

19. phex

phex

You can not. If you bought some of his assets you better order your money back
    and DO NOT use them for anything.

In the deleted Thread he stated that he "dont know how to texture" as a poor excuse
    of using community made textures. This says all, didnt it ?

20. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

Do not worry about it. I am preparing a message in support of the proof that the other models are not stolen. Soon all the will restore.
    The whole problem was only with this texture.

21. ivanzu

ivanzu

So if he cant texture,then how did he textured his old works like tanks ?
    And he cant use the textures from STALKER when they dont have same UV coordinates.So the model is stolen .

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  22. phex

phex

just wait he will find some explanation for it, im sure.

23. HALF

HALF

Actually in the other thread now deleted he was firstly advertising his FPS shooter pack as comming soon to the asset store which blatently contained Army of Two assets.When he was called out he tried to deny it then deleted all his posts and said it was not going to be for sale. This called into question all his previous work which showed no constant art stlye and varried wildly in quality which to me went to prove something was not right and they were not done by the same artist. After a little research my suspicions were confirmed and this AK pack was proved to be stolen(models/textures) from STALKER.

All his models from the assert store have now been removed - I suspect his other assets may be not entirely legit and are probably from dubious sources(altough alot of his other assets were rubbish and certanly not from any professional artist-barrels pack for example).

I personally would centernaly advise not to purchase or use any asset obtained from Webwolfrussion because its origin and legitimacy has to be in question now and its just not worth the risk.

24. phex

phex

25. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/756...y-vehicle-pack
    Tanks - This is a designer friend of mine. package we are irrigating with this man doing a commercial project.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/792...in-AssetsStore
    This guy is 13 years. I removed the package because too many polygons. (Not sold)
    AK74 as a novice designer. I helped him to earn extra money. (Not sold)
    3 people. I'm not one of these models did not.
    Ak pack will be impeccably renovated it with one AK 74.
    Enough already talking nonsense. I'll write a message in support of and everything will be proved.

26. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

About 3d shooter.
    I was going to sell scripts .. this was told back in 2010.
    Look http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/46912-Third-person-shooter- (WolfGames)
    Phex, HALF More questions?

27. phex

phex

If had bet on it i´ll be the winner now. It was the "other guys" again *laugh*

So all of your Assets were made by other people ?
    You want to help them make some money ?
    Cant they sell their stuff on their own ?

I cant believe what i read here !

28. HALF

HALF

So altough previously you were claiming all this work as yours(Unity will have a backup of the posts you claimed this in) you are now claiming none of it is becuase you have been caught.

If you are contacting support be sure to include your inide pro serial/license number because screenshots here:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/46912-Third-person-shooter-(WolfGames)

uses rendertextures which requires a pro license.

And just to let you know EA would never let any of there models be used in another engine which you are showing publically in that thread.(even if you dont intend to sell it anymore even showing it like you have is prohibited).

If you wanted quality models in that demo well then BUY SOME if you wanted placeholders then use some where the artist/owner gives his permission.

29. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

hey are not working with unity3d. only 3d max.

30. phex

phex

You wrote: "if I find 3d designer, I will be create commercial project."

So you are no 3D Artist and cant do modeling or texturing, right ?

Than expalin this:
    And in one of the other Threads, I cant find it right now, maybe HALF can look up for that.
    you wrote that all models were made by you.

31. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

This is not EA. This modification for CS source. Can be used for non-commercial use.

32. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

Incidentally, this model is not stolen. Why should I explain all in a row that the model was doing my friend? I wrote a short without extra information.

33. HALF

HALF

The character models are fom army of two and the animations are apperantly from CS-source -but i guess you steal so much you forget were you stole them from.

And just to restate
    EDIT just notice you also beleave that assets from CS-source can be used for non-commercial use (I have no idea where you got that impression from) and want to make sure every one understands that those assets belong to VALVE. Who allow them to be used within the source engine by CS-source modders(as this brings in money to them by people buying their games and also extends the shelf life of there games). They certanly would never allow them to be used in any other engine weather you are charging or not.

So if you made a FPS using ripped models/assets from counterstrike or any other source engine game in Unity and said well i am not charging so its ok. Well its not and Valve would shut you down quick smart and possibly take further legal action.

34. phex

phex

hopefully some of the unity staff is reading this and they dont delete the whole thread again.

35. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

I bear the responsibility. This is my problem not yours.
    For texture, I apologized and everything will be fixed. Such errors, I would not be repeated.
    Locked it will be for me a lesson.

36. HALF

HALF

I am sure UNITY had its reason for deleting that thread and the fact all WebwolfRussiana assets have been removed from the asset store means they are doing something behind closed doors.
    So i guess its time to let UNITY do there job and handle this but i certanley would expect that webwolf wont be around here for much longer and wont be putting any other assets up for sale in the future.

Unity will probably put a general statement out on the issue of asset stealing - hopefully also including their stand on any stolen material(ripped models) used even as socalled placeholders in demos or screenshots shown in unitys forums.

37. phex

phex

Wow, except the AK47 all other packs are up in the asset store again.
    Seems like Webwolf have proven his ownership on this assets.

No one cares about whats going on here a few days ago ?

38. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

Very soon, and AK 47 return :)
    anti-PR is also a PR ...
    Thank you for bringing such a large Number of buyers to my package:)

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  39. phex

phex

As you dont be a 3D modeler you can never be sure the content you sale is legal.
    But as i see this doesnt´t matter for anyone.

Keep on your good work !!

40. Acumen

Acumen

I can't believe this is happening o_O
    This screams bollocks all over to me.
    Not to mention the attitude he's bringing to the table. I can't believe how that guy is allowed to put anything up on the stores ever again.

41. WebWolfRussian

WebWolfRussian

Thank you. Do not worry. Now I'll be more carefully checked. This small error will not happen again.

Everything will be fine ..
    Russian do not give up ;) ha ha

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  42. phex

phex

no more to say, making some money seems to be the more important thing.

43. HALF

HALF

If his assets are back up well thats complete bollocks and a very dark day for unity asset store. Does the asset store not employ anyone who knows about 3d asset creation (If his assets are back up they obviously dont). Where is the official line on this! or is it one of those things they dont really want to talk or know about and rather sweep it under the carpet.

The fact remains Webwolfrussian is a thief and a liar and under no circumstances should he be allowed to ever rip off indies through the assert store again.

If UNITY want me to explain why it is fact that webwolfrussian was selling stolen assets - models and textures then feel free to contact me altough everyone else seems to get it.

There should be a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on this type of stuff you get caught once and you lose all asset store privalage so that UNITY can 100% protect those buying goods from it(This should be there number one concern). And if saying some bloke gave it to me to sell for him and i just wanted to help him out somehow fooled unity asset store staff that is just very sad and unfortunatley sets a precident for this kinda stuff harming genuine artists and potential asset store customers.

And i think Unity Asset store will find that genuine developer/artists will now be outraged if webwolfrussian is allowed to continue selling anything via themselfs.

I have all the the threads cached even the ones deleted and it may be time to upload these to the wider artist communitys and let then decide on what they think.

And his Triumphant attitutude that he has basically got away with it and suggests he will continue to do it just stinks.

However be sure to register youre disgust on the apparent softley softley approch of the assert store to selling ripped/stolen work(Tell your friends and collegues to register there disgust too). As it seems if you get caught selling stolen work then you will be allowed to continue trading!

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  44. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

wow...this makes me sad :( really

45. webwolfrus

webwolfrus

HALF stop twaddle. Nothing was stolen and I proved it.
    You are just deceiving people, and insulting me.
    You had nothing to do?
    Would be better, if you do something to do than insult other people's works.
    If you stop insulting people and talking nonsense, you can get banned

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  46. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

This thread serves no purpose anymore. HALF, I suggest you contact Unity Tech. directly if you have prove of your claims.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.