Search Unity

AiScriptsPackage released

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by a1s2d3f4, Jun 5, 2011.

1. a1s2d3f4

a1s2d3f4

The AiScriptsPackage is now on the Asset Store in the scripting packages section. This package contains three "shooter" AI scripts which you can use for your game. The AI's included are: an "AssaultAi (scripts + prefab)" which has the ability to find its way through any sort of path/maze and will attack (shoot) the player once it has found the player. Then there is a "RusherAi (scripts + prefab)", when you get within the desired distance of this AI it will activate and start running at the player, then once it gets within another set distance of the player, it will stop running and attack (shoot) the player. The third AI is the most versatile of the three, it is a SniperAi (scripts + prefab) and can be used for various things. It can be used for enemy snipers, turrets, or a stationary version of a rusher AI. It works like this, once you get within a certain distance of the AI, and if it can see you (if your not hiding behind a wall or something) it will shoot at you. Here are some helpful tips to make these work to the fullest: I recommend using the rusher AI's in open areas (an empty street, a big room, outside, etc). Also if you are placing an AI on uneven ground like a uneven terrain, or a stair case, it would be best to use the stationary AI. Also, each AI type (except the SniperAi), comes with a script for animations and is ready to go if you have animations for your character, and if you don't there are easy instructions on how to adapt them to not having animations (the instructions are easy to understand even if you don't know a lot about scripting). If used right, these AI's will give you just the right amount of difficulty you want for your game. I am currently using these AI's in a game i'm making and it really feels like I have good control over the difficulty of the game. Enjoy :)

2. kiranmaya

kiranmaya

can u show any webplayer demo for this?

3. 2dfxman

2dfxman

Doesn't really sound like a good AI if all it does is shoot. An AI should attack, defend, take cover, jump over stuff and such.
    Also what pathfinding system does it use? How does it navigate through "any maze"?
    Needs a lot more info

4. a1s2d3f4

a1s2d3f4

sorry about taking so long to reply to what you said, the AssaultAi's in particular do the most, like i said in the original post, i have used these in a game i'm making and they react to certain things in the level, such as if they are getting shot at, they will sometimes turn the other way and try to run in another direction, and sometimes they stay and try to kill you, depending on where you place them they will walk into other rooms, or behind things or if you run around a corner, they might come after you. The path-finding system they use does not use waypoints or anything like that, its just a simple raycast, if it sees say a wall, and its not to close to it, it will turn like 5-15 degrees to either the left or right depending on the angle in which its facing the wall, but if it does come close to a wall it will turn like 90-180 degrees to try to avoid a collision with the wall. So if it comes to a corner with the path it came from and a corridor to the left it will either go back the way it came or turn left because even if for some reason it does turn to the right, it will realize there is a wall there and turn around. But you did get me since these cannot jump over stuff, I will admit these are not the most advanced AI's possible but I think they are still good.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011