Search Unity

Aircraft Kit 2.0

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by CallToAdventure, Aug 28, 2012.

1. CallToAdventure

CallToAdventure

I've been on and off this project and now its nearing completion. A few words before the nice image;

The control remains casual; meaning that it won't act like a simulator. Take off and fly freely. Besides the awesome new Mustang model and an yet to be disclosed jetfighter, the project now has support for taxi mode. This is physics based - wheel colliders, suspensions, the work - just like a car. Another addition is smooth flight controls animations, gear support (yep, you can pull up the gear and land on the plane belly or on wheels).

Here's the link to the Mustang model rendered in Unity.

2. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Good looking model! I am just wondering how many poly/triangles it has?
    Also, just a suggestion - when you are making demo of your model for web - Unity web player defaults right mouse button to be pop-up option button, which you also happen to use for camera rotation. This conflict makes it very unpleasant as you try to rotate the camera while the option continue to pop-up.

3. CallToAdventure

CallToAdventure

Fixed. Now you can navigate with the keyboard only. The model is 5552 polys, iPads handle it really well (you might want to hold on the reflective shader for iPad gen 1 and 2). I have a rough GUI control in place for mobile, waiting for the new GUI to roll out a completly revamped interface for the kit.

4. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

You can kill that right-click pop-up for full screen in the HTML code of the webplayer. Anywho, that P51 model is looking sharp! I love these old WWII planes...would love to see an old B-24.

5. chilton

chilton

Airship, if that is your real name, do you have a demo of the kit itself? I'm in the market for a good third person airplane flight control system.

6. Lempereur1

Lempereur1

Airship:

Do you plan to upgrade this kit to the Unity 4 mecha standards? i.e. rigged models, seperated animations, etc.

Thanks

Lempereur1