Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

AIPlanner - why does IPlanExecutor.Act take DecisionController instead of IDecisionController

Discussion in 'AI & Navigation Previews' started by tertle, Feb 16, 2020.

1. tertle

tertle

Pretty much the title. Why does IPlanExecutor.Act take DecisionController instead of IDecisionController?

Was looking at implemented my own IDecisionController that doesn't rely on GameObjects.

2. TrevorUnity

TrevorUnity

Unity Technologies

It's an API oversight. The generated code in the plan executor uses methods on the DecisionController that are not part of IDecisionController. I'll add a task to have this resolved in the next release.

Are you attempting a DOTS implementation? Something else? Perhaps we can help you find a workaround for the time being, if you can tell us more about your use case.

3. tertle

tertle

I don't really need a workaround at the moment, I'm holding out for DOTS implementation at some point future.

For now I was just trying to learn and get a good understanding of package to see if it'll be a viable solution for us in the future and was writing a unit test and mocking some data and ran into this oversight.

4. TrevorUnity

TrevorUnity

Unity Technologies

Fair enough. Let us know if you have further questions. We're here to help.