Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AI Warrior[Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kurotatsu, Dec 22, 2016.

?

What version of Unity are you using?

1. Unity 5.5 or higher

55 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. Unity 5.4

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Has this project been abandoned? I've noticed there are a bunch of items in the script that are not documented at all.

2. Aceego

Aceego

3. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

He mentioned "this week" its been 6 months and not so much as a peep! I wish I would have known all this before I spent 60$. Well, I'll post some questions here and hopefully, someone may know the answers.

4. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

I'm having a problem with ranged attacks in which the archer needs to be real close to the target before it begins firing. I've tried changing a bunch of settings but I can't figure out how to modify its firing range.

5. magique

magique

I found through using this asset that it is not yet ready for prime time. It has too many issues and is not designed for pooling AI instances. I don't know if the author will come back at some point, but I've abandoned this and am going back to Emerald AI, which is now going into 2.0 beta with all the fixes and features that I've been requesting.

6. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

I'll have to check out Emerald AI, I had high hopes for this one, but as you said, it has been abandoned.

7. pierrenayagam

pierrenayagam

this system's UI and logical approach to the AI's actions is very well thought out ,unfortunately , this plugin is little more then a demo but for 50 bucks , one cant complain. as a test , i am currently using scripts to disable/enable this AI during runtime so we can have detailed animation such as climbing, jumping , actions , as well precise attacks/response but we're just hacking . for bucks more, to include animation controlled behavior .

8. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

The Creation Wizard seems broken in Unity2017. Gives the following error:
    Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/Ai_Warrior_kuro/CreatedEnemyPrefabs/SpiderBoss AI Warrior Enemy/SpiderBoss AI Warrior Enemy.controller). Local file identifier (1102474761879053670) doesn't exist!
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:CopyAsset(String, String)
    AI_WarriorWizard:OnWizardCreate() (at Assets/Ai_Warrior_kuro/Editor/AI_WarriorWizard.cs:131)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Thankfully just ignoring the error seems to work fine.

9. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

I know how you feel but as you say, for the money you're getting an awful lot of decent functionality. Personally I picked it up in a sale and would say it's an absolute bargain and a great learning tool. Yes it's buggy in parts and yes you do need to hack away at the code to make it do what you want but the benefit of the lack of updates is that you're not likely to ever need to overwrite your own modifications. It's a great base to start from.

10. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Excuse me can I make these A.I warriors get into and out of vehicles and can I make them walk on any surface? especially a sphere?

11. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

This project has been abandoned do not buy this asset

12. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

13. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Would agree, don't buy it if you're expecting support or updates, but if you're happy to get your hands dirty then there's a lot there to like. Not getting in and out of cars though :)

14. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK and I really wanted to get in and out of HoverTanks

15. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

julianr and magique like this.