Search Unity

AI Warrior[Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kurotatsu, Dec 22, 2016.

?

What version of Unity are you using?

1. Unity 5.5 or higher

55 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. Unity 5.4

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. ISH_the_Creator

ISH_the_Creator

I totally love your approach to the DEV life. I agree 110% all the way.

TeagansDad and kurotatsu like this.
  2. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Thanks, I'm honored you feel so.

Just a heads up on where we're at with AI Warrior. I've got Portions working for healing the player and AI, but still ironing out the Heal/casting state/behaviour.

julianr likes this.
  3. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Self healing is about 90% implemented with a plethora of options if you choose to use it, after that I will be adding a better item drop system where if you choose to use it you can choose the percentage of what Item is dropped individually and how far from the dead AI Warrior.

julianr likes this.
  4. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I also was asked to add a raycast shooting option, as well as the projectile, so that will be in the next update too.

julianr likes this.
  5. ISH_the_Creator

ISH_the_Creator

So this is also a character controller along with AI.

kurotatsu likes this.
  6. ISH_the_Creator

ISH_the_Creator

For mobile I would just add some code to your code or

A new code for added functions. I love ❤️ motion controller but it's way too advanced for mobile imo

Best for console games where it shines

kurotatsu likes this.
  7. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

It has a basic character controller so I can show the interactions between player and AI included as a bonus add on.

My preference personally is to use Motion controller for my player, or if you have one your own player controller as my included one is kinda no frills, though you can copy over some of his states and us them, as I did in the featured assets video.lol

I just finished the self heal systems, and will be adding a couple for features, this weekend I'll try to make a sending damage tutorial, which is pretty simple as no matter your sending damage method, or status effect it's just a message like these.

Code (CSharp):
    1. target(this is just an example name for which ever way you target the AI Warrior.)
    2. damage = 10;
    4. //If you want to use their hit directional you just send a message like this before the AppyDamage message.
    6. target.SendMessage("Left",SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);
    8. And the actual damage message.
    10. target.SendMessage("ApplyDamage", damage,SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);
    12. //put them into their stunned state.
    14. target.SendMessage("Stunned",SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);
    16. //Go ragdoll
    18. target.SendMessage("GoRagdoll",SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);
    20. //Heal them with a spell or potion from a source, not their own self heal options(where they will find a spot and heal //themselves, or search a potion tag out in range.).
    21. // this one will only work after the update I'm working on.
    23. target.SendMessage("Heal", amount,SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);

TeagansDad likes this.
  8. ISH_the_Creator

ISH_the_Creator

I agree I love Motion controller it kept me in unity. Now the only thing is to master building my own motions lol

TeagansDad and kurotatsu like this.
  9. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Agreed, even after using it since it first appeared(that's when I first became friends with Tim, and am grateful for being able to call him so.), I do find it a little overcomplex, but I also know when I've taken the time to copy an existing motion that is close to what I want, Tim is always there to help me figure out how to make it work.

Never fear, persevere(I'm a freakin poet, and don't know it.;)), and ask him for help if ya hit a wall, he WILL help ya through it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    TeagansDad likes this.
  10. ISH_the_Creator

ISH_the_Creator

yup I agree. I love tim I own all his products. lol and will buy any of his products he"s a great DEV.

I buy alot on unity asset store been burned many times but its cool I have learned a bit I only buy textures and models mostly

good assets I think are good regardless of money.

Got burned a little today an asset called
    The Wolf Man

is only good if you know how to rig, reset UVs and do facial animation.

other wise a wast of 17.50$ lol

The model is broken But I know that but the textures are golden so I

bought it, So maybe I was not burned lmao.

11. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Been there, I'm sure I have at least $400 - $500 in assets that turned out to be useless. I put a LOT of stock at this stage in assets that have actual videos, and buy no model, or anim set without seeing it work first.

TeagansDad and ISH_the_Creator like this.
  12. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

The optional Heal Self, and Item drop systems are done.

1. Now to add Raycast shooting option.
    2. Make some changes in the creation wizard to reflect changes I made to the animator controller(added many empty motions for future features so people will not have to keep recreating their AI Warriors, when the feature is added it will just be a matter of dropping in the animation, and maybe dropping a behaviour script in the motion for created AI Warriors, prior to the features release.).
    3. Test make a fresh AI Warrior from scratch to verify everything is working.

Then I will update to the store.

julianr and TeagansDad like this.
  13. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Optional Raycast Shooting is now in, now testing and writing Docs.

Here's the Damage and Healing Document for anyone uncertain how to damage an AI Warrior, or needs to know what api to use in their current system to send damage to them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a567lgjyhw21onv/Damage_And_Healing_AI_Warrior.pdf?dl=0

Edit:

I can't wait to get this update out so I can make another featured assets video, as I have a couple more ideas to show AI Warrior in action.

14. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Wow!! Looking awesome Dan!! Grats on the release!! I'll add this to my wishlist to pick up when (if) I get back to working on my RPG... heheh

kurotatsu, julianr and hopeful like this.
  15. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Hell Yeah, glad to hear from ya!!!

Thanks for the kudos, too.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  16. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

What's coming in Update 1.1.1(Once it passes the beta group, it'll be ready for the store.):

1. Heal Self System with potions, or cast magic,
    2. Potion script
    3. Improved Item/Loot Drop System,
    4. Raycast Shooting option.
    5. Gathering system for the Player character to use which is optional(It works kinda like in games like Onimusha, where when the input is held tagged objects defined in gather menu will attract to towards the player, this is great being used with the Loot system, for things like Xp, points objects, potions ect...).
    6. Knocked back System for Player character to use which is optional.
    7. Added additional states to the Animator Controller for future features with transition turned off for now(This should make future feature integration easier, when creating AI Warriors.).

Fixes:

Gethit while jumping issue
    Ranged Stall if lose target
    Ignore damage if ragdolled

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  17. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

Been playing with an advance copy, and the healing and gathering especially look like great additions. You feel like a Jedi when you can pull loot toward you from across the room, or healing potions in mid-fight when necessary. :)

kurotatsu likes this.
  18. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

You should put "Beta Tester Extraordinaire" in your signature.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  19. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

Just to show off some of AI Warrior's great features, here's a WIP video I've put together of some of the things I'm working on right now. It shows AIW integrated with Ootii's Motion Controller, Camera Controller, and Sword & Shield pack. The new healing and gathering features are working great. :)

20. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Another example of the right assets in the right hands.:D

FargleBargle and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  21. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Update 1.1.1 has been submitted to the store.

Twoonebe likes this.
  22. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

23. zenGarden

zenGarden

I didn't know Square Enix will give permission to use their music and characters for advert about a commercial product :eek:

24. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

It is an Homage to what's possible, but as it is going to be replaced in a couple days with all original content for the next video, and Square/Enix hasn't responded to my correspondence, I'll just remove it and kill the issue here.

25. zenGarden

zenGarden

Do what you want, i was only warning you about using materials you don't have the rights.

26. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

TeagansDad and Twoonebe like this.
  27. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

Got it. Finally decided to put my money where my mouth is. After this much free testing, it's about time. :rolleyes:

28. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

That's a move of true support, thanks man.

I can't wait to see more of your game, please post some more videos when ya get a chance(I love the scifi approach you've taken.:)).lol

FargleBargle and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  29. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

I've been a sci-fi nut for years, but don't take it as seriously as some, so I try to have fun with some of the conventions. My game throws elements from different science fiction worlds together, sometimes as key scenes, like the Ringworld level shown in the last video, and sometimes as blink-and-you'll-miss-it references to more obscure stuff. It starts off at a "Mysterious Island" that boasts a sunken city just offshore, a private race track, and an underground base that would make a Bond villain proud. It also contains portals to other worlds, like the Ringworld, a Medieval world, and a space station among others. Due to the mish-mash of sci-fi elements, it can be a bit like visiting the Collector on "Guardians of the Galaxy" at times, with Easter eggs all over the place. Since parts of it were originally developed under Unity 4, I'm still dusting stuff off and updating it to work with Unity 5. As more of it emerges, I'll try to share, especially as I add more zombies, killer robots, and alien bugs to the mix. ;)

30. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

And of course, always the player running around in a loud Hawaiin style Magnum PI shirt... heheh Great work as always @FargleBargle! Always love seeing your stuff you post! Loving seeing your game evolve using common assets we both seem to like and use! :)

31. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Needs a Burt Reynolds mustache, and Hawaii 5-0 playing at some point.lol

Fargle's game is a great shout out for us older fellas.

32. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

And now @Shawn67 shows up like some false prophet of AI...

;)

33. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Lol, I can't say how glad I am to see him, been a while.

Not to mention, a post from you as well @TeagansDad , I'm always glad to see your likes across posts in a plethora of threads, but your posts are always fun to read, which is usually followed with a like of my own, towards you.:D

BackwoodsGaming and TeagansDad like this.
  34. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

Yeah, the shirts kinda speak to that whole "not taking it too seriously" thing I alluded to earlier. No matter what kind of bizarre worlds my hero finds himself in, he's still this old school slacker, of the Magnum/Jimmy Buffet variety. He's not trying to save the world - he's just dealing with whatever comes his way the best he can, while looking for a nice beach side bar that serves decent margaritas. It helps balance out some of the weirder sci-fi elements, and keeps them from becoming too big a deal. ;)

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not really much of a modeler or artist, so don't consider my project to be in the same league as many of the "proper" games that are available, but I try. It keeps evolving, my tools keep getting better, and hopefully my skill set continues to improve as well. Your words of encouragement make the journey worthwhile. :)

35. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

HAHAHAHA!! Thanks @TeagansDad! I needed a good laugh today... heheh

Thanks.. I'm kinda like a bad penny... Hard to get rid of me... heheh

Don't sell yourself short. You have shown a huge amount of creativity leveraging the awesome tools from the asset store (like @kurotatsu's Warrior AI). For someone who has said he is just having fun, you are doing a lot of awesome things!!! :)

FargleBargle and kurotatsu like this.
  36. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

I don't even remember who it was that called you "the false prophet of procedural generation" -- but since then you're always "The False Prophet" in my mind. ;) Which is a good thing, as Ultima VI is one of my all-time favorite games.

@kurotatsu - Got my quarterly bonus cheque yesterday, so I finally picked up AI Warrior this morning. Looking forward to seeing what I can do with it!

37. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Hey awesome, if ya need a hand with anything I'll be there.:D

BackwoodsGaming and TeagansDad like this.
  38. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Heheh.. No worries and I don't remember either. I'm kind of a water off a duck's back person. Most things I don't think twice about and just let it roll off and forget about it. I might throw some ribbing back a little, but no worries. :) And hey, if that's the way that you remember me, at least you are remembering me... rofl.. And its not in a bad way since that is one of your fave games.. heheh

kurotatsu likes this.
  39. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

@FargleBargle this is brilliant !! :)

FargleBargle, hopeful and kurotatsu like this.
  40. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

@AdamGoodrich , I just can't not smile the entire time I watch this video(and I've watched it quite a few times.).lol

@FargleBargle , It just hit me tonight what's missing....A half buried statue of liberty, for a Planet of the Apes reference.lol

FargleBargle and hopeful like this.
  41. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

Not missing, just not in this test scene. I have it on the island in my actual game. :)

My Evil Empire 00018.jpg

You can also see it in this earlier promo video I did, at about the 24 second mark:

Don't worry, if there's an iconic, cheesy, or overused sci-fi trope, I've usually got it covered. :rolleyes:

BackwoodsGaming and kurotatsu like this.
  42. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Hands down, that is a game I would play.

Well done, all around, man.

BackwoodsGaming and FargleBargle like this.
  43. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

Thanks. It's more a "what would be cool to do?" exercise than an actual game at this point, but AIW, along with some of the recent add-on packs from Ootii, are helping to give it more of a "game" feel now, so thanks again for that. ;)

Don't know how I'd ever release it to the public though. I'd need to convince companies like Marvel/Disney, Paramount, MGM, and countless others to let me use stuff from their movies and TV shows first. And then there's things like cars, boats, airplanes, and other items based on real products. Unlike many other games, I don't try to obscure brand names, since that's a big part of their appeal. If I'm driving a Ferrari 458 Italia, or a Bugatti Veyron, I'm not going to try to disguise what it is. I've (mis)appropriated so much IP to make this game, I'd never be able to obtain or afford the licenses to use it all. As soon as I try to make a dime off it, I'll start spending entirely too much time with lawyers. :oops:

Maybe when it gets to the point you can actually "play" it, rather than just wandering around gawking at everything, I'll post it somewhere, so people can check it out for free. ;) In the mean time, here are more WIP pics:

My Evil Island Base
    Ringworld and Beyond
    New Airship

BackwoodsGaming and kurotatsu like this.
  44. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

First, I love the pics, they show the shear magnitude of detail you put into your game world, and speaks to many levels of what is possible.

What I'm mostly saying is what you've created inspires feeling of not only nostalgia, but thoughts of what can be done, how things can be done, and how these things things can be tied together in not only a functional, but a perceptually pleasing way.

I think any game developer could openly look at what you've made, and learn something, be it level design, system usage, or more importantly how your project resonates with what they are viewing/experiencing while being engrossed in your vision.

It goes beyond what is possible with the right assets, to(in my opinion.) an engaging idea of where flow in design, and vision meet.

BackwoodsGaming and FargleBargle like this.
  45. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

lol!!! Brilliant! You need to hurry up and finish your game.. I think a lot of us devs that have seen all your videos are anxious to play it... lol

kurotatsu and FargleBargle like this.
  46. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Just a heads up, I'm still putting together the next featured asset video and have been making a BUNCH of Ai Warrior from some great model packs I use and support from the Asset Store.

So far I've made: 2 kunoichi(female ninja), 1 male ninja, 1 Armored Samurai swordsman, 1 Samurai Archer, 7 monster creature types, with more to come.

So things should be pretty exciting, my creation room/scene is pretty intense so far just watching them all battle each other.lol

Edit(a sneak peek):
    _FeaturedAssetNinja 2017-03-03 10-48-19-75.png

47. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

kurotatsu likes this.
  48. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Are nav meshes required for this AI?

kurotatsu likes this.
  49. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Hey Steve,

Currently yes, I don't have much experience using A*, though hope to look into it in the future, and see if I can wrap my head around it and support both.

That's the most honest, and candid answer I can give.

I appreciate your interest, and feel free to ask anything, and I'll try to accommodate.

Dan.

50. malosal

malosal

Sir, I am interested in purchasing this. I have a few questions. You may have answered them in one of these posts, though its alot , and if you could help that would be great. Basically I want an engine that is similar to the Jet Li game on the ps2. many enemies surround you, they can attack you with martial arts, and you can block, and even reverse. If all I need is your one product for this that would be great.
    One other thing is, can it work with VR melee? If I'm in VR and I swing a sword, can an enemy fight and block intelligently? If you could answer that would be wonderful. Thanks!

kurotatsu likes this.