Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AI Warrior[Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kurotatsu, Dec 22, 2016.

?

What version of Unity are you using?

1. Unity 5.5 or higher

55 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. Unity 5.4

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Introducing:

Asset Store:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/78924

AI Warrior
    : is an Artificial intelligence package for those that are looking for a dynamic, well rounded, and robust solution that will get their game noticed.

AI Warrior is an approach to making enemies in as Non-Hardcoded, or predictable a manner as possible, by making many features optional, and using groups of effects and settings that work being controllable, yet, random in their execution.

The idea is to use, and indeed put to work all those assets gathering dust that most of us are guilty of buying, and not using in a systematic, functional way, be they, animations, models, music and sound fx, or Particle effects.

AI Warrior Current Features:

-Melee and Ranged Combat
    -Can set between 1-5 Random Attacks, and 1 chase attack, or Random Chase Attack.
    -Guard Position, Wander, and Patrol Waypoints.
    -Dynamic Jumping and Teleporting
    -Weapon Switching.
    -Enemies can be stunned, and are evadable
    -Enemies can retreat, search and give up.
    -Ragdolls Supported.
    -Get Hit Directional Anims Supported.
    -Use Root Motion(Optional) Supported.
    -Enemy can be Knocked back.
    -Robust use of particle effects for various actions
    -Mecanim, and Generic rigs supported.
    -Use of Sound Fx for various actions.
    -Encounter and Victory Music support.
    -Dynamic Messaging system for triggering events with any game manager.
    -Dynamic Projectiles, Mines, and Smokebombs.
    -Can set scripts on an AI Warrior to be disabled on Ragdoll, and Death.
    -Creation Wizard, Preset Menu
    -Debug to Console option
    -Can view Action Ranges, and Raycasts in Scene view option
    -Easy to understand Variables, and Full Source Code
    -Video Tutorials(With more to come!)
    -Future Videos Featuring Assets and Developers I support, and that have contributed to bringing AI Warrior to you.

Youtube Tutorial Playlist:
    AI Warrior Tutorials

Full Roadmap of features to come, with Teams, HeadShot/One Hit kills, Lurable, Trappable, Stealthkills, and Non-Agressive NPC's, just to name a few.

Pending the success of AI Warrior our flagship asset, planned compatible systems are already being developed by Kurotatsu Studios LLC that will work independent of, or hand in hand with one another.

Thanks for your time,

Dan Trussell
    Kurotatsu Studios LLC

Documentation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqv2o8f74nm2qsq/AI_Warrior_Users_Guide.pdf?dl=0

Here's the Damage and Healing Document for anyone uncertain how to damage an AI Warrior, or needs to know what api to use in their current system to send damage to them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a567lgjyhw21onv/Damage_And_Healing_AI_Warrior.pdf?dl=0

The featured asset video below is the first to show what can be created with AI Warrior, and other Premium assets I support, as well as their authors I believe in( and acts as a proof of concept of the right tools in the right hands).

Featured assets:

AI Warrior from Kurotatsu Studios.

-ootii's Motion Controller, Sword and Shield Pack with Adventure Camera.
    -Adam Goodrich's Gaia, Gena, and Pegasus.
    -3D Forge's Village Exteriors Kit.
    -Shpakivnia's Hair Tool.
    -Guzu Cloth Editor.
    -kripto289 Mesh Effects.
    -Mirza Beig Ultimate VFX

Authors listed below will be featured in future videos:

-Characters Creature (Pack) Maksim Bugrimov (The red Juggernaut is a custom retexture.)
    -Kunoichi - Ninja Character, Hideout Studio
    -Japanese Storehouse Pack, GabrielMGuimaraes
    -Epic Asian Audio Bundle, Evil Mind Ent.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    julianr, Hikiko66, TeagansDad and 3 others like this.
  2. hopeful

hopeful

I don't own the Third Person Controller by Invector, but I get the impression that plugin would work very well with this NPC AI.

kurotatsu likes this.
  3. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

It would as a fact, so long as you were sending the correct damage message.

Once I get the ball rolling with AI Warrior, cross compatibility with a long line of existing solutions is scheduled.

4. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

5. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Added new video for the Updated Creation Wizard, to make it easier to use generic rigged models.

6. smada-luap

smada-luap

Regarding the poll at the start - I've (literally just before Christmas) moved up to 5.3.4 :)

kurotatsu likes this.
  7. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I know what ya mean, Unity 4 was out a year before I stopped using 3.5 back in the day.lol

8. recon0303

recon0303

you sound like me, I just moved to 5.4, but keep 5.3, since I see to many issues with Unity newer builds and dont want the headache since I'm near my beta release. We hope:)

kurotatsu likes this.
  9. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

it looks nice i will keep my eyes on your projekt

kurotatsu likes this.
  10. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Thanks, I appreciate your taking the time to check it out.:)

I'm working on a featured asset video as we speak, I will be posting soon.

11. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

No worries I have the channel already marked for news.

I have now watched all videos, I do not know how far your current version is but a few questions I would have.

Is there something like an aggro range, for example if one is close to the opponent is say 2 meters that he attacks you automatically?

Will there be a monster spawner? Where you can adjust when and how many opponents spawn distance, etc.

How it looks with monster / opponent strength, experience, loot, for all LVL strength ..... etc

You see I'm very intressed

kurotatsu likes this.
  12. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I'll add that as an option. I'll put in this afternoon, and once this goes Live on the store, I'll update it.:)

Here's the current spawner that comes included, you will be able to see it in use in my next featured asset video, and I'm working on a spawner setup video as well.

The way it works is that you put in an AI Warrior(or any spawnable enemy) as the boss and he spawns at the main empty holding this script, then you can parent as many empties as you like to it, and spread them out, and select them drop them into the Spawn Positions array, and this will spawn a bodyguard at each of these points.

I have an option for Look at player, under spawn rotation, that will give you that instant aggro you asked for too, as they'll all spawn and see the player and jump into battle.:)

SpawnerAI_Warrior.PNG

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  13. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

An important question still how does it look with multiplayer and several players how does the AI here?

14. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

They should attack anybody they see with a "Player" tag, as far as, multiple targeting players, or closest goes, I'll look into it when I start on the Team/multiple tag aggression functionality which is on the roadmap..

I may have them do a find closest Main Target Tag check on their GetHit state, I'll have to think on it.

15. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

What do you think of an aggro system:

The one the most hurt of the will be the highest postion and attacked the number 1 in the list advances the next target

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  16. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Those are things I'm thinking about, which is why I am thinking of doing a check in the getHit state, but I need to make sure I'm conscious of not bloating updates up doing constant unnecessary checks.

I'll work it out, you can count on it.

17. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

yeahh sounds good

18. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

@Twoonebe ,

I just finished uploading the Spawner setup video.:)

hopeful likes this.
  19. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

looks nice

kurotatsu likes this.
  20. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

When do you think this asset will be available? One hit head shots+1 great for zombies. Also is it possible to have more than 5 attack animations? Walk animations? Run Animations? This can create great variety in your enemies. The reason I ask all this is because I own my own motion capture rig system and I make all my own animations. I like to have a wide variety of animations for things like attacking and running ect.. This create a more realistic game if everything is randomly playing different animations.

kurotatsu likes this.
  21. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I submitted it over a week ago, so I hope soon, if no problems arise.

All the above is possible, with minor code mods.

Another option is to duplicate the AnimatorController created for that AI Warrior, swap all the anims in the second one, and and I can add an option in the OnAwake we could do a random swap of controllers.

I'm looking for a base set of humanoid anims if you'd be interested in making some with your equipment, PM me, and we'll work out a deal. Originally this AI is being created to be stealthkillable, so I am in the market for some attacker, and victim anims.

Just food for thought, and I'll give your suggestions some tests.

22. ISH_the_Creator

ISH_the_Creator

So we can use custom animations with no problem. ? I can't wait to play with this. Looking good

kurotatsu likes this.
  23. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Yep, I"m kinda an animation junkie, so I buy a lot of sets, especially involving swordplay.

The idea is to bridge the gap between, humanoid, and creatures with their own anims, as well as put to use as many of the other assets we buy, and don't use to their full potential, like sounds, particle effects, ect..., by networking with top asset store authors.

I really want to promote what can be done with the best assets in the right hands, and kickstart peoples imaginations.

I'm working on my featured assets video now, but have a lot of new features, I've added waiting for approval.

This asset will get free additions for it's users of all systems I create(and may sell seperately.), currently the newest freebie that will come packaged with AI Warrior, is my Radar/Compass system I'll be showing off in the video.

You'll also see the changes I made with the included HUD, that works with my basic player/character system.

Here's a sneak peek of where I'm at so far with it:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    antoripa, TeagansDad and Hikiko66 like this.
  24. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

I just spoke with my partner, he is going to be using the system for a few weeks for his own game, when I receive it back I would definitely help out with that.

In the meantime, any news on it being approved? I'm wanting to buy it and experiment with it.

25. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

No news yet, sorry.

I wish there was a more open line of communication during the submission process.

That's awesome! I have another user as well that has volunteered their skills on this front too. So with your guy's help we can create something that will have an impact, and not only feature the canned anims that are available.

We can get users in a position to hit the ground running with quality anims, and really open their imaginations, and take some of the work out of trying to develop their ideas.

26. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

I pretty much took a small hiatus from making my VR Zombie game because the AI I was using was not supported by the developer anymore and I needed more variation in my AI to make it feel more varied and realistic. If you have heard of Arizona Sunshine , its essentially like that, however my game has a very detailed and unique story. Which in my opinion is missing from far too many games these days. I am a story writer and I'm very good at what I do.

Coupled with my motion capture and if I can get it to work right, facial capture rig, I plan on making a great game.

One of the BEST things I missed from that previous AI is the Support AI feature. Essentially the player is fighting zombies and has help from additional support players. They are AI players that also shoot and kill zombies. The animation is like this:

In a city street the main player is backed up against her SUV tank, there is a table where weapons and amo is sitting. The 3-4 support players also are with her. They have the ability to fire and reload either playing a reload animation or going to the table and getting animation and reloading and back to the support spot she/he was standing.

There are so many variations I can play with that makes this so much more realistic, but the AI I had was crippling in options, when it even worked.

recon0303 and kurotatsu like this.
  27. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I have been putting ideas down for a follower/companion AI Warrior integration, as well as teams options for big battles, but that is on the back burner for now, while I get the base aggressive AI Warrior features polished.

And I need to get multi target options added for multiplayer.

I need to get it into peoples hands and see where it is coming up short, so I can address those issues first, that way I don't introduce more problems.

Once I get the Enemy going well, the code is already there for writing the companions as well so it will make the integration easier.

Edit:

I keep picturing a wolf following the player around like in MGS the phantom pain, and the old ninja game Shadow Dancer.

28. ISH_the_Creator

ISH_the_Creator

I'm chopping at the bits. I'm sold I can't wait.

kurotatsu likes this.
  29. julianr

julianr

look forward to trying this out. Happy to provide feedback, beta test etc - I've used quite a few AI and combat systems before, wrote a few myself, but I like the direction this one is going in for my next set of games.

kurotatsu likes this.
  30. antoripa

antoripa

I have watched the videos ...... awesome ....I cannot wait to get AI Warrior ..... It is exactly what I was looking for my new game ....
    thanks a lot

kurotatsu likes this.
  31. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Ok, just added the Optional Enemy Gui System Add On.

You can now see their Healthbar, and name, or set a Original name for them.

You can also toggle their name or healthbar off if you don't want one or the other, or both not to show(of course if ya don't want either you don't even need to add their GUI.lol).

And it tracks the MainCamera, so it is always facing you.

It's drag and drop. You just drop the EnemyGUI.prefab on them, and it just works!

Now if only AI Warrior, would get approved.

I have a nice update with the current AddOns for it, but don't want to upload it until it's on the store.

I can't believe it hasn't been reviewed yet.:(

hopeful, zeb33, julianr and 2 others like this.
  32. julianr

julianr

probably a backlog from Christmas. I'm sure it'll get approved soon :)

kurotatsu likes this.
  33. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Here's a quick video showing the Radar/Compass Addon, and how to set it up.

antoripa, julianr and Adrad like this.
  34. julianr

julianr

Do you have a flee option, so if AI health < set amount, flee to gameObject location. You could have a few scripts that can then be attached to the gameObject or a trigger, with optional animation/particle effect - the scripts could be replenish AI health, give AI a new weapon, power up, take away health, spawn more AI.

I see that there is "Enemies can retreat, search and give up." - but this may only be for retreat, search for more AI or give up and die? If so maybe you could expand on this a bit more?

kurotatsu likes this.
  35. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

It has a retreat state already, as you described.:)

Check the spawner video at 7:50min to see the retreat:

The spawner system, can rearm itself based on time, and such, and will destroy it's enemies if you are outside it's trigger zone for a set amount of time.

This allows you to move to different areas of your level and not have enemies wandering around eating up cpu. There is also a go idle state I'm working on for the same purpose.

I'm adding the health regen after retreat, as well as improving the item drop system today.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    julianr likes this.
  36. julianr

julianr

Sounds good. Thanks!

Another suggestion (if you don't mind) is a cover/stealth system (unless its already there), which could be linked to flee, but also can be used on its own. If AI flee, and a cover gameObject is in range, go to it and hide (based on gameObject height greater than AI scale) it will choose stand cover or crouch cover (if animations are setup). I guess which side the AI would cover would depend on which direction the player is. I've found that this is quite tricky to get right, but once it is done correctly would make any game more realistic.

Looking forward to picking this up as soon as its live!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    kurotatsu likes this.
  37. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Run and hide will be down the road a bit, but I'll look into it as soon as everything is battle tested, and polished.

I really appreciate the interest, and keep the suggestions coming.

Right now I'm working on polishing the existing features, I want things to be as painless as possible, and I need to take some time and write some more docs, though I like making video tutorials better.lol

julianr likes this.
  38. julianr

julianr

sounds good. I'm on Unity 5.4 at the moment, so I'm not sure if dynamic nav mesh is in 5.5 yet (not looked in great detail) if it isn't maybe adding non-navmesh support, such as dynamic roaming as basic option for those that do not want to use navmesh. No doubt you'll get calls for supporting Apex path/A* further down the road, so the basic support would fill the gap.

kurotatsu likes this.
  39. julianr

julianr

Thats good. Plenty of video tutorials will help a lot as you can only get so much out of the docs.

kurotatsu likes this.
  40. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

My only problem is I've never used A* personally, and there seemed to be some licensing issues with the A* Project from it's original creators(some college), so I worry.

I personally can't wait to see the upcoming changes coming with the new Unity navmesh where it can allow AI to go up walls, that'd be great for them climbing ladders and such.

We'll see how things play out.

I agree, I like seeing things done first hand, and though I love reading, am a visual learner, so I intend to make a video for every aspect of AI Warrior.

julianr likes this.
  41. julianr

julianr

I thought that was resolved? I'll have to check out their forums again. Not that I use A* at the moment. I use MapMagic for my terrains, pin the non dynamic terrains and navmesh them. Seems to work just fine.

Same here!

42. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

Re Dynamic Nav Mesh support: I read somewhere that it was in one of the 5.6 betas, so should be coming soon. Otherwise I'll probably need something like A*... but since I want moving platform support, I'd need to spring for the $100 pro version instead of the free one. :(

In other news, I've been helping to test a pre-release version of AI Warrior, and it's looking pretty good so far. For anyone who also uses Ootii's Motion Controller package, with his Sword & Shield or Archery add-ons, we've been busy ironing out some of the bumps, so integrating the packages should go fairly smoothly - by which I mean drag and drop a couple of scripts and you're done. Looking forward to AIW clearing Asset Store Purgatory, so you can all try it. :)

antoripa, julianr and kurotatsu like this.
  43. recon0303

recon0303

the story comment so true we are making a game, with a story, when typically many people leave them out, not all but some games really could use a good story, I love the Tale Tell Games, because they are all story..

Looking forward to this asset .

kurotatsu likes this.
  44. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

While we wait for more how-to videos, and for AIW to be approved, here's a little something to whet your appetites:

Buckling swash seems to be a definite possibility now. :D

hopeful, kurotatsu and julianr like this.
  45. julianr

julianr

I was going to use AI Warrior in my next game as I have 2 AI systems in place already, but I feel that it will need to go in my current open world game. Its often good to mix AI systems and make custom changes so they are not always the same. I'll post a few videos when I get a copy :) night1.jpg

I'll need to add in team support though, as I'll use it for factions in the industrial area I'm working on next.

antoripa, hopeful and kurotatsu like this.
  46. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Fargle, YOU ARE AWESOME.LOL

I love it, my featured asset vid will be coming soon too.:D
    I'll bump teams up, once it's approved. I'm still framing out the changes for multiple targets, and how I want to implement it. As it is currently they will only hunt a tagged player.

antoripa and julianr like this.
  47. julianr

julianr

Ahh right. I'll either wait or modify it before hand as I'd need either teams or multiple targets (multiple target will probably be better or the same as teams?), so AI would attack a player or another AI. It may be worth allowing AI to attack their own tag also, so if you have a rogue AI, he would attack anything and anyone that is in range.

Adding in a team reference would probably be for death match style, so you could have a scoring system GUI at the end. I personally wouldn't use Teams for attacking, and just keep the tags for that.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  48. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I've submitted a Support request to find out the hold up as it has been over 20 days, so we'll see what comes of it.

So I ask everyone contacting me for future purchase, bare with me a little longer, and maybe I'll have something to report, soon.

I want to push the latest update out, with all the new addons, but fear a longer wait, so I will hold off until AI Warrior is approved.

antoripa, recon0303 and julianr like this.
  49. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Just a heads up, I'm adding the multiple targets feature now.

When it's finished the AI Warriors will be able to:

Attack the player.
    Attack any other tag you tell it to, even including it's own.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    antoripa and julianr like this.
  50. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

AI Warrior was resubmitted with some changes in the folder structure I was asked to do.

Teams has been added, with another demo scene, bringing the total to 4, as well as a couple setup Read Me's.

I'll make a new video showing off teams set up, and the demo hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks to EVERYONE, who have been following AI Warrior, and the P.M.s I've received showing interest and support.