Search Unity

AI system like Xaitment :)

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by kodagames, Mar 16, 2011.

1. kodagames

kodagames

My wish is for a AI system like Xaitment.

it doesn't look to coding involved and seems to be more visual which is awesome making game creation faster and more efficient or at least Im hoping .

They have integration into Unity Pro and Im waiting to hear back from them on what the cost might be but I get the feeling its going to be a lot :( which is always the case when the second question they ask is how much is your yearly AI budget? :(
    "Im an indie developer" I dont have a budget yet lol

I know there are some other systems out like Angry ants behave and A* but the tutorials are seriously lacking for newbies (scripting) like myself. Im picking up the scripting pretty fast though but everytime I go back to one of these systems Im kind of lost.

Sorry for the rambling but on the top of my WISH LIST is a system like Xaintment http://www.xaitment.com/
    for things like XaitMap, XaitMove and my favorite XaitControl (state of the art behaviors in a graphical manner) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl8G4wBVCjA&feature=player_embedded

2. kodagames

kodagames

I guess it would cost too much for unity to implement something like this..

3. niosop2

niosop2

Shrug, I wouldn't rule it out entirely. A basic pathfinding system should be in soon. And they managed to integrate big systems like Umbra and Beast, so integrating something like xaitment might not be out of the realm of possibility.

4. psyfreak

psyfreak

5. samim

samim

You can already get the full AI package inside unity right now: AngryAnt Behave / UnitySteer / Aron´s A* pathfinding.

6. H1veMind

H1veMind

Rumor on the street: xaitment is working on this full throttle and it should be coming down the pipeline in the next couple months. You guys are the first to know... ;)