Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

AI planner v0.2.2 infinite rebuilding bug?

Discussion in 'AI & Navigation Previews' started by ikiable, Mar 1, 2020.

1. ikiable

ikiable

I wanted to try out AI planner today, and I got into an infinite loop bug when I enter play mode.

here's part of the log. is this a known bug? or is it just me?

2. ikiable

ikiable

3. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

Codegen has been one of our main focus areas for the next release. Unfortunately, it's just something that is necessary to have. We're aware of a few infinite compilation loops and have corrected most of them.

Can you share a bit more about where you are seeing this? Is this when running our AI Planner samples the "Hello Planner" tutorial or a custom project of yours?

4. ikiable

ikiable

custom project

5. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

In that case, do you have at least 1 trait, 1 action, and 1 plan defined? I believe there is a bug that if not at least 1 of each of those is defined, then it will cause an infinite compilation loop.

6. ikiable

ikiable

No. The loop happens whenever I enter into play mode or when unity compile scripts.
    I haven't even started using it yet.

7. ikiable

ikiable

okay so I just did the Assets -> Create -> AI -> (create all the definitions listed) and now the infinite loop is gone.

I can now enter playmode and edit some scripts without worry.

amirebrahimi_unity likes this.