Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

AI Planner for Agent Based Modelling Simulation

Discussion in 'AI & Navigation Previews' started by hendrikodito, May 31, 2020.

1. hendrikodito

hendrikodito

Good Morning AI Planner Users and Developers,

I am looking into using AI Planner to create a better Agent-Based Modelling which has set behaviour. Do you think I am able to use the AI Planner for this function?

I have not tried AI planner myself but the demos look very promising to me :)

I am looking to use it to simulate human behaviour ie crowding and wandering in a set given space.

Hope somebody can answer before I put my resources into the project, thank you!

Hendriko

2. TrevorUnity

TrevorUnity

Unity Technologies

Are you mainly interested in crowd simulation, specifically movement? If so, I'd suggest a more specific tool, perhaps one of the many crowd simulation tools from the asset store. The AI Planner, while generic/flexible, does not contain any particular optimizations that would be necessary for crowds of large scale.