Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AI - Planner a few questions

Discussion in 'AI & Navigation Previews' started by Censureret, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Censureret

Censureret

I am looking into different options for my AI. After extensive research leading me down the rabbit hole I am convinced that I need some sort of HTN approach so I started looking for different options and perhaps assets for this.

I came across ai planner but couldn't find much info on what type of so it was so my first question is , is it HTN or
    GOAP or other?

Since I'm building a team AI I would also like to know if it would be a good fit for this purpose?

2. JvanOpstal

JvanOpstal

It's action-language based planning similar to GOAP or STRIPS. I'm not an expert, but my feeling has been that this planner is mostly good for autonomous agents, where group behavior might be possible but harder to get working.

3. Djayp

Djayp

If you used GOAP AI frameworks before, AI Planner allows you to easily compare values on top of it (which was a nightmare in every possible implementation I've seen).

4. Censureret

Censureret

The problem with GOAP is that it's really hard to make team coordination AI.

As far as I can see from the videos (shown on the documentation page) it should be similar to HTN and should support cooperative gameplay but I would like to have this confirmed since these talks are 1 - 2 years old.