Search Unity

Question AI Navigation: Sources 0

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by WrappedStrings, May 14, 2023.

1. WrappedStrings

WrappedStrings

Working with an old project, and when i cleared the old navmesh to bake some changes, it was no longer working. Now, whenever i click bake, an empty navmesh gets created and the following gets logged.

upload_2023-5-14_7-48-45.png

The project was initially built with editor version 2022.1.12f1, but later got upgraded to 2022.2.16f1. Its still in that version currently. It was initially collecting child objects, i switched it to all and began using a grid to see if that would work. So far nothing has made a difference.
    upload_2023-5-14_7-48-1.png

Other threads said to set the gameobjects to Navigation static, however unity informs me it has been deprecated and its grayed out.

upload_2023-5-14_8-5-52.png

I'm at a total loss here. Any and all help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. WrappedStrings

WrappedStrings

Update after playing around today:
    • I noticed this is a problem related to navmesh plus instead of unitys native navigation system.
    • I switched things around and started using physics colliders instead of rendered meshes as the targeted geometry. This was able to pull more sources, but had issues generating the navmesh itself. The core issue was that agents stopped working
    • I ended up making a new project under a longterm support version of the editor and got everything working right again