Search Unity

Agua (Fractalreality)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by alejobrainz, Dec 12, 2006.

1. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

2. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

I greatly admire this one, especially the glass shelves, those could captivate me for hours if I didn't want to mention them in this post. My only two problems with this are the base of the skybox (it's the same image as the sides...and top? forgot to check) and lack of functional doors. OH, and the fact that it's so fun to jump around on things that I always get myself stuck, but I think that's more of a personal problem.

3. Sync1B

Sync1B

It looks great. Now add some guns and let my blow holes in it! :wink:
    Nice work.

Bill

4. Joe ByDesign

Joe ByDesign

you kids and your guns! whatever happened to a good old fashioned paint fight!? =)

seriously though, great work here ZeroFractal.

Agree that glass shader is eye suckingly awesome... reminds of the ol' Mac Cube (the good parts).

I don't know how complete this is (looks complete!) but i noticed some flashing polys on the plants in the bathroom with the bathtub (dual faces?). Also out the bedroom window there were some floating squares that seemed out of place (and more flashing polys on the outer vent). Also, the low-poly globe seemed out of place when everything else felt high poly.

Not a big deal considering your using this in a controlled kiosk, but running Mac version, I clicked on Windowed option and it ran full-screen anyway.

Amazing quality, when can I move in? I saw a free place marked 'Disponible' I'll take that! :)

5. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

:eek: nicely done! That is *gorgeous*...

6. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

hello.

I just updated the dmg with a new version in which the windows have a nicer reflection map.

The url is the same. I also added a version with a nice glow at:

this link

7. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

ohh, and tom, welcome onboard!

8. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

More amazing work by Alejandro! Your textures, lighting and use of Unity materials are superb. Love it!

9. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Looks great!

Minor note: if the target hardware allows it, I'd suggest using Trilinear filtering on some/all textures. At default quality setting (when anisotropic filtering is not forced on) on some textures (wooden tables) the mip level transition is quite visible. Trilinear filtering would improve that.

10. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

Will give it a shot!

11. nafonso

nafonso

Looks great, as always! :wink:

I only found one problem (don't know if it is a bug, but it looks like one to me): looks like there's some kind of structure outside the "Patio de Roupa" (besides the kitchen), I attached a screen just so you could see.

Attached Files:

12. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

I saw it too. its definitely a bug!

13. mustard seed

mustard seed

Fantastic work zerofractal!

I am working with Cinema4d and am very interested to see how Unity can add value to the archviz that I do for my clients.

Some questions if you don't mind:
    How long on average does it take to bake the GI into textures? And in terms of workflow, do you model once for hi res stills and animation, and do a stripped down, lo poly version for Unity? I'm assuming things like bevels and rounds need to be removed to keep the poly count down.

Thanks for your time!

Andrew

14. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

hello.

baking takes some time indeed but we take advantage of the our renderfarm. If we did it on one workstation it would take roughly 12 hours or so to render out all of the spaces in one apartment.

In terms of workflow we model optimized meshes for all of the arch elements (we remove all of the unsed faces) for both stills and VR and for furnuture we model detailed and low poly versions.

15. drJones

drJones

very well done, there's some flickering here there (baseboards some window frames) but overall it very tight. nice work ; )

FYI i was checking out your website, the "what we do" button at the top of the page does not load in safari, it shows nothing but your backround color. it seems also that if you start from the upper menu with any link it has a tendancy to bork the display below at different times.

16. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

Thx will have the interactive guys take a look!

17. MatthewW

MatthewW

I get a bit of z-fighting as well on the paintings, carpet, etc (this on Windows). Looks like those objects are too close to whatever's underneath/behind them.

18. mustard seed

mustard seed

Thanks for sharing, zerofractal! Is what you're doing achievable in the idie version or does it require pro?

19. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

We use pro but if you are willing not to use image effects indie should do the trick.

20. mustard seed

mustard seed

Sorry for the newbie question, but what image effects do you use that are specific to pro? The glow effect in your latest Agua walkthru would be one, I'm guessing, anything else that you've posted so far?

21. holmeren

holmeren

Hi

Try messing with the "padding" in the bake to texture menu (max)
    I put and extra geo out side the wall as a "fill object" that should fill the hole that render to texture thinks there is when you dont have ex. celling and wall as one object.