Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AGK: Action Game Kit (v1.5)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jonkuze, Sep 27, 2013.

1. uni7y

uni7y

2. jonkuze

jonkuze

Yes they will work! = )

Check out this Demo: http://kuroato.com/assetstore/unityagk/dungeonhackandslash_demo/
    I made this Hack and Slash Demo with AGK and Protofactor's Medieval Characters. So yes, your good to go! = )

3. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hey Guys what do you think?

Disclaimer: This is just a small teaser of what may come for AGK v2.0, Not 100% Confirmed... Just playing with some ideas here. Currently I am thinking about building a brand new version of Action Game Kit. If things go as planned. We may potentially see a release of a new version of AGK with a 100% Full 360 Third Person Camera Support in 1-2 Months. I would like to aim to meet the Quality of Warframe's Third Person Controls. Check out the Video below for a better idea of what I would like to bring in AGK v2.0...

Chance-Touchstone and uni7y like this.
  4. uni7y

uni7y

can I buy it already!!!! this will be so cool man!! please keep us informed about this...
    why did you post this?! Now I can't wait any more for version 2.0 :(

Great job so far :D

5. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Doing a 3rd person over the shoulder shooter would be great. A definite buy from me.

Do you plan to use the new GUI and add some sort of touch controls for mobile?

6. jonkuze

jonkuze

LOL! Sorry... but this is just a Scene Setup of the Assets I plan to use. The Cyborg Ninja I own and Sell on the Asset Store, the environment is a Unity Free Asset, and those Zombies are Free on the Asset Store as well. I plan to use these Assets to Build v2.0. Actual Development has not started, but I thought I'd share with you all what the near future plans are going to be.

Well for now there probably isn't going to be much GUI work planned besides a simple health bar, because one of the main things I was to do differently is make v2.0 much more modular... meaning there is much less dependencies, and more flexibility for to easily take what parts of the kit you want, what you don't want. So we want to make sure every feature we add is almost independent of each other and all works like a bunch of plugins. We as currently in AGK v1.0 if you try to modify one thing or take something out usually everything breaks lol. Or even better example, the enemies in AGK v1.0 are too dependent on the Spawn System. So we want to make sure you are free to do what you like with the Enemies and Spawn them how you want in the next version rather than be locked into a certain way of spawning them pre-defined.

Regarding Mobile, I will probably get Control Freaks help for this again as I really enjoy his Asset, and this also helps to keep things Modular and working like Plugins. I'd rather not deal with Mobile Support to be honest as I prefer Desktop, Browser Games, So if your using Control Freak already you'll probably be able to easily Plug that into this New Version of AGK.

sayroar likes this.
  7. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hack & Slash some Zombies with a Cyborg Ninja! (Just a Fun, Tiny Game!)

Created with AGK: Action Game Kit!
    40% OFF! Before $35, Now: $20
    *SPECIAL OFFER: If you Purchase AGK: Action Game Kit Today! and provide proof of purchase, we will give you this Cyborg Ninja vs Zombie Project for *FREE. Just email proof of purchase to jon@mijikaigames.com. *NOTE: this deal is an extra $10 value as *Cyborg Ninja is one of our assets being sold on the Asset Store. *Zombie Asset is free to download on the Asset Store, provided by M.eye, and the *environment asset is also free, provided by Unity; All Included in the Project!

*If you already own AGK: Action Game Kit, that you can also receive this project for free if you provide proof of purchase of the Cyborg Ninja found here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10705

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    Chance-Touchstone likes this.
  8. Chance-Touchstone

Chance-Touchstone

Will AGK v2.0 support Mecanim? Oo

9. jonkuze

jonkuze

Yes it would support Mecanim. = )

10. jonkuze

jonkuze

Update: I have some great news to share everyone, we are currently in active development of AGK v2.0. We plan to re-brand this version of AGK v1.0 to TDS: Action Game Kit (Top Down Shooter), and AGK v2.0 to TPS: Action Game Kit (Third Person Shooter). I think it makes more sense this way, as this current version was designed with more of a focus on Top Down View. Anyway we will keep you posted on the Latest of AGK v2.0.

What I can share right now is that it will be 100% modular, meaning there will be minimal dependencies where each feature of the Game Kit can either be Used or Removed without breaking anything. So for example if you wanted to just use the Game Kit's Player Controller and Scripts you can just pull it out and use it in your project separately outside of the Game Kit. There will be be no dependency on a Game Manager, or Dependency on another other systems. Making this a fully modular plug-in play game kit.

Finally, this is a brand new game kit being coded from scratch, will still be user friendly, easy to use, clean code, will support mechanim, and will need to be purchased separately. Mobile will not be supported at first, but eventually we will chat with Control Freak to help get that working with AGK v2.0 easily as well. We will also consider supporting many other popular Unity Assets so that you are able to Plugin other Assets easily.

We'll take some suggestions from you all on what Unity assets we should support once AGK v2.0 is released.

sayroar likes this.
  11. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

nooo...this is a separate product? i thought u said this going to be an upgrade :(

12. jonkuze

jonkuze

hmmm not sure where I said that, if so it was definitely a typo or something as I'm sure I was always thinking of this to be a separate product. Sorry wish I could do it as an upgrade, but this new version needs a totally new foundation, being coded from scratch. We are not modifying or adding on to AGK v1.0 because it would be way too much work to do so...

Either way it will not be very expensive, it will probably range between $20 - $35. There aren't any other unity assets that provide a good Third Person Controller with Shooting + Melee Combat along with Enemy AI to Fight. So trust me it will be well worth it.

13. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Come on guys ... support the asset devs. It's completely reasonable for it to be a separate product.

14. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

One request from my side. Would it be possible to have enemies that shoot at range but then use melee attacks when the player is up close?

Also, will you leverage nab mesh for enemy movement?

15. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Also, you'll use the new GUI, right?

16. jonkuze

jonkuze

new gui yes ofcoarse... AI that shoots range, and switch to melee, no can't say that will be supported out the box... nav mesh, I believe we will have a simple way point system, we haven't done the AI just yet, but none of it will be too hard coded meaning you should be able to plugin other way point, or navigation systems.

The main goal will be to make it as user friendly as possible for those without programming knowledge to get started, but also make it very flexible so that more experienced developers can plugin other assets easier, customize everything to fit your requirements easier...

17. fabiobh

fabiobh

I'll purchase this new kit. AGK have much code dependencies between scenes, it's hard to work with it.
    I try to use NGUI to create a menu, but it's not an easy task with AGK.

Can't wait to see the new kit.

jonkuze likes this.
  18. jonkuze

jonkuze

Yes new version will be much better! Thanks for support... I'll post a video sneak preview soon as I have some good stuff to show off. Thanks.

19. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Please can you make it mobile friendly this time, you know its going to be asked for.
    Also of course Unity GUI would be best solution to use.
    After all the mobile issues with the first kit I really hope some support with performance will be there

20. jonkuze

jonkuze

We plan to go with Control Freak to Support the Mobile Controls and Make exporting to Mobile Possible.

Performance wise, I think Performance should be good but won't know for certain until we test it with Control Freak and figure out any bugs in the code that could cause performance issues.

Although keep in mind that when AGK 2 is released Mobile may not be supported right away... as I'll need to get in touch with the creator of Control Freak to help us create a Plugin. I don't have an exact date of release just yet, but we're working on it and so far so good. I will definitly post a Preview Video once we have something to show.

21. tequyla

tequyla

Hi,

I bought the package for support you.

What is AGK v2 ? an update of AGK 1.3 ? a separate new package ?

have fun.

++

22. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thanks for Support! Yes AGK v2 is a Separate New Game Kit that will focus on Third Person Shooter / Hack & Slash Gameplay Style.

23. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

24. jonkuze

jonkuze

Wow! Really Nice! I look foward to playing it soon! ^_^

Thanks alot for sharing your game made with AGK!

25. jonkuze

jonkuze

By the way... we are making good progress with AGK v2.0 so look out for updates soon! I don't have anything to showcase just yet, but we'll definitely have some good stuff to showcase very soon! ^_^

26. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

@IllogicalGames: That game looks fantastic! Can't wait to check it out.

27. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

28. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hey guys,

I'm working on a major update to my game, Gun Frenzy, which uses AGK. Some of the things I'd like to add but I'm not 100% sure how to approach are the following:

- Collectables that spawn a turret that shoots at enemies. I'm thinking that I can modify the collectable script to instantiate a turret as a unit. Then in the Ranged AI script, have a "turret" flag that switches the targeting from shooting at the player to shooting at the nearest enemy. After certain amount of time or if the ammo is depleted, the turret destroys itself. Does that sound like a good approach?

- Combo Kills Counter: IllogicalGames ... you seem to have incorporated this. Can you explain at a high level what approach you took?

- Collectables that spawn a Decoy once picked up. Decoys would lure nearby enemies for a time so the player could either get away or shoot them while they're distracted. I'm thinking again to modify the collectable script with a function that toggles something in the movement AI of all units to have them move towards the decoy's transform rather than that of the players. Thoughts?

jonkuze likes this.
  29. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

as for turret, i made a simple script rather than reusing the one that AGK provide. i just make instantiate obj at gunpoint for every 0.5 sec, and make the head to always facing enemy. as for which enemy, i scan all available enemies on scene, and then compare their range to the turret. and the one that is the closes to the turret, is the target, the turret will always facing this enemy. also you can compare the range to certain length to make its "effective radius" (outside this range, the turret will not fire).

as for combo, i add a listener so whenever scr_enemyAI says enemykilled(), ill add an int to the combo, after a period of time, if there is no increment, combo is reset. i use coroutine for this.

jonkuze likes this.
  30. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

if anyone wondering how Dead Hunt looks like with AGK;

31. jonkuze

jonkuze

That's Awesome! Any chance did you use the AI to setup roaming, where the zombies are roaming about and only chase you when you are in-range? If not you could probably set up a nice survival stage maybe with an objective of collecting certain items or something, trying to avoid the zombies, or hunting the zombies instead of trying to run from them lol.

32. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

i did use the ai roaming.actually its more complex to explain.

it works like this, the game have 7 scenes and infinite level(difficulty). whenever player finished level 7, player will continue to scene 1, and level will +1.

at starting level 1, there are 20 zombies per scene, and as the player progress through the levels, the zombie count +1. (at level 100, zombie count = 20 + 100)

starting of each level, the zombie will roam the level randomly, but once the kill count hit the max (no more zombie in pool). All zombies available on scene will be set to viewrange=100. (this makes all zombie chase the player). its like rage mode. while this mode, player will have hard time, but more easier to score combo and chains.

infinite level adds more fun and increase player replay. and also, the player can buy weapons, armor, boots and bullet to enhance the character.

jonkuze likes this.
  33. fabiobh

fabiobh

there's any release date for the new agk?

34. jonkuze

jonkuze

Unfortunately no i'm sorry I don't have a set release date just yet. There are tons of features that are being added to AGK 2, I would say we are probably somewhere between 80%-90% complete... I'm looking forward to sharing a preview video with you all soon enough, but still it's not ready yet to be showcased, but soon... soon...! ^_^

IllogicalGames likes this.
  35. aspire9

aspire9

does the AGK v2 include multiplayer?

36. jonkuze

jonkuze

It just might include Multiplayer, but I don't want to confirm that just yet, I will let you know for sure pretty soon. I know I keep saying we are getting close, I promise we are getting close to completing it and will have something to showcase soon on a brand new thread so look out for that.

37. jonkuze

jonkuze

Update! it seems like the AGK Support Forums have become plagued with Spam Bots. I rarely see anyone posting on that forum anyway and find that people probably could get better support here or by directly sending an email with your support questions. I am going to take down that forum, as I have not done a good job of maintaining it, and i'm not an expert at how to properly secure forums from Spam Bots, so If you have any support related issues please Post them here going foward as I will take down the AGK Forum soon. Thanks!

38. poison77

poison77

Good :) Any news about V2.0 ?

39. JerksOfAmerica

JerksOfAmerica

I'm curious if this current AGK would work for a 2D game or 2.5D game set up with the way you have everything as drag and drop presets. If all the prefabs were premade as sprites, animated and spawned from the "stage 1" set up with the 2D camera on, would it use them correctly or would it just be a bunch of errors? I see there are a lot of options for other 3D characters (plug and play style), but do they have to be 3D? That's my real question?

40. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hmm I don't have much experience with 2D in Unity, so I think you will just have to try it and see if it works out OK. I think with the current setup you could probably do a 2.5D Game by replacing the Character Prefabs with 2D Sprite Characters, I don't see why it wouldn't work... except if the way Sprite Animations are called is very different from the Legacy Animation System (which uses a 3D Character Rig) then I think that's where you might run into some issues... but I don't know for sure as I don't know much about 2D, and honestly don't have the time to test it...

JerksOfAmerica likes this.
  41. mediaticsvc

mediaticsvc

Hi, this asset is very great, thank you for the work !

I just have one question :

How can i add some players in the "player select" scene ?
    I would like to have 4 players in there, is this possible ?

42. wahyuway

wahyuway

Hi, can i use Easy Touch as my mobile controller?
    Do you have exact plan when will version 2 will be released?

43. jonkuze

jonkuze

version 2 is still in development. wish I could showcase it soon but it's still not ready yet. We had some bumps in the road, but we are back on track. We'll keep you all updated for sure.

44. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hmmm, it's been a while since I reviewed the AGK v1.3's code. I'm pretty sure it is, but I can't tell you how exactly off the top of my head. Please send an email to jon@mijikaigames.com and i'll get back to you about it once I Open up the project and review it again, it's been awhile as we have been focused on Development of version 2 and also on our Upcoming MOBA game. Send an email as reminder for me to check into this for you.

45. fabiobh

fabiobh

any news on UAGK 2?

46. jonkuze

jonkuze

Unfortunately there were some issues that came up that I can't really go into details about, but all I can say is there is still development work being done to complete Action Game Kit v2.0. We'll provide updates as soon as we can. Apologies for the on going delays, but as some of you may know being an Indie and trying to develop a good stable product is not easy...

GrrMoo Gamer likes this.
  47. GrrMoo Gamer

GrrMoo Gamer

Hi, I just bought your AGK 1.3 a few days ago, as it fit most my needs, however it seems you no longer care much for this project and have moved on, so I take it getting any new features or upgrades to the V1.X is out of the question...
    That is sad if so...
    as I too would like to have-
    the ability to have a variety of player characters to choose from
    some way to change weapons (in-game) or a basic weapon system [maybe with Inventory]
    and the ability to destroy spawn points (ex. Gauntlet style).
    a way to transition between stages [able to use cutscenes, play videos, and a credit screen]
    I see a lot of potential with this kit, but it still lacks a few 'needed features' [IMHO]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  48. GrrMoo Gamer

GrrMoo Gamer

I also got a fire engine [Simple Fire Engine] I would like to use as it allows for mesh's to catch and spread fire. I guess I wont be able to implement that into this kit at all huh?
    Thanks for reading, and for the kit. Just kind of sad to see you have moved on with it still feeling uncompleted.

if you would like contact me @ grrmoogames@yahoo.com

49. jonkuze

jonkuze

Yes at this time I cannot provide further updates due to many factors... one of the most important factor being my own personal life which i won't get into full details about but like all of us we have our own share of problems we deal with in the real world. I am not single, without responsibilities outside of development work I try to accomplish on my spare time, I have a day job, family to care for, and other things that does not allow me to provide the level of support and updates I would like to do. I can only do what I can do with my limited time and resources... So please understand.

50. MammothINC

MammothINC

Can we download this with the viking fantasy demo?