Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AGK: Action Game Kit (v1.5)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jonkuze, Sep 27, 2013.

1. rickcollette

rickcollette

Woohoo!

2. -u1-

-u1-

WOWEEEEE!! I was gone for a few days and you spring this on us?! what a great valentine days gift.. you really do love us huh!! ;)

Mega Thanks Kuroato you totally made my day!

3. Chance-Touchstone

Chance-Touchstone

YAY!!! Was just about to look into DF-GUI touch controls with AGK. Guess I'll just cross that off my TODO. =D

4. jonkuze

jonkuze

yes you can! Updates coming soon... sorry for delays all busy busy... not easy making a living being an indie... but i guess you guys know that already lol. I'll be in touch.

5. jonkuze

jonkuze

Update! OK guys, so here is the news on Mobile Controls, we waiting for Control Freak's Asset to be Updated on the Asset Store which who knows could take another week or two... then i'll be able to Update UnityAGK on the Asset Store soon after.

The reason for this is because we need to download and import the Latest version of Control Freak which includes some extra modification for UnityAGK, and for the Mobile Controls to be Unlocked and Working.

I'll also need to Submit UnityAGK asset to Asset store soon as well, but we won't have to wait another 2 weeks or so for UnityAGK as I can provide you guys with access to Google Drive share to get Latest version of UnityAGK that will be setup to work with Control Freak's Asset.

So I will keep you posted on the latest as always...

6. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Excellent news, I keep a look out for the controls update then will be in contact once its on the live store

7. Chance-Touchstone

Chance-Touchstone

Awesome! I'm eagerly awaiting this feature. I'm beginning to modify some of the AGK scripts for my own project and hope to get the mobile controls implemented before I make too many script changes of my own because I'm not sure how easy/difficult it may be to merge these changes with the update. (ANXIOUS)

8. jonkuze

jonkuze

UnityAGK v1.3 has been submitted to the Asset Store Today! It may take 2-3 Weeks to get Approved...
    but you can access it now via Google Drive

*If you require access to the Google Drive share, please provide Proof of Purchase Receipt, send to: info@kuroato.com

Version 1.3 includes Script Updates to allow Mobile Support via Control Freak Unity Asset.

Kuroato Media and Dan's Game Tools have Partnered to offer a Mobile Control Plugin for UnityAGK via Control Freak. Users are Required to Purchase and Import Control Freak Asset into UnityAGK Project to Unlock the Mobile Control Plugin Features. Download the Android Demo

$CF.png

Purchase Control Freak Asset:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/11562 (Only $10)

Setup Guide: Follow the Steps provided in the "readme.txt" part of UAGK.unitypackage (Asset Store Version)
    or Watch the Video Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLkyR_TeRyM

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  9. jonkuze

jonkuze

10. Tsinth

Tsinth

I was interested in purchasing this Kit by I was wondering if first you could put together a demo that contains some of the newer features or link me to one that does. Feature's such as the State Timer, Objectives, Character Selector and Boos Fights. I'm very much interested in the Kit but I'd like to see and demo these for myself before a purchase is made.

Thanks,

Tsinth

11. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi Tsinth, I don't have a demo of those newer features, i can't commit to when I can do it just yet because i am so crazy busy, but I will try to update the Demo as soon as I can.

12. -u1-

-u1-

WOOH! its out!! 1.3 is released and i'm toooo busy with my current 2D project to play with it .. gaaaah!!!

Thanks Kuroato! you went beyond the call of duty for us! very much appreciated!! :)

13. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Even i know that you will not develope on this asset anymore i bought it yesterday and looked thrue all the tutorial videos.
    They and the asset is great and i know it is for starters.
    But i have some questions to help me and/or the others to learn more from or for the kit.

At first i hearded you saying that it is only possible to make flat levels so the players and the enemys can only walk on planes.
    If i would try to learn how to programm this so i can use i.e. a normal unity terrain, where should i start and why does it, they way it is now not work?
    Also i would like that the enemys could spawn something and in my example another sort of weapon.
    So at first, is your code useable to do this just by adding some spawn code that i have to learn how to or do you think it must be programmed completly in a new way?
    If it is possible to add this code then i would like that my player will change the weapon if he walks ower the new weapon. I new there is code where i can learn on how to collect things like i.e. points in your example but is it poosible to change the code in your system that the new weapon with i.e. a new fire rate and more power exchange the old one?

Then there is the choose player scene. Do you say it is possible to ad i.e. two more charcters just by changing your code a little bit?
    In my game i want give the player the choice to choose a character with i.e a shotgun or a player with an automatic weapon and he should also can choose if he plays a men or a women.

I do not want that you make all this changes but for me as a still not so good programmer it would be good to know if it can be made by me if i look at your code or if you say, this is to much for me.

And yes, i for sure want that you will do this changes and even more ;) but i know you are grown up to the next level and develope a ne kit with what you learned and do respect that.

14. Nebula9

Nebula9

Following the Control Freak implementation works fine in the editor, but when ported out to iPad the controls revert back to PC Controls. Shows keyboard and mouse png and no mobile controls. Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  15. jonkuze

jonkuze

All of the things you asked about require you to have programming, scripting knowledge to do. In other words, most of what your asking needs to be custom coded into the Game Kit in order to Support all these features your talking about. If you are not a programmer, then it would be best for you to hire someone to get the job the done, but if you need to hire a developer you might as well have him develop the game you want from scratch. You should consider it wisely depending on your requirements and if its worth adding on to this Game Kit or not for your needs.

I may look into adding some more feature you mentioned at a later time, but right now It's not possible. Unfortunately there are some flaws with the Game Kit, and it was my first Game Kit, so I can only apologies for some missing features. It's helped me to learn how to improve my design, I will try to keep making it better overtime when possible.

16. jonkuze

jonkuze

Unfortunately I don't have an iPad to Test with, nor do I have a Mac Computer to Build for iOS. I was only able to Test the Mobile Controls on Android Nexus 7 Tablet on my end... Try to ask Dan (creator of Control Freak) about this Issue here on his Forum, lets see what he as say about it: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/20...-Ultimate-Virtual-Controller-for-Unity-Mobile

17. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Seems there was a release to fix Win8 Mobile issue recently, also Dan just confirmed of the issue as reported buy more than one user.
    Think he is working on a fix, I hope it be a simple task of overriding the existing asset files with new ones once the fix is out.

18. jonkuze

jonkuze

Yes, I just had a an exchange of emails with Dan, he is working on it.

19. JonJon21

JonJon21

So, I really like this engine, but see the above quote. Are there any similar engines that allow for more robust customization, ie down to fundamental gameflow/systems changes, including full action-rpg elements?

There is this (I'm sorry to advertise for a competing product, I have no affiliation with this guy whatsoever):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyJWY410x_4

This may come a bit closer to more frame-balanced combat (or ideally, would allow modification to that point?), and sharp melee collision detection?? But, I wouldn't know? I'm looking for a package that makes it easily modifiable, AND where doing so would be more efficient/cheap than paying someone from scratch.

Thanks to anyone who can help! I will probably drop the $35 on this anyways.

20. jonkuze

jonkuze

I don't mind promotion of other Game Kit's I'd rather people be happy than buy my Game Kit and be upset because it doesn't offer what they expected... I think i guess from my post above but also from the asset description itself UnityAGK pretty much tells you what you can or cannot do with it. One thing that UnityAGK is NOT is very Modular, in other words you can't easily swap parts of the code in and out, alot of the game kit's code is all tied together... So using it to Make a Simple Hack and Slash, or Shooter for any Platform will be Perfect, but if you want or need more complex features unless you have the coding skills as mentioned than it's best hire someone or maybe consider another unity asset...

to be honest I have purchased alot of the other Game Kits myself and I know that most of them are not very easy to use for non-programmers, or without having extensive knowlege of Unity and maybe some scripting knowledge, with the exception PlyGame, Previously knows as UniRPG https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/9694

I have purchased PlyGame and I will be happy to promote it anytime, it's really an amazing Game Kit that really allows you to make a game pretty easily without scripting, but you have to make sure to really review their documentation and videos to understand how to use it as it does have alot of features. Also whats great about is you can easily write more code or features for it through it's own built in Visual Scripting Tools. You still require some understaning of programming to a degree I think to use a Visual Scripting Tool, but it's suppose to be easier than normal scripting.

Hope this Helps...

21. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update!

OK Guys, so I know this has been a long desired feature request of UnityAGK,
    adding "Weapon Swapping between Melee and Guns, and Weapon Pick Up Items"

I just finished chatting with a Developer on my Team who now has more free time to help Update UnityAGK! Soooo that means we should hopefully get some new features much faster now since I have been crazy swapped with other Projects, I haven't had nearly as much time as I would like to spend more time on this.

But with more new features we will have to Raise the Price of the Game Kit! So probably for the Next Update it will go up by $5.00, so if you are just thinking about getting UnityAGK Now, you can save $5 before the Next Update.

We'll keep you posted on the latest progress as always, so stay tuned for this one.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  22. rickcollette

rickcollette

So - how much luck have you had in talking to the dev of that Kit? I actually bought both kits.. Kuroato's is much more visually pleasing for sure, and has ben making it even better. The other dude has been AWOL for some time..

23. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

The fix is described on his thread - updated
    Or we wait for the next update on the asset store
    Cheers

24. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi Nabeel, those controllers have not been tested with UnityAGK so I am not sure if it will work very easily or not...

25. thedreamer

thedreamer

I play demos.. this is great

and I have two question

1) about controller

Generally hack and slash game have point and click system
    point and click monster.. attack monster
    point and click terrain. . Character move
    but UnityAGK Demo have move key and attack key(click).. this is good.. but I also want all the controls by one click(one touch) only mouse click can move and attack monster is this possible?

2) Character change

During the playing game I want to change character.. This system is available?

26. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hi Kuroato,

Been following another unrelated thread to this: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/231713-Can-t-Get-Past-30-FPS-(
    I was wondering any tips from this to share for this kit. I have not tested on older mobile devices but of course as mobile is limited,
    would need to tweak some settings to squeeze all the performance I can.

Thank you.

PS. Will start testing on mobile devices maybe today or tomorrow.

Cheers

27. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi thedreamer, well there are different types of hack and slash, the hack and slash your talking about is more like Action RPG / Hack and Slash, Diablo Style Point and Click. UnityAGK does not support this currently, but maybe for a future update as it is a cool idea. So thanks for bringing this up.

Character change at Runtime, no there is no way to do this easily now, but possibly in the next update, because we are planning Weapon Swapping and Weapon Pickups, which one way we could handle this is by destorying current player character prefab and swapping with another. But more info on this later once we have this feature working.

28. jonkuze

jonkuze

I would say try using this asset: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/8748, as this is what I used to decrease my draw calls from static game objects in the scene, but only works if the models are similar and use same textures.

Baking Shadows, or don't use Shadows at all...

Quality Settings i'm not so sure about for Mobile as I have not really tried to Build alot for Mobile and Optimize Textures and Graphic Quality, but obviously Lower Settings are Better, but just play with them until you get the right balance between Performance and Quality. I probably wouldn't be able to give the correct Quality Settings to use because it all depends on your Game.

Finally there is the Occlusion Culling that I actually never got working properly for my current Game Project CoinRPG. I was trying to use an asset for this called InstantOC Dynamic Occlusion Culling: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/6391 I have not tested with UnityAGK so not sure if it will work or help at all... but if you have Unity PRO which i don't, then you don't need this, Unity PRO has built in Occlusion which I would love to use.

29. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks for the reply Kuroato, I will try this asset: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/5017
    Bit expensive but I will need this for another project also.

How is everyone finding the mobile controls so far on iOS?
    Anyone created a mobile game and published it, wish to see feedback from other users?

30. jonkuze

jonkuze

Quick Update!

Just a minor update, we have already begun making some progress with Weapon Swap Feature. We will have a new option for the Player Characters where you can easily define in the inspector, multiple different weapon types that a single player can use and swap between during gameplay. More details to come as we move along... = )

31. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Quick question, where is the text located for the mouse controls on the load screen.
    I assume its a image file, but when compiling to mobile it becomes distort, so need change the setting from GUI to Texture or vice versa.

32. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hi all,

I also been doing some performance tests on my project (although my project is different to yours, some how I think most of us have similar game setups and the performance on mobile will only be slight difference unless you have optimized specifically. )

If you check this link: http://browser.primatelabs.com/ios-benchmarks
    The iPhone 4 and 4s is currently a no go - Very slow speed and loading times.
    I have tested on 5s and perfect performance as well as the older iPad Mini and this performed was good also.

Edit: Removed below comments, please ignore.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  33. jonkuze

jonkuze

Assets\Resources\Textures\GUI\TEX_controls_mobile.png

try editing the image in photoshop and see if you get different results on mobile.

34. jonkuze

jonkuze

Regarding Optimization for Mobile, there is not much else we could do besides try to Update the Code to Work better on Mobile, but Tweaking the Code alone will not fully offer you the Optimization you may be looking for. Each Developer has the responsibility to Optimize his Own Project, not sure what other Optimization your looking for besides Code Tweaking, as that's all we could possibly do. But honestly I think the code is pretty clean and optimized already. So if your getting Bad Performance on Some Mobile Devices you need to Optimize your Project more, that's not really our responsibility. I'm sure if you just replace all of your Assets with Primitive Cubes, No Environment or Lighting, just a Simple Plane and Move to Move around your Mobile Builds will FLY! on any device... which is a pure indication that you need to optimize your project more... and there is nothing more to do on the Code side of things.

Regarding Group Vote, I don't think thats needed as I have already seen many times people asking for Weapon Swapping Feature, so there has already been a vote over time for the feature... along with Mobile Controls Request.

While I have expressed many times the Mobile was not something I specialized in or planned to Support, we all have to the see the Mobile Controls as a special Gift and Plus to the Game Kit as it was never intended to be a Mobile Game Kit from that start. That's why I partnered with Dan so he can help with that. I'm doing my best to make everyone happy but that's not easy to do...

35. jonkuze

jonkuze

Also i just want to add i find it very sad that you are saying the above in the way your saying with such a negative tone, while I have done alot to try and support you with UnityAGK.

you are saying Customers want Mobile Optimization and Tweaks, but I only just released an Update with Mobile Controls, but yet you are the only person so far who is requesting this... so not sure where you are gathering your Data from and making the such statements "that your not sure how long this project will live for" based on data that doesn't even exist.

36. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Apologies, I didn't mean to sound negative and please let me fix this by erasing my comment from the text.
    I think in my rush type I might have given the wrong attitude, anyway I understand what you are saying.
    Listen I thank you for all the help you have done and its all good, this is my mess up with the above comments.
    Therefore will not further comment un-necessarily, I think I was just trying to boost more discussion from other users but didn't work.

Once again no way I'm being negative or ungrateful, waited long time for mobile controls so all good.

37. jonkuze

jonkuze

no worries, hopefully you can get some feedback from others regarding their experience.

38. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hi, just bought the kit and am playing around with it. I don't have any good run and shoot animations on my models. Is there an easy way to have the unit stop moving when it shoots in the same way as a melee unit can be forced to only attack when stationary?

39. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Sorry ... ignore my question. For some reason, I thought the Stand Shoot flag was on the melee character script and not on the ranged character script. I see now that it's on the character controller script instead and applies to either unit type.

Great kit ... I'll be going through this in more detail over the next few days but I like what I'm seeing so far.

Any idea how difficult it would be to convert the current GUI to NGUI to save on draw calls?

40. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Cheers, No need to edit the image, just change the image texture properties e.g. to "GUI" and is now clear on mobile.

Also is there a way to rename the "QUIT" Button from the Pause menu, couldnt find in the scripts?

Just a heads up to everyone, apple rejects applications with such options as they may be confused that this will terminate the app.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  41. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I'll need to build a screen to select the level to play and save the levels that have been unlocked by the player's progress. I imagine I would do that using playerprefs. Is there anything special that should be kept in mind for that? Can I create a level select screen after the character select screen and just have it do Application.LoadLevel() to play the appropriate level?

42. Gunhi

Gunhi

How can do Touch-To-move control? and Touch on Enemies then Player go to there and attack?

43. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thanks for the Tip! = )

Regarding Renaming QUIT, sure you can find the Prefab for that Text Button here:

Assets\Resources\Objects\Gui\_Option\Option_PausedExit

No need to Edit Scripts to Change any GUI Text or Labels, everything should be found in the Asset Folder under GUI \ Option or Texture Folders.

44. jonkuze

jonkuze

You can always load a totally different Scene after the Player Select Scene, as after the Player Select Scene it simply Loads Stage 1.

Stage 1 could be replaced with a Load Level Scene, but we don't have a Save or Unlock Function Built-in. So you would need to do some re-coding of how the Load Level Works to look something like this:

Player Select Scene > Load Level Scene >Load Stage 1 > Return to Load Level Scene > Load Stage 2 or Replay Stage 1

I don't think it will be too difficult to recode, but still might be tricky when it comes to save / unlocking stages. I can't think of anything special to keep in mind for you on this one. Good Luck... this may be another feature for us to consider for future update so thanks for bringing it up.

Regarding Convert to NGUI, im sorry don't have any experience with NGUI, so I can't say how hard it would be.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  45. jonkuze

jonkuze

I'm sorry there is no Touch to Move Control Support, only Keyboard or Mobile Joystick Controls. I think it may be possible but you'll need to code this yourself, I don't have an easy solution for you regarding this type of controls.

46. rickcollette

rickcollette

Two small things - and this is due to me getting a little crazy with font replacement.

First - anyone ever have an issue like this:
    "Font size and style overrides are only supported for dynamic fonts."

Second (and more importantly) - I changed a lot of the fonts, and now the points and the timer don't show up at all.. the text does, but not the points of timer...
    any ideas where I can look to see what I borked? :)

47. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hi guys,

Just a quick note that I added limited ammo and reload functionality to the game with a few lines of code. I had the character reload automatically as part of the roll process in order to keep the pace of the game fast. If anyone wants the code, let me know ... I was surprised how easy it was to implement. The existing code is very easy to understand and well documented.

Raj

48. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Please can you PM me the code, wish to see how your version feels like.

Also on which platform you will release this on?

49. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Sure ... PM sent.

I'll release my version for now on Windows 8 store as an experiment. I'll probably then work on making a mobile friendly version. For that, I'll need to crunch down my models a lot more and create a new GUI using NGUI, I suspect.

50. rickcollette

rickcollette

Sweet! Me too please :)