Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AGK: Action Game Kit (v1.5)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jonkuze, Sep 27, 2013.

1. jonkuze

jonkuze

1. no currently you can't put more than 1 boss, as in... you can't fight say 10 normal enemies, then spawn 2-3 bosses NO, but you can setup an additional boss fight stage with stronger enemies (as many as you want to spawn) after the player defeats all normal enemies of the previous stage.

2. no multiplayer feature will ever be supported on this game kit

3. no currently the only officially supported objectives are the "#1. kill all enemies, #2. defeat boss, #3. explore and find exit portal to next stage"... sorry there is not more, but this does not mean you can't get creative with it and add more to the game kit yourself through additional scripting.

4. when you say background are you referring to the stage (map) environment? you don't really need any system to create stages, if you know how to position objects in Unity there is no reason you can't create your own stages easily by importing, drag and dropping assets into place to create your level. The Tile Ed Asset only makes that process alittle easier i think... maybe you can try:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/3201 or this one: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/11698

but i have not tested these so i don't know how good they are...

2. Aguy

Aguy

Thanks you 2 for the answers. u1, you might not be Kuroato but obviously you've used the AGK and have good knowledge of it.

No multiplayer ever? Ok. Something not too earth shattering.

Mapping isn't my strong suit so need all the help I can get :)

3. jonkuze

jonkuze

Well No Multiplayer at least Not for this Kit, Future Game Kit yes possibly lol! I'm am working on a Multiplayer RPG Game using Photon Cloud, I didn't plan to release the Source as Game Kit, but I may possibly do it in the near future once the Game is Complete. Although it may not be very user friendly... that's the only down side. I'll release more info on that at another time.

4. rickcollette

rickcollette

all im waitin' on is the mobile support for agk :)

5. -u1-

-u1-

Kuroato has been great with adding features to this kit.. so who knows what he might surprise us with ;)

I kind of know this kit well because when I first saw it.. I was floored with the possibilities it could do.. so when I first got it.. I tested it out with different ideas and see what can and can't work.. which really.. if you guys go deep into it.. you'll see yourself the potential it has.

Multiplayer in terms of deathmatch might be difficult.. but CO-OP is something i'm toying around with at the moment myself.. I'll post with any updates if somehow I manage to make this work.. I'm not heavy into programming.. just know enough to make things work and to break them a lot but I have help from other programmers whom I might 'FORCE' their help to make it work... who knows lol.

p.s.

Mobile support works.. not fully done bugging it.. or optimizing it fully ..but it works I can tell you that! :D

6. rickcollette

rickcollette

Oh yeah.. no doubt there.

Please note that the following is only related to adding in unofficial mobile controller support from a third party - the AGK does work perfectly as it was intended. I tested mobile support with the plugin from his forums, and yes - technically it does work; however on certain android devices (I have only tested with Samsung Galaxy 1, 3, 4, Nexus(new), Nexus 1 (original), and a cheap droid tablet I had laying around - so not a full test) it has a hellish memory leak somewhere that will freeze the device and eventually cause the device to reboot. On the iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, ipad2, iPad3 , it does not have the same effect of rebooting or freezing, but the memory for the app gets used up completely.

7. jonkuze

jonkuze

hmmmm so arrested, it sound like you have been testing this already on Mobile Devices with poor results...

See this is part of the main reason why i have been very hesitant about supporting Mobile. Because I honestly can't deal with all the bugs and issues that comes with it... this Game Kit was not intented to be for Mobile. So I wouldn't be able to offer you or anyone a future update that is fully compatible with all mobile devices bug free... as it seems you have already been experiencing...

I am and have moved on to some new Projects 2 New Games in Development, and 1 New Third Person Shooter Game Kit that will probably be released sometime in late February or March, and potentially a Not so User Friendly Multiplayer RPG Kit. So as you can see I have alot on my hands...

I know it sounds like I am doing alot, and not fully developing one product to be the best it can be... it's totally understandable if anyone has that perception of me... but I am 100% honest about my work and what i'm providing.

I never intended to Support Mobile on UnityAGK, the only thing I can offer is Mobile Controls potentially by integrating an inexpensive Mobile Control Solution, but besided that... the actual testing of multiple devices as it seems you have already done and reporting poor results... makes me feel like it may not be worth my time to even add Mobile Controls, as you and many others are probably looking for Optimization that will allow this Game Kit to be used to build games for Mobile that work Flawlessly....

in that case, i would have to say... I can't honestly provide support for something like that because I'm so damn busy with other projects that I have moved on to, and again UnityAGK was not intended for Mobile so it's not surprising that you got those poor results...

If you guys still think I should move foward with looking into adding Mobile Controls, then OK, but regarding the actual Performance and Optimization for this work as best as Possible on Mobile, I can't honestly Commit to Providing that kind of support right now.

Please share your thoughts.... thanks

8. jonkuze

jonkuze

NOTE: Moving on to new projects does not mean I will not continue to support UnityAGK ofcoarse I will... I will continue to support it and help people to make good use of it for Browser or PC Games. But for Mobile, I can't promise too much...

9. -u1-

-u1-

That's interesting.. I have tested it on the New nexus 5 and both nexus 7 tablets.. also the LG MOTION phone and a few friends tested on there iphones.. can't say we did a full test just an overall feel of performance and response and we were impressed with it initially. I'll get into it more and see how things go.. but thanks for the heads up.. this should make me do more intensive testing! :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  10. -u1-

-u1-

oh good.. you almost made us stop breathing there for a minute!! kidding! :D

11. -u1-

-u1-

Just crossed my mind.. what version of opengl did you use to publish? ES 2.0 or 3.0? I had a similar problem on another app and turned out it was the publish settings Of course 2.0 is better for overall compatibility but you lose some of the 3.0 features.. Also remember that some processors aren't Unity friendly as anything older than ARMv7 can get buggy.

12. rickcollette

rickcollette

I would actually like to give Easy Touch a shot to see if it will work with this.. i was holding off because I had asked at one point if mobile would be supported and you mentioned it would be..

As for u1's statement about which OpenGL - ill look to see what I did.. that could be the issue..

EDIT: OpenGL ES 2.0

13. -u1-

-u1-

Ok that eliminates that sadly.. do you know which devices had the reboot/memory leak or was it all the ones you listed?
    Also any luck with the newer version of unity possibly? since now the kit should work with 4.3 maybe bugs worked out?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  14. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Guys please listen up, I tested the project on iPhone 5s and worked fast in terms of performance,as I clearly mentioned in my post, the code I put on forums for unofficial iOS was for controls only and said it was buggy and reasons why.

Originally I pushed for a mobile controls release, note I did not mention anything about making the project mobile friendly.
    Its totally different thing, I know it will require performance tweaks, but as long as the main concept and controls are working then its up to us to tweak it.

The unofficial control version I posted on the forums was to give a idea and hope someone will help out, otherwise I look for new developer and have to pay them to edit and hack the code.

Version 1.2 of the kit has additional features I like and tweaks, dont wish miracles from it as its a simple starters kit. I don't think there is much more one can add to it.

Listen if you really want mobile controls, I try and see the scripts from this: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/10043
    It similar

Regards,
    MrEsquire

15. rickcollette

rickcollette

Yep - I am *pretty* sure I was clear that that was the intention: "Please note that the following is only related to adding in unofficial mobile controller support from a third party - the AGK does work perfectly as it was intended."

No doubt there... My point was pretty much exactly that;

I mistook this:

to mean mobile ready. My bad.

Anyway.. this is supposed to be a support thread for AGK, not "What I personally want someone to go off and do for me for free", so I'll stop whining about it :)

16. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thats true, I just wanted make clear there is some confusion now between mobile controls and "mobile support". If we have mobile controls, it does not mean it will work correctly on mobile as its not fully mobile supported, I dont expect Author to do this as it be much work. I just want the simple controls to work..Anyway I will investigate this again when I have some more time

17. -u1-

-u1-

Thanks for sharing! like you said in the previous post.. its up to us to tweak it and make it work. I still believe this has the ability to be mobile as long as the effort is put in it to make it work..

Thanks for updating us again!

18. rickcollette

rickcollette

+1 - I totally agree with this.. my plan was to spend some time on it, at least for the android side, and see what I can make happen.

19. jonkuze

jonkuze

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  20. -u1-

-u1-

Thanks Kuroato! I was actually checking it out today.. please let us know your input on it.. it does seem interesting and cheap.

21. rickcollette

rickcollette

that was an awesome find.. i just picked it up..

22. -u1-

-u1-

How is it so far.. when I saw it on my RSS feed.. I was this close to logging into paypal. lol

23. rickcollette

rickcollette

dunno :) just plugged it into AGK.. then I ran it on a galaxy s4 to see if it would crash.. no memory leak.. no crash.. now i need to link the controls to the player.. this may "just work"

EDIT: I followed the instructions in the quick start to no avail.. It is going to require a little bit of tweaking, but I do have pretty good feelings about this one...

24. -u1-

-u1-

ooh nice! sounds very promising!

Thanks for the update!

25. jonkuze

jonkuze

sorry guys i haven't gotten around to it yet, but i promise i will soon as possible and will provide a Tutorial video on it as well.

arrested_games seems to be making some progress pretty fast there lol! so who knows he may post a video before me haha.

I looked at a couple of different mobile assets, and even wasted some cash on a different one sometime ago, but i think this "Control Freak" will get the job done for us. = )

I like it because it has alot of options for a low price, but also testing the demos it shows that it's good quality, and the scripts required to set it up is much less work than other mobile assets in my opinion.

26. -u1-

-u1-

Words from the grandmaster himself.. makes this sound really promising!! :D

27. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Bought the kit also, I guess its only a matter of time, who be first to ave a stable build working.

28. rickcollette

rickcollette

Probably not me :) I'm heads down trying to get a game out the door for monday :)

29. -u1-

-u1-

Wish I could answer that.. just stuck finishing a 2D game atm .. haven't hit the action kit game yet with my crew.

30. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Well I hope we can wrap this project up soon, I also not do anything but waiting mainly.
    I'm waiting for mobile controls then will ask Kuroato to do some tweaks for me (via his paid service) to update my current game to 1.2
    As I don't see much hype apart from us guys I really hope he can wrap this up, I'm surprised he has decided to start a new bigger project
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/220313-TGK-TPS-Game-Kit
    Although this will probably be more profitable, fair play :)

UnityAGK is a nice project for beginners and quick games, personally its becoming very hard to even come up with a game that people will like and wish to buy, althought games can be build with AGK, I believe most people trying to use the kid to make small game to sell on one of the many stores.
    I would not suggest pouring money into such a project but rather one wait for TPS Game Kit as I believe these type of games are becoming very popular.

31. jonkuze

jonkuze

Well, I make a living from Game Development Stuff, so starting a new project shouldn't be surprising to anyone really... it's simply a matter of I have a brand new idea i'd like to invest in. And yes, UnityAGK was really meant for beginners... it's not very flexible as when you try to create something easy to use for people sometimes you have to give much less options in order to get the simplicity and ease of use. But that's not the case with say UniRPG, i think that's an awesome Asset and really easy to use and you can create a Full Game with it, and offers alot of features. The creator (developer) behind UniRPG is obviously way more experienced than I am, and I have no problem admitting that. But you can even see that even he had many Assets, many different Projects, most of which have not sold nearly as well as UniRPG! So when you make a living from creating things, you need to keep on creating and investing in your new ideas....

Although I do understand that the more you invest in something, the better it might become, but truth is... UnityAGK from the start was designed to be for Beginners and was never intended to be a big Game Kit with Tons of Features. While my new project TPS Game Kit, I am aiming to create something bigger, still will try to aim for ease of use, but because I'm Supporting Mechanim and many other features, it may be more complex overall and probably is better for those who have way more experience with unity in comparison to UnityAGK.

32. jonkuze

jonkuze

And I do apologies for the delay with the mobile controls guys, but as I have been always honest and upfront with you, this Game Kit was not intended for Mobile... So forgive me for the delays, but yes I am very very busy...

I will get around to it as soon as I can.

33. Dotta4

Dotta4

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in getting this kit and have been looking at the videos on setting it up. I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I notice in the character set up video that you say if your player character has not got running and attacking animations that you can tick "standing attack" on the script so that he'll freeze to attack. However from what I can tell if your NPC say for example a monster who has no running and attacking animations, you don't have an option to set them for standing attack and using a non running attacking animation will not look right. So my question is, how can this be fixed or what would need to be changed so the npc does not use running and attack animations? Would simply leaving in a running animation look ok?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

34. -u1-

-u1-

Well not sure I clearly get your question, but I think if you mean the animation itself won't look good.. then that would mean its the animation's fault and not the Kit. Most 'Legacy' animations in the asset store have default walk-run-attack-hit-damage and death animations that almost all work with this kit. I have a few models that I tested .. and they had no running animation so I just run as the animation itself or sometimes just attack animation and so far it all looks good. I highlighted this last part as I think it's what your referring to. I can confirm that you don't have to have running attack or rolling attack animations to make it work as my tests came out pretty good looking.

Hope that helps.

35. jonkuze

jonkuze

hey Dotta, actually all the enemies don't use a run+attack animation, that's only an option for the Player. All enemies will chase you and stop for a moment to attack, both for ranged or melee enemies.

36. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Kuroato dont give up dude, You have a good talent for Unity3d - clear in your work so far, sooner or later your figure this out.

37. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update! OK Guys check it out... I have been chatting with the Creator of Control Freak Mobile Controls Asset: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/11562 and if all goes as planned we should have a separate Exclusive Control Freak Plugin for UnityAGK.

Since I never really intended to include Mobile Support for this Asset, I have offered Control Freak creator the Right to Resell Part of UnityAGK's Scripts, Modified to Fully Support Integration of Control Freak's Mobile Controls.

So in other words, Control Freak may include the Plugin as Part of his Control Freak Asset, or possibly as a Separate Plugin Asset on the Asset Store for UnityAGK. I will keep you posted on the Latest, but so far so good...

38. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

So i have bought his and your asset and now have to buy a new one from him that will work with yours!?

39. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi RandAIThor, Please note I never told anyone here to go Purchase Control Freak's Asset, I did mention that I was planning to integrate his asset, but this is not at all an Official Statement of me saying "you should go buy it now in order to get mobile support on UnityAGK"

on another note i'm still in process of working out the details for how the mobile plugin support will be handled, i think it may end being only a matter of you purchasing his Asset (which you have done already), and UnityAGK will include some modified scripts that allow for easy intergration. That is the ideal way to go it seems...

I stated the above as a possiblity not what will actually happen... still work-in-progress

40. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Any time estimate on delivery from the author?

41. rickcollette

rickcollette

I have actually used the control freak controls in other areas... I love it and it was 10$. I never would have gone for them if it hadn't been pointed to by kuroato. I AM NOT A NUMBER. I AM A FREE MAN! :)

42. jonkuze

jonkuze

well last update was on the 22nd, he is working on it, but it's alittle slow as he is also very busy with some other projects, or life matters as most of indie's are... it's hard to sqeeze in all this work. I'll keep you posted of the latest for sure.

43. danneskjold

danneskjold

Hi...

Anyone managed to use control freak with UnityAGK successfully? just bought both :)

regards
    danneskjold

44. jonkuze

jonkuze

Official Support for it is still work in progress... so stay tuned for updates.

45. danneskjold

danneskjold

thanx kuroato ... can't wait to see UnityAGK on mobiles !!!

i know you have a long list of additions :) .. heres another one ..

Allow player to enter his name, so we can show player names in the High Scores..

am going to try to integrate score uploads to Facebook , ill post here if i can do that..

regards
    danneskjold

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  46. jonkuze

jonkuze

cool man thanks for the suggestion, and yea that would be cool if you can do something with Facebook would love to see your progress with that. = )

Regarding Mobile Controls:
    sorry guys, Mobile Controls not complete yet... almost there, i actually just had a chance to do some testing and it seems pretty nice, runs very smoothly on my Nexus 7 - Android Tablet. I will keep you posted on the latest, so far looking good.

47. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks for the news update, let us know if you need to test on different devices.
    I have iphones, blackberry,android phones, windows phone etc.

48. rickcollette

rickcollette

Ditto - I also have some craptastic android devices (to get some baselines), good droid devices, iOS thingies, a Sinclair ZX Spectrum, and an atari 800xl :) I'm super excited about the mobile controls.

49. -u1-

-u1-

WAAAAH!! That's ancient!! I wrote my first basic program on that!! lol

50. jonkuze

jonkuze

$mobile.png

Latest Update! Mobile Controls are just about Complete, Just need to Polish it up, Package it, and Provide a New Tutorial Video on how to Setup Mobile Controls with Control Freak Asset and we should be ready to update UnityAGK. ETA, hmmm I'm pretty sure you all will get it before the end of the Month. I don't want to commit to a set date just yet and disappoint anyone, so take this Screenshot as a good teaser of the work in progress! = )

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014