Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AGK: Action Game Kit (v1.5)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jonkuze, Sep 27, 2013.

1. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi guys and gals... Not sure how many of you are still following this Thread lol! but if so, for those that are... I just want to provide Update!

Honestly, Updates will be sloooooow to come right now... I was Hoping to Complete an Update this Week, but as an Indie Developer/Publisher, Married, and as a Father trying to make it in this tough industry, and trying to take care of a family being 100% Full-Time Indie is Not an Easy Task! So I hope you Understand and can hang in there with me.

I will definitely keep Supporting UnityAGK, I just have some other Projects that are Priority right now. I'm sure you can understand. Thanks all.

2. peanutt

peanutt

All good mate...still following.

3. -u1-

-u1-

All good Kurato! we all actually prefer you take a bit longer and work out the bugs than a fast bugged release.

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

+1 Agreed, currently no rush rather all stable..

5. jonkuze

jonkuze

thanks for support guys! = ) i'll will definitly try to wrap up updates for a new version release on 4.3.1 soon as possible.

6. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update! OK, so we now have Player Selection Working! = )

You can now Load a Player Selection Scene in-between Levels to switch between 2 different characters, 2 different player skins, or switch between melee or ranged weapons, all depending how you want to setup the player selection options.

Note: this has not been released on the Unofficial Updates Thread as I am planning to immediately add this to the next version of UnityAGK coming soon, which will also include most of the previous Feature Updates all in one package. So stay tuned....

7. -u1-

-u1-

OOOH.. that's a huuge plus!! thanks Kuroato! really looking forward to the new update!

8. jonkuze

jonkuze

I hope to have this ready and submitted to the Asset Store by next week, plus i'll need to update documentation for this player select thing along with all other updates.

9. rickcollette

rickcollette

I can totally relate to the parent/full time work/holiday/etc..

any chance we'll see this working on mobile? :) iOS seems ok with the mobile controller addon from your website (unofficial addon, I think) - sort of freezes android...

NOTE to anyone reading: What im asking about is not officially supported currently; this package works REALLY well when used how it was designed :) ..

10. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi there, regarding Mobile yes! I want to add Mobile Support for sure! that will probably be what I look into next after I wrap up this next Update Release on the Asset Store. But because I'm so crazy busy with other projects and only one guy... it's hard for me to say when... but I want to add support for mobile for sure.

11. jonkuze

jonkuze

UnityAGK v1.2 will be submitted to the Unity Asset Store very soon! Here is a List of the Upcoming Features.

Version 1.2 Features:
    - Boss Fight Objective
    - Stage Transition through Portals
    - Stage Timer Option
    - Display Stage Objectives
    - Camera View Option for each Stage
    - Earn Points from Collectable Items
    - Added Enemy Death FX
    - Player Select Option (2 types)
    - Supports Unity 4.3.1

Note: I have already complete the Update, but before Submitting to the Unity Asset Store I just need to Test it Fully for Bugs! Stay tuned for the Latest. Thanks all...

12. rickcollette

rickcollette

Woohoo! Excellent!

13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Kuroato a short question. Is it possible to set your awesome asset to first-person? Or is only third-person possible?

Thanks!

14. rickcollette

rickcollette

You could always move the camera view to just above the players head, I imagine...
    Its the mobile stuff im waiting for :)

15. wmgcata

wmgcata

Can we also add some boss mechanics ourselves? Like have a stage with a boss only with a lot of health who does special abilities?

Will there ever be multiplayer support?

16. -u1-

-u1-

NICE!! can't wait for it! but yeah take your time to bug it.. will save you a headache of hearing us complain :p

Mega thanks Kuroato!

17. jonkuze

jonkuze

You can definitely play with the Camera Values to get a First Person View, but I doubt it will be very good because this Kit was Not Designed for FPS, so you may need to edit the code to get the best Results, such as Updating the Movement Code to Fit FPS Style.

18. jonkuze

jonkuze

Well you can definitely Create a single Scene / Stage that ONLY spawns a Boss to Fight, all you need to do is Spawn 1 Single Enemy but make sure that Enemy is Scaled maybe to bigger Size to Look like a Boss, and Increase the Boss Aggressiveness, and Higher Health Points.

As far as Special Abilities for the Boss... NO Unfortunately the Combat System is very Basic, Limited to Melee Attacks or Ranged Shooting Attacks. I can't say when or if I will Update the Combat System anytime soon, but I think if you are a bit creative with it, you can figure something out.

Multiplayer Support, NO currently I have no Plan for Multiplayer, but we never know what the future may hold, it is a cool idea.

19. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thanks! I think we should be ready to submit by sometime next week, trying to stay true to my word and deliver before the end of the year lol.

20. wmgcata

wmgcata

Yea, thanks for the reply. One more thing though. Can the enemy switch weapons after a certain amount of time to swap between ranged and melee attacks?

21. jonkuze

jonkuze

No Unfortunately, Weapon Swapping is Not Supported Currently at Runtime (during Gameplay).

Due to the design of the Game Kit I would need to recode lots of things in order to allow for weapon swapping at runtime. But in the meantime I have given you guys the ability to Select Character, so you can actually choose between a Melee or Ranged Player Character before the Start of Stage/Level (so this could kinda act as a Weapon Swap Menu Also).

I hope to continue adding to the Game Kit over time, so supporting Weapon Swaps at Runtime (during Gameplay) is something I'll keep on my To Do List.

22. wmgcata

wmgcata

Ah I see. I can't seem to find the character selection anywhere. Wasn't that an update for 1.2 which is not released yet?

PS : Just upload 1.2 to the Asset Store already! We will look for the bugs for ya! ;-)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  23. jonkuze

jonkuze

LOL! yes sorry about that... yes coming soon! NO NO can't just rush and submit, I have multiple projects i'm working on... i need as miminal amout of support (bug fix) request emails from you guys as possible lol! so it's better to get it right, rather than have a bunch of people angry about a broken game kit.

24. wmgcata

wmgcata

I've been experimenting with the package and I've got a few request/questions.

- The enemy will not attack AT ALL if you keep hitting them. This is pretty ridiculous, right? When you're downing a boss it's just a matter of time to take down it's health. You should find a way for us to choose wether we want enemies to get interrupted when they get hit or only sometimes. Like a % chance?

- Is there any method that could be implemented to change the difficulty? A player can set the difficulty through the options. This changes the enemies damage, health and player health/damage.

- Could there be a way to have like the ability to choose what stage you want to play again? Some sort of menu that displays all the stages and when you've completed a stage once, you can do it again. Some sort of save-and-load function?

- How can I set the camera to a 90° top-down view? I've been playing with the camera settings, but nothing seems to work. I'd like the camera to be positioned right on top of the player. I've read that v1.2 will have camera view options for each stage, will this be possible then?

- Is it possible to add some kind of energy system that lowers whenever the player performs a dodge? Because at the moment you could roll infinitely without taking any damage at all. Let's say you got like 100 energy, and a roll drains 30 energy each time and you regenerate 5 energy every second. You could roll 3 times before you have to wait a few seconds to roll again.

Thanks

Tim

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  25. jonkuze

jonkuze

those a alot of questions lol! but i will do my best to answer them all in full detail as soon as I can... I'll return soon probably by Monday to give you a good response. Chat soon, (its the weekend, and i need to rest abit too much work, brain exploding lol) regards.

26. wmgcata

wmgcata

Sure man, take your time.

Tim

27. rickcollette

rickcollette

I can point you in a good direction for these -

Energy bar: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/7515
    You still need to add your code in for the roll subtracting energy, dodges costing, etc.. but with the existing code being commented as well as it is, I am sure this would be easy to add in.

Level/Stage Manager: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/10070
    This one has worked really well for me, and the guy writing it is awesome. A couple of lines of code and you should be all set. this level manager also does the storyline style with a map.. kinda neat.

28. wmgcata

wmgcata

Yea well, I don't really want to spend another 55$, but thanks anyways!

29. jonkuze

jonkuze

OK, for this issue you should try increasing the Enemy Aggression to 5, if you look under Enemy AI Component you should be able to change this Value to 5 to make the Enemy more Aggressive!

Second, you may want to Disable, or Lower the Player Melee or Bullet Force (this is what pushes the Enemy Back). So for Melee Player Attacks, you will find Force Value under Melee Component (script), and for Ranged Player Attacks, you will need to find OBJ_bullet (prefab) and adjust the Force Value there to prevent the Enemies from being Pushed back, and this helps them become more aggressive.

No there is no Option built in that allows for this... and honestly there would not be a way for me to do this really because I have no clue how anyone is going to configure their game, for example you need to define each enemy individually with their Health, Attack Style, and Aggression Level. Then you will go to each stage and determine for yourself what enemies to spawn on that Level / Stage. There is no way for me to apply a Global Function that Makes all of your Enemies Easier or Harder Fight Against. Maybe there is a way to do something like this, but hmmm that would require alot of time and planning to get it right in my opinion. It would not be something I can say I plan to do.

Currently I don't have a system like this I can put in place, i'm not 100% sure if this is something I will add in the future but I can definitely keep that in mind, it is a good idea. But think you should look into "arrested_game" suggested Assets! That might work for you.

You can configure the camera to 90 Degree for Top Down View for sure... Please review the Camera Tutorial I explain this there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnIL_lRnXJs

sounds like a good idea, I can't provide the solution right now... but possibly in the near future. I will keep this in mind for sure.

Just some suggestions, it sounds like you have alot of ideas for maybe a particular game you have in mind with certain features... Unfortunately No Game Kit will provide you with everything you need, so at some point or another you will be left with hiring a developer to add the features, buying other assets and scripts to plugin, and or learning the actual scripting required to implement your ideas. Really there is no way around it... no matter what Game Kit you use you may hit a wall at some point, and the Author of the Game Kit probably may not be able to provide all those features you need right away, if not ever... So take what you can from Game Kits and take advantage of lot of the code that is already written for you and learn from it! it's the best way to reach you goal in the long run... no short cuts with Game Development.

30. jonkuze

jonkuze

OK, so I'm hoping to wrap up the next update by Friday and get it Submitted to Asset Store! I will keep you all posted, hope you are enjoying the holiday break! :)

31. jonkuze

jonkuze

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  32. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Are you going to email us the google drive link?

33. jonkuze

jonkuze

34. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

35. -u1-

-u1-

Nice! I can't wait to play with it!

Thanks Kuroato!

36. rickcollette

rickcollette

very very cool. what are the plans for mobile? :)

37. jonkuze

jonkuze

that's next up on my to do list! :D

38. rickcollette

rickcollette

And that makes me happier than a bird with a french fry.

39. -u1-

-u1-

Unity asset store sure is taking its time... :| :eek:

40. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yeh noticed, think its Christmas, holiday period, slow period.
    Waiting for other updates also, seems for December there has hardly been any updates in asset store.

41. -u1-

-u1-

I'm actually subscribed to the RSS feed for the unity store.. I've seen many apps get updates.. one I was dealing with a certain animator and he got his in 2 days.. and this was early this week.

42. jonkuze

jonkuze

Usually people who have really good top selling assets, or alot of assets with frequent updates I believe Unity Asset Store gives them Priority, or gives them instant approval upon submitting. I've only joined the Asset Store about 2 months ago so i'm not surprised. Took me long enough just to get the first version approved. Sorry guys... out of my hands. :(

43. -u1-

-u1-

Oh we know that.. we're channeling our anger towards Unity not you ;)

Just hoping we'll have it soon ..can't wait to play around with it :)

and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :cool::cool::cool::D:D

44. jonkuze

jonkuze

Sorry guys for the long wait... = (

If you really need access to the Latest Version right now, please contact me at kuro@kuroato.com, and provide your Unity Asset Store: proof-of-purchase (receipt) and I will add you to our Google Drive Share which already has the Latest Version.

Google Drive Share is really for those who purchased from Sellfy.com but i'll add you guys due to Unity Asset Store's delay.

45. jonkuze

jonkuze

46. -u1-

-u1-

ahh nice! (bounces around screaming like an excited school girl) :razz::razz::rolleyes:

time to get down and get dirty!!

Thanks again Kuroato!!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  47. jonkuze

jonkuze

LOL! Nice -u1- I look forward to seeing what you create with UnityAGK! = )

48. Aguy

Aguy

Questions.

Hopefully these weren't covered and I missed them.

1. Boss fights. Can you put more than 1 on or will that need to be programmed?
    Does it have something where you can put the boss somewhere else and when you finish the rest you have to go to a boss room or find him or something like that?
    2. Any multiplayer features in it already?
    3. Different modes possible? Like rescue X people, deathmatch, etc.
    4. Backgrounds, any specific systems you recommend? Saw you mentioned Uni Tile I believe.

49. -u1-

-u1-

Hopefully i'll be done with it faster than planned.. problem is I want it to be a serious production.. so I don't want to cut corners when it comes to quality!! ;)

50. -u1-

-u1-

I cant answer them on Kuroato's behalf but from what I know:

1- You can load a stage right after the one you were on and have stronger monsters in it making it seem like your in a boss fight stage (Objective message on top can help the player know that)
    2-Don't think there is any multiplayer in the kit.
    3-You can set this up easy with triggers since the addition of the function (f) key added.. just trigger the saved ones and then the stage is complete.. deathmatch.. not sure what your going for in a single player mode.
    4-I've used a few backgrounds from what I see there shouldn't be any limitations.

hope that helped.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014