Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AGK: Action Game Kit (v1.5)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jonkuze, Sep 27, 2013.

1. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hey there, Check your PM, regarding Updates I will update the Package on Sellfy, and on a Google Drive Share which you would be invited to. I will also Update the Package with the User Guide in PDF on there soon.

2. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update! UnityAGK v1.0 (official release) is Now Available for ONLY $35 on the Unity Asset Store

You can still Purchase UnityAGK for $25 here on Sellfy.com, *Please be sure to Request Access to the Google Drive Share for Future Updates if I forget to add you as this is a manual process. (must show proof of purchase from Sellfy)

3. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Well now that the kit has been released on the asset store is there any updates in the works?

4. nipoco

nipoco

Great kit that is worth every penny!

5. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thanks nipoco = )

6. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi dreamlarp, yes... I am currently planning to add weapon swapping for the next update, and will work on scene transitions. Scene transitions are actually possible right now, all you have to do is setup a scene to be loaded (in the stage list) say after the start menu, or after first stage, but you need to have a gui button or something setup to load the next stage which I will setup a template scene for everyone to use for that.

7. im

im

interesting asset. nice demos on website

could you add jumping, crouch and prone animations and key bindings.

also consider adding primary weapon, secondary weapon, melee and throw-able (like grenade)

optinally please add hand-to-hand combat like blocking/hitting/shoving/pushing/kicking animations and key bindings.

would be nice if you had blocking with shields also... or even for scifi shields. so you degrade shields and when you run out you lower heath. also have option for health/shield regeneration over time. and pickups for shields.

also character selection (where you get to pick and name your character), character customization (where you get to change character configuration / name before starting), weapon selection (where you get to pick your weapons), weapon customization (where you get to change weapon configuration)

also add way to change more setting , like key binding, graphic settings and resolution

consider adding multiplayer in future using unity builting multiplayer support.

thanks

8. _Max_

_Max_

Wow such a long request list, you trying keep the guys busy for months :)

9. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

All good ideas.

10. jonkuze

jonkuze

Lol! yes that is a pretty long list of requests, but all good. Thanks @im for suggestions, ideas. I will consider all suggestions, and ideas for sure.

11. John-Sandrey

John-Sandrey

You wouldn't happen to have a 3.57 version for AGK? If not would it be posable to convert it down to 3.57?

12. jonkuze

jonkuze

Unfortunately No... I don't have a 3.57 version. Sadly we are not able to Downgrade from 4.2 back to 3.57, so you will need to make sure you are always using the Latest Version of Unity to use UnityAGK and Latest Updates.

13. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update! I just completed another Video Tutorial, this one is for stage Camera Setup. Check it out!

Get Started with UnityAGK with this Camera Setup Tutorial.
    Youtube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnIL_lRnXJs

14. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update! I just completed another Video Tutorial, this one is for Menu and GUI Setup. Check it out!

Warning! it's about 40 Minutes Long, but it was needed as there is alot to cover for the Menu and GUI stuff.

Get Started with UnityAGK with this Menu/GUI Setup Tutorial.
    Youtube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS6EiM4NVgc

15. -u1-

-u1-

Just want to add my 2 cents! I already bought the package and Kuro has been of great help with helping me with any problems i found (turned out most were my fault lol).

Anyways the package works with jump as I have 2 chars that already jump.. also I dont see that mechanim as a must (good bonus but still..) as the way he setup the system was really just a matter of find your own animations and link to them..and boom ur go. anyways I'm still 2 days into it and happy so far.. i'll post updates as they come!

16. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thanks - u1 - glad you enjoy it! = )

17. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update! Please check out the following Thread on the Forum: http://unityagk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17

Follow this Thread for Unofficial Feature Updates. If we are able to quickly add a features requested by a user through simple script modifications, we will post those features here. *But please note these are not yet Officially Supported Features, they may eventually make their way into the Latest Build of UnityAGK.

It sort of gives me a playground to play with different Update Ideas before making them Official depending on the Demand or Requirements of those Features.

there are a number of other minor updates modifications I have made for some users and I have those features stored on my PC so I will be sure to share some of those Updates here as well. Some of those features include:

- View Player Behind Objects
    - Points for Item Pickups
    - Death Special Effects (particles)

18. Rusted_Games

Rusted_Games

Just bought it to support development and new feature additions (2DTK perhaps ;))

19. jonkuze

jonkuze

Nice! Thanks for support alardaen! when you get around to playing with it i'm sure you'll have fun! = )

20. -u1-

-u1-

Just noticed the updates for the death script..!! i was working on that all night playing around with the scripts.. you just saved me again!
    Love your constant support and dedication to this product!

21. jonkuze

jonkuze

haha awesome! :D

22. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update! working on a stagePortal! :D

stagePortal will allow you to complete a stage just by standing on the portal area, rather than being limited to just killing all the enemies as your sole objective per stage, you can now transition into the next stage if you like with a Portal.

also the cool thing about this is that you can now create stage transitions, for example your first stage can be a Town/Village, or maybe some area to roam around and explore without fighting; then to begin the next stage where the fighting happens, you can can place a stagePortal where you transition into a fighting stage.

Note: you'll need to disable the Enemy Spawner on the Stages you don't want to fight on. (if used in this way)

this will come in the next Official Update! v1.2 :wink:

$SCR_portal.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  23. -u1-

-u1-

Wow nice update! well I have a question about it though ..hope i get a yes it does answer lol...

You mentioned that you have to disable monster spawn.. does this mean we can just load monsters as is per stage (if we want) without using the spawner?

24. jonkuze

jonkuze

actually no... :( you can't just place the enemies on the stage without spawners... the enemies and spawners are kinda connected in a way that if i try to separate right now will break things. So eventually I will try to work on that.

But you can just include say a few spawn points for that stage your want with a Portal to Roam around on, and just set the Enemy Spawner to Spawn enemies at a much slower rate, and limit the amount of enemies on stage so you are not overun with Enemies on those stages that you want to use the Portal on. So it is still effective and will work OK for now.

25. -u1-

-u1-

Yeah I actually thought of that a few minutes after I posted.. so in the end it still works since you setup a limiter per stage! still great addition .. i'll see if i can tweak it maybe to use as a teleporter between walls on the same stage instead of the one i already have lol

Mega thanks for your effort so far!

26. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

This is most unfortunate as some of us are still using 3.5 for various reasons(though I may still buy and bring the scripts in to 3.5 anyway, and comment out anything to do with 4's particle system.).

A couple of reasons are: OUYA development isn't working on unity 4 correctly, and some projects we currently working on we've tried to upgrade to 4 and broke our projects and were required to return to unity 3 though the functions of your system would benefit our current projects.

The biggest 2 things that get in the way of downgrading are: materials and prefabs that don't jive with unity 3, and anything in the scripts that use unity 4's particle system.

So, if it is possible to use this with only bringing the scripts in, and commenting out the errors that would occur in the unity 3 console, it IS possible.

Just food for though, I'm trying to hint that there are a great many developers(10 just in my circle, that I've showed this asset, and were prepared to buy until the version requirements stopped them.), that would buy and support your efforts.

A couple of top assets have gone the route of zipping a separate 3.5 version and zipped 4+ version in the same unitypackage giving themselves a wider customer base.

Excellent asset, well worth it's recognition.

Kuro.

27. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

can you put all those updates into one file? like one big update later.

28. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thank you for the feedback! and that is a Great Idea regarding Zipping the 3.5 version as part of the unitypackage. I will give Unity 3.5 version a Try and let you know how it goes.

29. jonkuze

jonkuze

well at the moment all the feature updates you will find here: http://unityagk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17 are all considered Unofficial Feature Updates (not fully supported yet) until I have fully tested everything and finalized them for the next Build that I will release on the Asset Store and Of-coarse on Google Drive for those who purchase Directly.

Think of the Unofficial Feature Updates as early access, Once I am ready I will include some if not most of these in the Next Official Release Build Version of UnityAGK. Most of these I have only tested alone, I have yet to combine all of these Features into one Project and ensure they all work together bug free, I would also need to Update the Documentation for these Features as well... so Lots of Work ahead.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  30. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Great that's what I was looking for all the features working together without me mucking it all up.

31. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Excellent, I'll be waiting and watching.

Thanks for even considering my solution, I'm honored.

Edit:

While my game is for the ouya, I was thinking I may use your system for an ambush scenario in my current project.lol(if I can make it more controller friendly, we'll see.)

32. jonkuze

jonkuze

Sure no problem! = ) I will try the Unity version 3.5 very soon. on another note, I checked out your game on your facebook page, very cool! reminds me of Tenchu! I always wondered why there are no good Ninja Games out these days, but you may be working on a nice Ninja game there to bring back the Tenchu experience.

I'm not sure if you saw this demo, but I think you will enjoy it, as it shows a little more potential for your kind of game with using this game kit:

:: [ Fantasy (Medieval) Hack and Slash Demo ] ::

Webplayer Demo - - - > http://kuroato.com/assetstore/unityagk/fantasyhackandslaydemo/

$2.jpg

33. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

THANK YOU!!! that's the best compliment I've received on my game ever.(Tenchu is my all time favorite game, and emulating it's gameplay is a exactly what I'm trying to accomplish with it, I've been working on it for a looooong time trying to just get close.)

That gameplay you showed is exactly what I was thinking for an ambush scenario in Voidkeeper, I can map his movement, and attacks and dodge for sure to the controller I'll just have to remove the reticle from the mouse controls and see how it plays.

EDIT:

I may go the direction once I see the code for myself of this to replace the mouse:

if enemy is <(less than) attack distance look toward closest when attack button is pushed.

34. vicenterusso

vicenterusso

Fresh project, imported and played... got this error:

ArgumentException: The prefab you want to instantiate is null.
    UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/UnityEngineObject.cs:103)
    UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original, Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/UnityEngineObject.cs:81)
    SCR_gui.CreateScreenCover (Int32 com) (at Assets/UAGK/Scripts/SCR_gui.cs:121)
    SCR_menu.Awake () (at Assets/UAGK/Scripts/SCR_menu.cs:22)

Whats going on? I followed the zip/extract instruction..

35. -u1-

-u1-

I think if you goto the start up scene.. click on the MAIN object and then on the right.. make sure you have the player Obj chosen.. usually OBJ_ninja_Player or OBJ_troop_player.. are you getting this error as you click PLay in the unity menu or when you click start inside the game?

36. jonkuze

jonkuze

two things...

First, did you extract the project settings into the root of the unity project folder with Unity Closed? If you tried to do this with Unity Open/Running this will not work and will cause errors. Unity must be closed when copying over the Project Settings data to the root of Project Folder.

Second, you must always start / run the project from the "start up" scene, otherwise it will not work and give you such errors.

Also check what -u1- mentioned above... if followed the above steps, and still have an issue please contact me directly via email info@kuroato.com and I will be sure to help you sort this out one on one, you can even provide me with your skype if you have one and i'll try to assist you over skype if required.

37. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Although i like not only all your demos but also how fast you can setup them with your system i think you have to stop now because no one else can make such games with these assets and then not thinking you have made them ;)

38. maidamedia

maidamedia

Hello, I am using your kit. It is really cool. Could you please add the same demo scene but with the character controller for android?

39. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi maidamedia, thanks for supporting UnityAGK. Unfortunately at this time UnityAGK does not support Mobile. In other words it has not been tested on mobile. I don't personally think there would be any performance issues at all if you tried to do so yourself, but because I have yet to test it fully and also add controller for mobile I can't say that it is supported just yet. But it is definitely on my to do list, to bring Mobile Support.

40. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi RandAIThor, why can't others make such games with the assets I am showcasing in the Demos? You can easily purchase them at very low prices on the Asset Store and easily put them together. The more Demos I can showcase using other artists Assets the better to show you all the potential, and compatibility between UnityAGK and many other Assets. I understand if you disagree, that's fine, but I would never stop making demos to showcase as most people enjoy them so there really no reason to stop. Although I may slow down in releasing more demos, I'm sure more will come lol. So feel free to not play those demos if you don't agree. ;)

41. maidamedia

maidamedia

I did the test by myself, I don't see at the moment any performance issue. I only have problem with the character controller. What exactly is the parameter "MOTOR" in the PlayerMoveControlles.js script? Thanks

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  42. jonkuze

jonkuze

Cool... BUT what exactly is PlayerMoveControlles.js ?? I don't have any Javascript in this GameKit at all...

43. maidamedia

maidamedia

You are right it is not in your kit... sorry!

44. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

As i wrote, i like the demos.
    It was sarcasm ;)

45. jonkuze

jonkuze

ah sorry... i could not read or understand sarcasm lol! :-x but glad you enjoy the demos. :D

46. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update! Boss Fights are Now Possible (on the same stage)! :D

Check out the Unofficial Feature Updates Thread here: http://unityagk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17&p=80#p80
    for further details on how to add and configure this Feature!

*Note: Boss Fights will definitely be apart of the next UnityAGK Version Update! So the current steps provided on the thread to configure this feature will still apply to the Official Update when Released.

Before the next Official Update (version 1.2) release on the Unity Asset Store... we have a few more things we'd like to add-on such as weapon pickups/swapping and the ability to add enemies without the spawning system..

In the meantime you have early access to this feature and others right here on the Unofficial Feature Updates Thread: http://unityagk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17&p=80#p80

$SCR_bossFight_forum.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  47. -u1-

-u1-

At this point what's left but publishing the game for us! haahah great addition whoever doesn't get this package doesn't know what he's missing..
    with the portal and boss addition basically this can be either an action game or even RPG or both!! its on how you use it!!

Thanks Kuro ..love the constant support and never ending help to our requests!!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  48. jonkuze

jonkuze

Glad you enjoy it! :D

49. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update! Ok, so I just wanted to provide you guys with a quick update, within the next two weeks I would like to work on a couple more features such as: "ability to add enemies without spawner, player selection, stage objectives, and stage timer" I would like to try to work on these soon and if possible bundle these up along with the other previous features posted and submit them all as UnityAGK v1.2 Update. We'll keep you posted on the latest progress...

50. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Could you please email us when this update is ready.