Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AGK: Action Game Kit (v1.5)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jonkuze, Sep 27, 2013.

1. jonkuze

jonkuze

Yes developing for Mobile in general is tricky... so many different mobile devices, different optimization requirements to get right to fit on them all. All the best man, hope it works out in the end.

2. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

3. jonkuze

jonkuze

4. jonkuze

jonkuze

Update! We just upgraded Action Game Kit to Unity 5.2 and tested with Unity WebGL. It's working great! (Note: Sorry there are not additional updates at this time, just upgraded the project to ensure there are no bugs with 5.2 and tested with WebGL due to Webplayer dead on Chrome)

You can check out the WebGL Demo here:

http://mijikaigames.com/actiongamekit/demo/

5. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Do you recall what changes you made to get it working in Unity 5? I'm running into the same bullet issue where the bullets don't move. I tried modifying Force but that doesn't seem to have any effect. I'm guessing it's a rigid body option. Any recollection what it might be?

6. jonkuze

jonkuze

Yes, please try playing with the Rigid Body Settings... I don't have access to Unity and AGK right now so i'm not able to say how to configure it 100%, but you can also try downloading the latest AGK version from asset store and review the bullet prefab setup there and compare. I'm pretty certain it's related to rigid body.

7. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Thanks ... downloaded the latest version and saw what had changed. It was in the rigid body section ... there are some X, Y, Z parameters that need to be switched off on the Rigid Body component.

jonkuze likes this.
  8. jonkuze

jonkuze

Awesome! Glad it was fixed for you. ^_^

9. hoschi3d

hoschi3d

Hi, I have got a question. Can AGK also use a FPS camera?

10. jonkuze

jonkuze

No i'm sorry it does not support FPS camera out the box.

11. blackwiz80s

blackwiz80s

hey guys i wanted to ask what do i have to change to create multiple character to select from the player select scene any help would be appreciated

i tried to change the if statement in the charachtecontrol and added a Player03 and created a tag for the third charachter but every time i select the third i get the 2nd character and if i select the first character the game freeze and the character spawn

so any help would be great

12. fnpulido

fnpulido

Hello guys,

Couple of days ago, I've buyed the asset, but I can't run the demo. After of read the instructions I've made the following steps:

- I've downgrade Unity to 5.2.5.f1, becouse in the readme file says that AGK is compatible with Unity 5.2.
    - I've created a new and clean project without any asset, only the empty project. This project is called Higway
    - I've downloaded and import AGK from the store.
    - I've closed the Unity and I've the root folder called Highway that contains three folders: Project Settings, Library and Assets.
    - I've extracted the content of the Highway/Assets/AGK/ProjectSettings.zip file.
    - I've cuted and pasted the .asset files to the Highway folder (the root folders).
    - I've opened Unity and added all the scenes to File-> Build Settings, the scene menu is the first scene, but at the moment I don't have builded the project (this is imposible, becouse I've compilation errors)
    - I've opened the scene menu and run the demo, but doesn't appear the text and the console displays an error:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SCR_menu.Awake () (at Assets/AGK/Scripts/SCR_menu.cs:28)

I think that this is the correct procedure, but I'm not sure what is the first scene, however I've tried to run the demo with other scenes and all of them display some errors:

- Scene game complete:
    ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.
    UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.cs:102)
    UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original, Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.cs:79)
    SCR_gui.CreateScreenCover (Int32 com) (at Assets/AGK/Scripts/SCR_gui.cs:121)
    SCR_gameComplete.Awake () (at Assets/AGK/Scripts/SCR_gameComplete.cs:16)

- Scene start up (recursive error):
    UnityException: Tag: Text is not defined.
    SCR_main.UpdateScreenMult () (at Assets/AGK/Scripts/SCR_main.cs:219)
    SCR_main.Awake () (at Assets/AGK/Scripts/SCR_main.cs:117)

- Scene player select:
    ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.
    UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.cs:102)
    UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original, Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.cs:79)
    SCR_gui.CreateScreenCover (Int32 com) (at Assets/AGK/Scripts/SCR_gui.cs:121)
    SCR_playerSelect.Awake () (at Assets/AGK/Scripts/SCR_playerSelect.cs:16)

What can I do bad?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando.

13. Openworldcomics

Openworldcomics

Has anyone figured out the fix for this error?

14. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi all... Please Note: I no longer maintain this project! You should reach out to the new owner here at: Aiursrage2k@gmail.com

15. chatie25

chatie25

Hi,

Need help with the main menu.
    How can I fix the link because when I'm trying to click the Start Game the link is off its in the High Score. Option Link is not working.

Pause and Game Over panel links are not working either esp retry buttons and quit should also be going back to main menu.

Please Help.

Catherine

16. Chance-Touchstone

Chance-Touchstone