Search Unity

AGK: Action Game Kit (v1.5)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jonkuze, Sep 27, 2013.

1. jonkuze

jonkuze

You can probably use the Viking Character asset if you wanted to replace the characters in the Game Kit, but as far as the terrain is concerned that won't work out to well because AGK doesn't support height maps or terrains. But if you decided to use that Viking Demo Map you could Flatten the Terrain using Unity's Terrain Editor then it will work just fine.

2. MammothINC

MammothINC

Awesome,

I can't wait for the other template as well. Keep up the good work!

jonkuze likes this.
  3. fabiobh

fabiobh

Any news on the new UAGK 2?

4. jonkuze

jonkuze

Apologies for late reply. Sadly I was working with a developer on UAGK2 but the results of the project were not what I expected so I have decided to cancel the development of UAGK2. I'm very sad about it, and i'm sure you guys are disappointed as well, but sometimes it's just how things play out. Not to our expectations... Sorry to let you guys down.

I wish to someday eventually return to provide more Updates and Features to AGK, but at this time it's just not possible for many reasons (life hardships) out of my control in this moment.

5. jonkuze

jonkuze

Update! Just a small Update, Action Game Kit has been Updated for Compatibility with Unity 5. Previously there were some few minor issues reported via email which have been resolved for Unity 5.

6. fabiobh

fabiobh

Thanks for your honestly Kuroato.

7. 3CHO12

3CHO12

1_Anyone figure out placing enemies directly or make secondary attack/power in AGK? If no, the kit is still awesome and I love it. It already does so much!

2_Anyone know if Dan's Game Tools work in Unity 5 with Unity Remote(or with Unity 5 on touch-enableds at all) ? My iPad gets touch inputs running my AGK game when I disable DGTools; but when its on, no touch input is transmitted from the iPad. I am able to use my mouse on my computer to click around on the mobile controls. The DGT forums look like Dan has been busy so I am trying here.

8. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi Dean I sent you an email. Please review it and get back to me. Lets get AGK running first, then any questions or issues regarding Control Freak asset should be directed to the Author of that Asset. Thanks.

9. fabiobh

fabiobh

I try to create a new character using the youtube setup character tutorial

Take a look in the pictures

http://pasteboard.co/12f0eFno.png

http://pasteboard.co/12f4KKwI.png

http://pasteboard.co/12fbvYmv.png

But when I run the project, I receive the following error when the stage1 scene is loaded:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    SCR_character.PlayAnim (Int32 com) (at Assets/UAGK/Scripts/SCR_character.cs:351)
    SCR_characterControl.UpdateControl () (at Assets/UAGK/Scripts/SCR_characterControl.cs:439)
    SCR_characterControl.Update () (at Assets/UAGK/Scripts/SCR_characterControl.cs:72)

Do you have any idea why this error appears?

10. jonkuze

jonkuze

Check the animations on your character. Each of the animations need to be set to the correct Wrap Mode. Example, Idle should be set to Loop, Run set to Loop or Once (I forget which, try either one), Dead to Clamp Forever, Attack to Default or Once, etc..

Sometimes the author of the Character Assets will set the Wrap Mode to something different, so just make sure to set all animations to correct Wrap Mode. You may have to play with the Wrap Modes until you get the correct ones.

Also make sure your Character and all Animations Rig is set to Legacy Animations.

11. Mhykiel

Mhykiel

I'm having the same issue. I follwed the tutorial and even 2nd time did not use my own models. I'm new to Unity and still trying to learn.

I went to "start up" scene and pushed play. Just black screen. But error message in the bottom said menu (-1) undefined. I googled and to fix the issue added the scenes to build preferences.

But now.. I get this error
    UnityException: Tag: Option is not defined.
    SCR_input.OptionCycle (Int32 com) (at Assets/UAGK/Scripts/SCR_input.cs:65)
    SCR_input.Update () (at Assets/UAGK/Scripts/SCR_input.cs:47)

12. jonkuze

jonkuze

When you first imported the Game Kit into Unity Project did you try to Push Play and Test the Demo Scenes Included as is? Do you get errors even before you add your character models?

13. jyp7202

jyp7202

Hi,

I did all the steps in terms of setting up my character, but when I start the scene I still see the default character. PLEASE HELP!!!

14. jonkuze

jonkuze

hmmmm are you sure you replaced the character that is being called into the game? In other words I believe there is a part where you need to ensure that you specify what character Prefab is being called into the game scene. You probably did not update the player prefab in the game manger or player select component. Check that...

15. jyp7202

jyp7202

How do I update the player prefab in the game manager? My character is a mixamo character also rigged. i understand I should make it a Legacy character, correct? My character is rigged but doesn't have animations in it

16. jyp7202

jyp7202

Also, when I click "MAIN" on the startup up scene. Mine shows two slots, playerobj1, and playerobj2. I notice on the video it doesn't have two slots for dragging your character.

17. jonkuze

jonkuze

can you take screenshot of this for me? i don't have access to Unity in this moment, so if you can screenshot it for me that would be good. I'm pretty sure you need to drag the playerprefab into the right place to be called into the game.

If your player character is not setup for Legacy animations then none of this is going to work. Characters need to have Legacy Rig and Animations.

18. jyp7202

jyp7202

19. jonkuze

jonkuze

make sure drag sporty girl two into the second playerobj even if you are not selecting a seconds player, i'm pretty sure you should need both of them there otherwise might cause an issue last I recall.

if you still can't figure out why it's loading a different player other than yours, try packaing up the project in zip and share the project to me with a dropbox link. I'll take a look, send me link in Personal Message.

20. jonkuze

jonkuze

@jyp7202

Pleaase See Screenshot attached to fix your issue with loading the player character. Also I noticed you are using the wrong animations! In the Animations Folder there is a totally different set of Legacy Animations that you should be using, instead you are currently using the Mecanim Animations in your Player Character Animation List. Please use the correct ones other wise no animations will play back.

agkfix.jpg

21. reckman23

reckman23

Hello,

bought that kit and i really like it!

Got the same problem with unity 5.1.1f1. Is there any solution about to fix that meanwhile? Where can i set legacy to 1?

22. jonkuze

jonkuze

You need need to select your characters FBX file. Found in the Project Folder while in Unity Editor. Select it and Set the Rig to Legacy, please see this link for screenshots: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Animations.html

23. reckman23

reckman23

Thanks for the fast reply, but it dont seems to be the problem. Got it also with assault troop or ninja in a clean and new project. Another problem i got with ninja and control freak - the character is always hitting to the top, not in the direction the char is looking at.

24. jonkuze

jonkuze

it sounds like your project has more problems than a simple animation issue. Sometimes people run into some initial setup issues, which that what it sounds like your dealing with. Check your PM I send you a link to download a copy of AGK in a raw Unity Project Folder that is already configured. You just have to extract from Zip and Open it, no Setup Required.

25. reckman23

reckman23

Exactly the same problems. What version of Unity was using for the build? Had to rebuild the project to 5.1.1.

26. jonkuze

jonkuze

OK, are you referring to the the Mobile Controls, because originally you asked about how to set to Legacy? If you have an issue with Mobile Controls you'll have to post about it on the Control Freak Authors Thread. He should be able to assist you, if not I'll have to wait until I have some free time maybe tomorrow to test AGK with Control Free on Unity 5.1.1 (i'm also using this version).

27. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

Hi Kuroato. im glad that you still continuing support for this great asset.

its been a long time since i last updated my game that i made using UAGK. my last update is using unity 4. and then i decided to update the game to unity 5 and i notice that the game works differently. i encountered a bug with the control.

i tried figuring this out and then i notice your release note for ver1.4, you said that "this updates the package to work for unity 5."

so for my game, i have modified a lot of your original codes. it was working in unity4, but in unity5, the control messed up and i can't find out why.

and i also can't just import your latest update (1.4) because i have altered your original codes. so if you could tell me what you did in ver1.4 to make it compatible with unity5 would be great.

thanks,

28. jonkuze

jonkuze

I'm trying hard to think about what the changes were... but I can't remember what the change or fix was off hand. :(

I know it was sort of a simple bug that I needed to fix for AGK to work out the box in Unity 5. It might have effected controls I forget. If you want you can post a screenshot, or copy paste the Console Errors you are seeing on your end and I'll try to help, but no promise because as you mentioned you modified alot of code. So I don't know if some of your code is affected by Unity 5. So on that end I would not be able to help. But lets see the errors and see how I can help possibly.

29. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

Hi, i can't aim/shoot my character, i can just move it around. (tried with mobile/keyboard input, its same)

i didn't encounter any error except that in the console, unity said that my input is not defined.

i simply solved it by adding the input that the console asks which is "Fire", "R-Analog X" and "R-Analog Y"
    after that i can aim/shoot, but when i press move, combined with shoot/aim my character flies(teleported) randomly off the grid like crazy.

and also, my bullets just float at the end of the gunpoint until its life expire (does not travel)

i notice that you use those inputs in your scr_characterController, but in unity 4.67, i completely remove the fire, and analog input and the game works fine. so i assume its not the case with undefined input.

only in unity5 it ask me to define it.

30. jonkuze

jonkuze

OK so it sounds like you got it working now? For the bullets, it has something to do with Rigid Body or Force not being Enabled! Now that you mention it, that's exactly what I fixed in v1.4 as everyone was reporting to me that bullets no longer worked. That was the major change I did. Other than that, when you load v1.4 in Unity 5 it will work out the box as it should. If you have further issues, it's probably due to some other modified code you need to update to make compatible with Unity 5 I imagine.

31. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

i see, how was the force being disabled? is this some kind of new feature in unity5? and how do you enable it.

i didn't make it working yet. im still figuring out how/why when i move and shoot at the same time, it will cause my character to fly off the grid randomly.

32. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

i think i've figured out why my character flies randomly off the grid when i move and shoot. its because my character bumped into my own immovable/floating bullets. thats how.

now onto fixing the disabled force/rigidbody. do you have any idea how to do it?

33. jonkuze

jonkuze

Just find your Bullet Prefabs, and look for the Force, or Rigid Body. I forget if it's the Rigid Body that got screwed up or if it's the Force that was turned off or changed somehow in Unity 5. Force is not a Unity or Rigid Body thing, it's part of the Game Kit's Code to control Bullet Force Attribute. Check both...

34. fabiobh

fabiobh

UAGK is a great kit, there's any possibility to add terrain support on it?

35. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

Will only animation that stay in place work? My run animation actually moves the character across the screen so when I play it in AGK it keeps looping back to the first frame position location. Everything is legacy and run and idle are looped.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  36. jonkuze

jonkuze

The problem is that Run Animation you are using probably moves the center of the player foward in the Animation. Those kinds of animations won't work very good for AGK. Usually those kinds of animation are best to work with Mecanim and Root Motion I believe.

You need to make sure the Run Animation you are using is Running in place. So in other words, go to the Animation in Unity Editor, and Preview the Animation in the Editor. You will notice that the animation above is probably moving the Character Model foward. This is a problem... You need to use a Run Animation that when Previewed shows the Character Model Running in-place not pushing him forward.

37. jonkuze

jonkuze

At this time no i'm sorry I just don't have the time or resources available to add more features right now. Wish I did, I just have my hands full between day job, family, and other game projects i'm working on. Once I'm able to successfully launch my two game projects, I'll be sure to return to update this asset. There is so much more I want to add trust me.

38. fabiobh

fabiobh

Ok Kuroato, I understand you, if you plan to release another kit or upgrade this kit. In both cases it'll be certain that I'll purchase.

jonkuze likes this.
  39. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

Hi, I keep getting this error on my player during game play and sometimes he stops moving,

rigidbody.position assign attempt for 'BlackMan2(Clone)' is not valid. Input position is { NaN, NaN, NaN }.
    UnityEngine.Rigidbody:MovePosition(Vector3)
    SCR_character:UpdateMovementFixed() (at Assets/UAGK/Scripts/SCR_character.cs:263)
    SCR_character:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/UAGK/Scripts/SCR_character.cs:251)

40. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

Also the camera doesnt follow my player all the way to the stage corners. Its not even close, my character runs out of the cameras view but I put my stage corners far away so I dont know why the camera stops moving.

41. jonkuze

jonkuze

Are you certain your new character model you are using is set to Legacy Rig and all Animations are set to Legacy Rig as well? and make sure Run, Idle animations are set to Loop.

About Camera, this one is a bit tough to toubleshoot it sounds like you did some kind of customizations outside of how I explain to use the camera setup. If you use the same game demo we have included with the game kit, example use the first level as a template, replacing the character and adjusting the camera values in the prefab as needed to get your desired view distance things should work out the box.

If you are constructing your game from scratch using the prefabs included that might be a much hard route to go about it, instead i recommend using the game demo included as a template you can re-skin replacing the characters and enemies, stage, etc as you go. Then slowly it will become your own.

42. jonkuze

jonkuze

Also I notice that you never confirmed my first reply to you if you have the following

"You need to make sure the Run Animations you are using are Running in place" (along with all other animations, every animation you use must be playing back in-place not moving the character foward)

Is this how your animation is setup? or are you still using the animation in your video that shows the player running too far off the screen.

43. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

Hi thanks I fixed the animations to run in place so those are fine. Also I know for sure everything is set to legacy but I'll double check the loops although it only happens sometimes. Yes I was using my own level and the prefabs, my next try was going to be as you suggested and use your level and try adding my stuff to it so I guess that will be the way to go. Also on a separate issue in regards to a 2.0 I wish you would have started a private presale if you were in need of funding.

44. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

Hi again, ok so im just using your scene and adding my own stuff to it. That seems to be working find now so the camera is working great. I only have one last issue which is sometimes the player slides down when standing still.

Also, I'm willing to pay for some extra help with getting the player to be able to enter, drive, and exit a vehicle.

45. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

Ok the player sliding and getting stuck is manageable, I guess there might be something with the animations but no big deal. Now I'm stuck on projectiles, I cant get my weapons to hurt the enemy. I'm using particle weapons with no mesh. Any thoughts on this?

46. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi Dean, I'm not so sure I can help you past the basic usage of the game kit. It's very hard to support further customization that you add or plan to add as I have no visual of how your project is setup or what's being done. Although even if you send me pictures or videos, imagine if I had to support every custom feature all users want to add? It's impossible for one guy to do with my limited time. So the extent of support I can provide is only around the usage of the game kit as I detail in the documentation and tutorial, and of coarse any bug fixing when something is not working as I advertise it to work.

Beyond this you are on your own to add more features. I wish I could take on paid work to help you extend the game kit, but I really don't even have the time to commit for that. I hope you can understand.

I wish you the best of luck with your project, and hope you create something awesome!

47. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

No problem I completely understand. I'm still learning a lot as I go along, I was able to fix my particle projectiles so they work great and as for the { NaN, NaN, NaN } error I was able to tweek the ridgid body a bit to almost completely stop the error.

jonkuze likes this.
  48. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

Hi, how about a script that shows a count down of the number of enemies left to kill?

49. jonkuze

jonkuze

Dean again this falls under custom scripting work you are requesting that I am unable to do at this time. As mention above your on your own to add additional features outside of what is provided with it already.

50. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

Hi, no problem I was able to get it to work. Although as you may know it was quite a mouse hunt.

Ok so I finished my game built an Android version and tested on my phone. Everything worked fine but all of a sudden the screen went black. I can still hear the music and even see the control freak controls but nothing else. I played a few more times but after a while it happens again.

I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 so multithreading and all should be no problem.