Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AGK: Action Game Kit (v1.5)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jonkuze, Sep 27, 2013.

1. jonkuze

jonkuze

asset.png

BUY NOW! AGK: Action Game Kit v1.5 (official release) for ONLY $17.50 on the Unity Asset Store

Official Website: http://mijikaigames.com/actiongamekit / Support E-mail: jon@mijikaigames.com

*No Programming Required; Easy to Use Action Game Development Kit!

AGK: Action Game Kit v1.5, is a Complete Game Project with Editing Tools to help you easily create Tile-based Action Games, such as Hack and Slash or Shooter Games. Create a Gauntlet-style Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy Hack and Slay, Sci-Fi Shooter, or even a Zombie Game is possible without Touching a Line of Code!

Features Included:
    • Drag and Drop Character / Game Setup
    • Hack and Slash Combat System
    • Shooter / Projectile Combat System
    • Music and Sound FX System
    • Basic Enemy AI (Search and Destory)
    • Player and Enemy Spawn System
    • Health and Power Up System
    • Third Person / Top Down Camera
    • Mobile Support via Third-party Plugin
    • Keyboard+Mouse Driven Controls
    • HighScore / Score System
    • Main Menu and Options System
    • C# Script (commented)
    • Supports Unity WebGL Builds
    • Complete Low Poly Sci-Fi Demo Project
    - - - > Check out the Playable Game Demo! *Powered by AGK < - - -

BUY NOW! UnityAGK v1.5 (official release) for ONLY $17.50on the Unity Asset Store

Note: AGK currently does not support Unity’s Terrains (height-maps), or Mecanim.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. jonkuze

jonkuze

AGK Version 1.5 includes Script Updates to allow Mobile Support via Control Freak Unity Asset.

MijiKai Game Studio and Dan's Game Tools have Partnered to offer a Mobile Control Plugin for AGK via Control Freak. Users are Required to Purchase and Import Control Freak Asset into AGK Project to Unlock the Mobile Control Plugin Features.

$CF.png

Purchase Control Freak Asset:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/11562 (Only $10)

Setup Guide: Follow the Steps provided in the "readme.txt" part of AGK.unitypackage
    or Watch the Video Tutorial:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  3. jonkuze

jonkuze

*Learn how to get started quickly with AGK. Use these Videos as a quick setup guide for your games, but for further details about how to use each component, and feature of AGK Please refer to the User Guide. *Note: Videos are best viewed in Fullscreen at 720p HD

AGK: Character Setup
    Get Started with AGK with this Character Setup Tutorial.

AGK: Stage Setup
    Get Started with AGK with this Stage Setup Tutorial.

AGK: Camera Setup
    Get Started with AGK with this Camera Setup Tutorial.

AGK: Menu/GUI Setup
    Get Started with AGK with this Menu/GUI Setup Tutorial.

AGK: v1.2 Features Setup
    Get Started with AGK with this v1.2 Features Setup Tutorial.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  4. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Cool kit. Do you plan on putting things like weapons or other equipment drops like the powerups you have? This is a great start but what else is planned?

5. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thanks for checking it out and being my first offical user post lol! Right now my goal is to finish the documentation and a few more training videos. Regarding future updates honestly that all depends on the user the feedback, ideas, suggestions... I won't be able to add everything ofcoarse as if I did that then I'd be making a game for everyone with a suggestion to add this or that. Its a matter of balancing it all, adding more features that benefits more than one person.

Regarding your idea... that's cool, and yes may be possible to add the ability to pick up and swap weapons. I will keep that in mind for sure for future update. Thanks for your input! = )

6. jerotas

jerotas

Sounds cool. What exactly is meant by "does not support mobile"? Is it that the performance is unusable on mobile? I'm sure you know that the vast majority of people using Unity develop for mobile right?

7. jonkuze

jonkuze

"Does not support mobile" just means it has not been tested with mobile or includes any code to support mobile. So you would need to write your own mobile scripts like say for the actual movement of the player using a mobile/on screen joystick or something.

and yes your probably right alot of people may be using Unity for Mobile. I have my own thoughts about that lol, buts that's for another thread discussion which I might spark up soon lol.

Performance should be fine on Mobile but to be on the safe side I put no support for mobile for now until I have fully done some testing which I may be able to do in the very near future.

Thanks for your input, and for checking this out. = )

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  8. tripknotix

tripknotix

well lucky for you i've actually had no trouble taking the mobile controls that come with unity, and putting them in other game kits and they just work. and adding them as optional with AWSD with component enable switches is easy as well. but i can tell you one thing, if you included those mobile controls, i would buy it just on principle that i might want to make a game with it in a few months, using future ops online's systems, and pretty much doesnt require any work. as for desktop/web, future ops online has a made a whopping $18 on its 18,000 plays and its a first person shooter lol, but future ops for android has over 300,000 downloads in the same time frame... and its a first person shooter on there as well... its not even on iphone yet and it made 10s of thousands of dollars this year.

so for me... someone with an online system in place for mobile its a no brainer to invest in your product if it had mobile controls.

and since i have a budget provided by the sales of the game... i can just kinda impulse buy....

i dont know how many people interested in your product have "impulse buy" buy money from sales of their independent games...

but i am interested, and i would gladly be a customer to help support your product

9. sefou

sefou

Hi Kuroato,

just buy your product . I have this strange thing when i decompress the file:

Can you fix it.

Thanks

And 2 requests :
    --player throwing something like grenade ...
    --Mecanim compatible will be great.

sefou

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  10. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

First of all well done... right mouse click roll lol looks cool.

What is the reason for not using mecanim?

And are you going to add dual stick controls? (PS3/Xbox controller)

11. jonkuze

jonkuze

thanks! I will definitely try to add mobile support in very near future.

12. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thanks for Support! I have sent you an email, and will add you and all others who purchase directly from me to a Dropbox Share Folder that will contain the Latest (updated) UnityPackage for UnityAGK. Taking notes of the Requests! = )

13. jonkuze

jonkuze

There is no particular reason other than Legacy Animation was easier to support right now, may consider adding it in near future also along with mobile support, but can't say I have any plans for PS3/Xbox controller, or OUYA for that matter. I think this kit will be best used for making a PC, Web or Mobile Game (but ofcoarse you have to add your own mobile scripts for now if you do)

Thanks for checking it out! = )

14. V0odo0

V0odo0

Nice kit! It will be great if you optimize this package for mobile :D

15. jonkuze

jonkuze

thanks! and i'm guessing this is going to be the #1 request going forward lol! So no worries, I will put this on the top of to-do list.

16. jonkuze

jonkuze

*Check out our New Fantasy Shooter / Hack and Slash Demo!

Special Thanks to Soul Awesome for the Stage Design of this Demo, and for his Low Poly Fantasy Characters and Environment Assets found on the Unity Asset Store. Click URL/Links below to Play!

UnityAGK Fantasy Game Demos:
    *for more UnityAGK Game Demos, Visit: http://unityagk.com/?page_id=210

$unityagkdemo2.png

*Game Demos are Powered by UnityAGK!

Created by Kuroato Media
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/publisher/4119

3D Art by Soul Awesome
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/publisher/3867

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  17. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I'd like to see one space demo to see what this might look like with a small space level.

18. Kaemalux

Kaemalux

NIce, really!
    About the purchase from site, future updates how will be handled?
    Thanks, and congratulation for your asset! :)

19. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Using a svn is a great way to update.

20. Kaemalux

Kaemalux

Yeah, surely!

I played the demos, i noticed that the characters you control shoot only in one direction (and you have to move to hit the target), is it on purpose, or controllers still have to be fixed?

21. jonkuze

jonkuze

a Space Demo is definitely possible, only I don't have any space assets... so if you would like to provide some assets for me to use then I would be happy to create a demo for you so you can see it's potential. Also, I think it would be interesting, I actually didn't think about creating a space game, but it's definitely possible now that i think about it. ;)

22. jonkuze

jonkuze

All those who purchase directly will be provided with a dropbox link to a shared folder where you can download the latest build. Also, you can download the latest build on Sellfy where I am hosting/selling the asset currently besides dropbox. You will actually get the updates much faster than waiting for the Unity Asset Store to approve each future update. But I'm sure most people will wait for it to be released on the Unity Asset Store, as it is a little more convenient being you can access it always from Unity. But which ever way you go, you'll get the latest builds no worries.

23. jonkuze

jonkuze

Yes, I am aware of this issue, actually the shooting is very accurate, perfect actually if we say put the camera in a top down view...

the problem is, it seems like the target/aiming and shooting is off is because where ever you click to shoot you are clicking on the base of the Tile-plane (floor).. So for example if you try to shoot the enemies in the head, the bullets will miss, because you need to aim/click at their base at their feet.

it's tough to explain, but I will tell you that I am working on a solution, which is a Targeting Cursor! something like this demo: http://www.ripcorddev.com/targetmaker/WebPlayer.html

the players and enemies are all constrained to the X Z Axis of the Tile-plane (floor), so an X Z Contrained Targeting Cursor like in the Demo will work very nicely, for both 35 Degree (Third Person) or 90 Degree (Top Down) Angle.

Hope that helps...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  24. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I just got this kit. It is clean and not that hard to get the hang of. After mobile support I would like to suggest a few features..

1. Character select. This is a must. You have made demo's for shooter and hack and slash already. It should be easy to give them choices of types of character to play hence the type of game. You show both or even may types of characters in your start screen, It should not be hard to give them a choice.

2. Editors like UniRPG or RPG Kit 2 (though your scripts do make it easy to change or add things most users look for editors for kits.)

3. Weapon selection. Could be simple as changing weapons picked up from the ground or as advanced as switching weapons. Just the choice of more than one is what most would look for.

This may not be a RPG kit and I am glad its not the same as the other action rpg kit but some type of advancement would be nice too. Instead of exp witch is over done maybe you could do a skill system or take suggestions from the rest of your users. Maybe like a skill gained once a big boss is killed. ect.. I would love to hear other ideas on some type of advancements others might have that fits this type of game system.

Overall it looks pretty good. I'm going to play with it a lot more.

P.S.
    You need a transitional stage. Something simple but a stage that some type of story or other break from the action catchup can be done. You only need like an object (NPC, ship console or other object with a collider) that could have a simple message script attached.
    I.E.
    Collide with an npc and he gives the well done slugger speech and once you finish the conversation you can hit some other trigger like a teleporter or enter a vehicle and go to the next stage.
    Transitions are a big part of any game and remember for mobile many people need to stop the game for various reasons.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  25. jonkuze

jonkuze

Glad you like it, and Thanks for all the Suggestions! Some Great ideas! I will take note of them for sure.

26. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

27. tripknotix

tripknotix

Purchased in support of your efforts towards mobile controls

28. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thanks Tripknotix! = ) Yes, Mobile will be on the top of my to do list no worries...

29. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update: *Check out the Complete! User Guide Section on the Official Website.

If there is anything you feel is missing please let us know. Also, there will be more Tutorial Videos on the way, so stay tuned; we will definitely add more very soon! Videos are way better than reading a boring User Guide i'm sure LOL!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  30. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Very nice. Your links though do not go to the subject it should be linked to. It is ok though we can just scroll down. Video's to mach each section would be awesome too.

31. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

Hey Kuroato,

I am a coder but this would make my life easier for the other two team members I am working with.

Question, if I want to code in pieces of functionality myself, will there be a problem going forward with updates and upgrades?
    Is the framework modular so I could add in what I need with a minimum of merging code later on?

p.s. Mobile support would be great :D

Cheers,
    Sean.

32. jonkuze

jonkuze

Thanks! Yes, that's my plan to have a separate Tutorial Video for every Section, and I will fix the links on the User Guide also no worries. = )

33. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi Sean, thanks for considering UnityAGK for your Project. I'm certain it will be perfect for those non-coders on your team... it's definitely user friendly enough for them, but they will need to understand how the Inspector works at the very least, as there is no extension editors for dragging and dropping stuff...

Regarding adding additional code to UnityAGK and merging that with future updates. Unfortunately No this game kit (framework) was not designed to be modular and to work the way you are thinking, which i know is ideal for all users who plan to expand this kit with their own custom features. I don't have any plans to make it modular, but it is definitely something for me to consider, as that makes for the perfect game kit (framework).

BUT, I can always let you know what scripts have changed before you update to the next version that has major updates such as with mobile controls.

I think your best chance to avoid some loss of work is to try to keep most of your additional functions in separate scripts, isolating them to act as plugins somehow so you can have a much cleaning merge in the future if or when required.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  34. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

Purchased already. :D

I will go through what is available and see how to best add my own functionality if required.

Cheers,
    Sean.

35. jonkuze

jonkuze

Awesome! Thanks for Supporting UnityAGK!

I look forward to what you create with it! = )

36. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Your non-programmer team members will be able to use this. I have been able to use it even before he finished the documentation. We are building the frame first and saving any custom scripts for later.

37. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

$SDBMC WIP.png

Just starting to make a little progress.

38. jonkuze

jonkuze

@dreamlarp NICE!!

39. Proxymity

Proxymity

I'm going to give it a try, looks like a very potential "tool"!

Is it planned to built in a "multiplayer" or "online" support? I'm not speaking from a MMO or something, rather a playermaximum of 10 or 20?

Regards,
    Proxy

40. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi Proxymity, thanks for considering UnityAGK. No Unfortunately there is no multiplayer planned for this game kit, but I can tell you that the best Networking Asset to Use in my opinion is Photon! If you are skilled in programming, or know someone that is you may be able to easily add multiplayer using this Photon and using this Example Asset Pack: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/1846

although i will say multiplayer is an interesting idea, and may be something i consider for a future update, but definitely not anytime soon.

41. RetronamicGames

RetronamicGames

Does this work on Flash export?

42. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

$SDBMC Menu.png

I added a cool skybox. This is a pic of this kit used for a space shooter action game.
    I am working on some nice space levels for the space demo for this kit. It is just starting but very easy to use. Looks like it will be a fun kit to play with.

$SDBMC space game.png

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  43. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hi Retronamic, Unfortunately I don't have a Flash License to Test the Export, so I really could not say... = \

44. jonkuze

jonkuze

Looking Good! I dig the Outer Space Skyboxes :cool:

45. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Here is a web player for the space action game.
    opps soon.

46. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

47. jonkuze

jonkuze

Very Nice! dreamlarp

48. jonkuze

jonkuze

Latest Update: UnityAGK has just been submitted to the Unity Asset Store! That's Great News, but if you are considering purchasing UnityAGK at the discounted price, please visit: https://sellfy.com/p/5rJV/, otherwise when UnityAGK is approved on the Asset Store the Price will be $35 due to the asset store's %30 fee. Direct Purchasing will still be Possible, but I will not showcase the URL for it soon, so you will need to bookmark it for future purchase.

Also, minor update there is a new section on the website "Screenshots" a Gallery Showcasing Official Game Demos Powered by UnityAGK! there is also 3 New Really Cool Demos Out, you can Play them here: http://unityagk.com/demos, Orcs vs Knight, Dungeon Hack'n'Slay, and even a Zombie Shooter! Check'em out!

Enjoy! and stay tuned for future updates!

49. jonkuze

jonkuze

Check it out! the Offical UnityAGK: Action Game Kit Promo (Youtube) Video

50. _Max_

_Max_

Hey dude, if I buy with Sellfy.com how will I get future updates of the kit?

Edit: Also the user guide (http://unityagk.com/?page_id=59) is there a PDF copy with the pack.
    I find it easier to print and follow.

Thanks
    Keep up the good work
    Regards,
    Max

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013