Search Unity

Aggregations for ints/floats

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by sebastiansgames, Aug 31, 2015.

1. sebastiansgames

sebastiansgames

Sorry if I'm being obtuse-- but how can I see an aggregation of ALL custom event data (regardless of timestamp) for ints and floats?

In Custom Event Details I'm seeing a nice graph of my float values (in this case average scores per level) laid out over time (the stopwatch icon). But I can't access the graph parameter value (globe icon) unless it's a string or a bool?

I'm most interested in knowing the average of *all scores ever* for level 1, for instance. Not the scores for level 1 on August 30th.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!
    Sebastian
    (ps-- I wanted to add how awesome I think Unity Analytics is-- you guys are doing a great job!!)

2. mpinol

mpinol

Hey @sebastiansgames,

Thanks, we are glad you are enjoying Analytics!

That is correct, since strings and bools are counted according to their unique values, they more naturally allow for the representation in a pie chart.

Finding the average of all scores can be best accomplished in a funnel. Depending on how your game progresses, you could create a funnel where each step is a custom event that is launched at the end of each level passing the scores parameter. Then on the Funnel View page you could change the Drilldown Type to Parameters Overview and select the step that represents the level you want to see the stats of.

I hope this makes sense and helps you out! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Attached Files:

3. sebastiansgames

sebastiansgames

Thank you for your reply.

Hm-- I guess I don't find this very intuitive. Values over time are nice for evaluating retention.

But especially in early phases of beta testing, I'm not interested in retention at all (i.e. I don't care prelaunch how well the game did on Tuesday).

What I'm looking for is a visual representation of the avg of *all* values for event 1 compared to the avg of *all* values of event 2. That is pretty much the definition of A/B testing.

Your proposed solution of using the funnel can definitely work. It's a shame though that it precludes any of the pretty graphs Unity analytics is creating, and doesn't allow me to compare one graph to another like the Data explorer does.

That said, thanks very much again for taking the time to listen to your customers. I think Analytics is off to a tremendous start!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  4. mpinol

mpinol