Search Unity

Agents influence speed of other agents

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Flombo, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Flombo

Flombo

Hello Guys,

I have a very strange problem with NavMesh.In my game enemies(agents) get spawned and then immediately run towards a target destination. If an agent gets instantiated he starts running towards the target, but he does this at a very slow speed (slower than the speed i set in the agents settings). However if at least three of these agents have spawned all three of them start speeding up immediately (running at the desired speed). As long as there are at least three of these agents in the scene, they move at their intended speed. As soon as i delete one of them (so that only two remain), they immediately go back to the slow speed.

I dont think that my scripts influence this. I've got only one script responsible for instantiating the agents and one script on the agents, that tells them to move towards the target.

I've tried changing the settings on the agents but nothing stops this odd behaviour. Has anyone had a similar issue? Or does someone might have a clue where this is coming from?

Best regards