Search Unity

Agents get stuck on NavMeshLink

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by blueteak, Nov 7, 2017.

1. blueteak

blueteak

I have a system that makes AI agents walk along a simple path (Simple Waypoint System in Asset Store), it tells the Agents to go to the next node on the path, and then once it reaches that point to go to the next point.

However, when there are NavMeshLinks the Agents sometimes have a very hard time finding the path. You can see in the image that the agents take multiple seconds to calculate a path to the next point and then it seems like they give up (the blue line points to the NavMeshLink instead of the next point, and it's just using Debug.DrawLine(agent.destination);)

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? It's using the NavMeshSurface and NavMeshLink system in the new Navigation system (from Github) and Unity 2017.2.0f3

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

This is a known bug, its been posted about in a number of other threads over the last couple of weeks all over these forums, so perhaps do a search first?

Download the latest unity patch to see if that fixes it. If it doesn't , file a bug report.

3. blueteak

blueteak

@Daemonhahn - Are you talking about https://forum.unity.com/threads/navmesh-link-does-not-connect-properly-in-runtime.473223/ ? I couldn't find any other even slightly similar posts in the last few months.

I don't want to be a jerk but a) How in the world would I search for that when the only common phrase between the issues is "NavMesh Link" and would result in hundreds of results. b) I am not certain that the issue is the same as I am not using any runtime surface building but instead using instantiated prefabs with existing surfaces already baked into the prefabs.

The latest Unity 2017.2.0p1 did not solve the issue, and with all due respect I'd like to see if anyone else has a more simple fix before I spend a day with my computer uploading a 20gb project for a bug report.

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Unfortunately due to the navmesh part of the engine seemingly changing retainer recently, as well as many recent changes, its is very very likely to be a bug on the unity side of things. I did not mean to be rude, I simply meant if you look through the unity answers part and forums, lots of people are having problems with mesh links, in all kinds of ways.

Without taking time to upload an example project (god no, dont upload all 20GB, isolate the part that matters in a fresh project and upload that) noone will find the fix!