Search Unity

Agent cannot traverse NavMeshLink

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Terminus001, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Terminus001

Terminus001

Hi everyone,

I am using the NavMeshComponents from the Unity GitHub because I need to have my agents climb up on walls and back on the other side.
    I use NavMeshSurfaces for baking the the navmesh on the walls which then can be rotated to have the navmesh vertical, and then I connect them using NavMeshLinks.

Before setting the destination of my agents, I use NavMesh.CalculatePath, which returns true for all of them. This means that the path was found. The agents start moving and go towards the objective, but when crossing the wall, they stop at the top and cannot traverse the second navmeshlink. They are successfull at traversing the first one (from ground to wall), but not the second (from wall to the top of the wall). Picture is below.

upload_2020-7-11_13-14-47.png

The blue arrow indicates the first navmeshlink (from ground to wall) which can be trasversed. The red arrow shows the second navmeshlink (from wall to the top of the wall) which cannot be trasversed.

Any idea why this would happen? My agent has a 0.1 radius, which should be more than enough to fit on the top wall navmesh.

Thanks in advance!