Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

After uploading game to Google Play, touch input stopped working

Discussion in 'Android' started by mangustas, Jun 1, 2014.

1. mangustas

mangustas

I don't even know what to say, because it's so strange, I don't know. I've created a game with Unity3D for Android. The point is, when I build a game and get an .APK file and when I uplad it to my Android smartphone, everything works fine and all. But when I uploaded THE SAME GAME to Google Play Store and downloaded it from it to my Android smartphone, touch input doesn't work at all. Basically, my game starts when the player touches the screen. It works with uploading an .APK file to the phone, but installing THE same game from Google Play, I cannot start the game because I can't touch anything. It just doesn't work.
    I tried to implement ChartBoost Interstitial Ads, but it won't work. After that, I realized that touch doesn't work while downloading / installing the app from Google Play. I deleted everything which is involved with ChartBoost, but it remains the same. I already re-uploaded the game to Google Play Store like 10 times, and every time is the same thing.
    Firstly, I was unable to Implement ChartBoost, and now I even cannot start the game with or without ChartBoost. It drives me crazy the whole day, even though I should have uploaded the game to Google Play Store today.
    Any ideas or something? I cannot think of anything right now. Appreciate any help and support.

2. HoangPh

HoangPh

have you check the game what if touch input works on your device?

3. mangustas

mangustas

As I said in my main thread, it works fine on the SAME Android device (Samsung Galaxy Note 3) when I upload .APK file directly, but when I install the SAME Game, the same Game version into the SAME Android device, touch input doesn't work.
    For me it looks like that Chartboost Interstitial Ad overlaps with the game screen so I cannot press anything (although I cannot see anything, so yeah, Ads doesn't work too), but I have deleted all the Chartboost files from my Unity3d game Project. I really don't get it. What's left is Ad Campaign with this game on Chartboost dashboard. Nothing else.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014