Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback After Unity Update OpenXR not connecting to SteamVR

Discussion in 'VR' started by unity_0251A879E5918D5C75FC, Aug 19, 2022.

1. unity_0251A879E5918D5C75FC

unity_0251A879E5918D5C75FC

Hello community,

I've expanded an existing (and working) Unity VR-application which used Open XR (OpenXR Plugin, XR Plugin Management installed) , SteamVR and HTC Vive.

I updated OpenXR Plugin (1.5.1) , XR Plugin Management (4.2.1).
    I updated the Unity Version from 2020.3.26f1 to 2020.3.36f1 and also SteamVR is updated.

However, using OpenXR I can only see the start screen in SteamVR. No data seems to be transferred. Unfortunately, I can't check whether the original project in 2020.3.26f1 would still work as I have transferred all copies to 2020.3.36f1 (in 2020.3.36f1 the original project also does not communicate with SteamVR now).

I wonder whether its a 2020.3.36f1 bug or whether I had modified anything critical in the scene regarding VR...I actually did not have to care about the scene/model until just now and did not touch anything VR-related (and as it is a single player-single camera application the VR part was easily ignored since the original project was handed over to me) ... until just now when I try to use the HTC Vive for the first time.

I have absolutely no idea how I can regain control of the VR environment in SteamVR (and in my HTC Vive).

...but using SteamVR and MockHMD I can at least get my scene back to SteamVR but my HTC Vive movement is not tracked then. Thus, I',m in "cinema mode" seeing my scene only moving when touching my PC mouse.

Maybe someone has an idea how I can find a solution to this problem.

***UPDATE: Using OpenXR I now see my Unity Environment in SteamVR and also in my HTC Vive, but it is static, when moving the HTC Vive I only move or rotate the room boundaries I set before. Does anyone have an idea how to be able to move the HTC Vive in the room?

Best regards,
    Lukas

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022