Search Unity

Bug After installing 2021.3.21f1 (LTS) I cannot compile for Android in development mode

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Faustob64, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Faustob64

Faustob64

I installed 2021.3.21f and moved my project from 2021.3.18f1, and started getting the following error:

Internal build system error. BuildProgram exited with code 3.
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator`1.Select[TResult](Func`2 selector)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.Select[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
    at Bee.TundraBackend.TundraBackend.AddDependency(NPath from, IEnumerable`1 to, DependencyKind kind)
    at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.Lumping.SetupLumps(ArtifactLocationPolicy artifactLocationPolicy, List`1 inputInstructions, Int32 idealFilesPerLump)+MoveNext()
    at System.Collections.Generic.LargeArrayBuilder`1.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 items)
    at System.Collections.Generic.SparseArrayBuilder`1.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 items)
    at System.Collections.Generic.SparseArrayBuilder`1.ReserveOrAdd(IEnumerable`1 items)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.Concat2Iterator`1.ToArray()
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.ProduceObjectFileProductionInstructions(NativeProgramConfiguration config, ArtifactLocationPolicy artifactLocationPolicy, ObjectFileProducer[] objectFileProducers, NPath[]& additionalObjectFiles, NPath[]& foundHeaders)
    at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.SetupSpecificConfigurationImpl(NativeProgramConfiguration config, NativeProgramFormat format, ObjectFileProducer[] objectFileProducers)
    at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.SetupSpecificConfiguration(NativeProgramConfiguration config, NativeProgramFormat format, ObjectFileProducer[] objectFileProducers)
    at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.SetupLibraryDependencies(NativeProgramConfiguration config, ToolChain toolchain, ObjectFileProducer[] objectFileProducers)
    at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.SetupSpecificConfigurationImpl(NativeProgramConfiguration config, NativeProgramFormat format, ObjectFileProducer[] objectFileProducers)
    at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.SetupSpecificConfiguration(NativeProgramConfiguration config, NativeProgramFormat format, ObjectFileProducer[] objectFileProducers)
    at PlayerBuildProgramLibrary.PlayerBuildProgramBase.SetupIl2CppBuild() in /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Editor/IncrementalBuildPipeline/PlayerBuildProgramLibrary/PlayerBuildProgramBase.cs:line 369
    at PlayerBuildProgramLibrary.PlayerBuildProgramBase.SetupPlayerBuild() in /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Editor/IncrementalBuildPipeline/PlayerBuildProgramLibrary/PlayerBuildProgramBase.cs:line 171
    at AndroidPlayerBuildProgram.AndroidPlayerBuildProgram.SetupPlayerBuild()
    at PlayerBuildProgramLibrary.PlayerBuildProgramBase.RunBuildProgram() in /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Editor/IncrementalBuildPipeline/PlayerBuildProgramLibrary/PlayerBuildProgramBase.cs:line 165
    at PlayerBuildProgramTypeWrapper.Run(String[] args)
    at Program.Main(String[] args)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

I tried all I could find on related threads:
    • switched back to 2021.3.18f1
    • uninstalled 2021.3.21f1
    • removed library folder from project
    • tried clean builds
    • rebuilt project from just the Assets folder
    • rebooted machine (Mac running 13.2.1)
    Right now i can run the code in the Editor, and can compile for Android, but I get the error above if i set the flag "Development Build". This used to work before the update and I did not make any other changes to the project in between.

Any pointers?

2. Faustob64

Faustob64

Update: I did a clean reinstall of 2021.3.18f1, and the problem is still there.
    It probably had nothing to do with the update to 2021.3.21f1. I must have never compiled this project with "Development Build" on for Android before. I submitted this to Unity as a bug.