Search Unity

Bug After getting AI Navigation package, Editor gets stuck on Waiting for script updater popup

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by FredTuna, Dec 9, 2022.

1. FredTuna

FredTuna

I just update to Unity 2022.2.0 and needed to start using the AI Navigation package instead of the NavMeshComponents source code. Unfortunately, when doing that, the editor gets stuck with this popup:
    upload_2022-12-9_14-59-36.png

Closing and reopening Unity even after deleting the Library folder doesn't fix the issue. Reverting the changes to manifest.json and packages-lock.json (so removing the AI Navigation package) fixes the issue.

Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix this?

Likutar and nasos_333 like this.
  2. WendelinReich

WendelinReich

Bump this! Unity 2022 still has this problem (regarding a completetly different script in my case), the script updater blocks Unity forever.

nasos_333 likes this.
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is it resolved after kill Unity and restart it ?

Just happened after installed Splines module.

4. Likutar

Likutar

Hi FredTuna,

Can you please explain more on your actions?

I have encountered a similar situation, my case is that I have added a line of code to set NavMeshObstacle active (I am using NavMeshPlus). It happened when I clicked save on VisualStudio.
    I have closed Unity and restarted it. But my project does not even open anymore! Always getting stuck on the step of "Compiling Scripts: Script Compilation: Waiting for script updater".

Thank you in advance!

5. Likutar

Likutar

Hi all,

For those who might have encountered the same issue as mine, I have managed to reopened the game eventually.

While I was stuck on "Compiling Scripts: Script Compilation: Waiting for script updater" when opening the project, I had done some investigations in Editor log file. It showed me the error in one of the scripts. I commented that line of code out in the script and restarted Unity Editor once again, it loaded past that point.

Reference
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html